Mars Matrix - MAME/Dreamcast

Got a high score accomplishment or speedrun to boast about? Share it here!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

AmidstStorm

Mars Matrix - MAME/Dreamcast

Post by AmidstStorm » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:07 am

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Submit your scores on default settings (DC - Difficulty 4 - Ships 3) with no continues as follows with a screenshot/photograph:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Player name - Player initials - Score - EXP - Stage reached - Ship (Red/Blue) - Mode - Format (MAME/Dreamcast)

DC ARCADE MODE
1. AmidstStorm - AMS - 6,451,787,230 - 38,875 - Stage 3 - Blue - Arcade - JAP DC
Last edited by AmidstStorm on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:27 am, edited 6 times in total.

AmidstStorm

Re: Mars Matrix - MAME/Dreamcast

Post by AmidstStorm » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:10 am

Myself and gmintyfresh have just started playing this for the AvsG Series (http://gunheadshmups.blogspot.com/2012/ ... atrix.html), so thought i'd post it up if others wanted to get involved on here.

First credit score and first proper experience with the game.

AmidstStorm - AMS - 48,899,730 - 1747 - Stage 2 - RED - Arcade - DC

AmidstStorm

Post by AmidstStorm » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:58 am

This game is incredible. haven't been able to stop playing it. Improvement.

AmidstStorm - AMS - 6,451,787,230 - 38,875 - Stage 3 - Blue - Arcade - JAP DC

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:00 am

Ready for a bit of this at the weekend and some Arrowflash too, blog to follow....

AmidstStorm

Post by AmidstStorm » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:26 am

gmintyfresh wrote:Ready for a bit of this at the weekend and some Arrowflash too, blog to follow....
yeah jump on Arrow flash asap mate. I reckon you might squeeze in a 1CC in time. 4 days to go!

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:10 am

AmidstStorm wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote:Ready for a bit of this at the weekend and some Arrowflash too, blog to follow....
yeah jump on Arrow flash asap mate. I reckon you might squeeze in a 1CC in time. 4 days to go!
Aye that's what I'm banking on, an intense 4 day blast at it!!

AmidstStorm

Post by AmidstStorm » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:14 am

gmintyfresh wrote:
AmidstStorm wrote:
Aye that's what I'm banking on, an intense 4 day blast at it!!
It's definitely doable. Once you get your head round the arrow flash usage and where to stay in what levels, you'll have 1-4 nailed and be looking at around the 450k mark going into stage 5 fully powered up with maximum number of arrow flashes.

Stage 5? hmm.. bastard level.

AmidstStorm

Post by AmidstStorm » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:18 pm

I think I may have found a bullet hell to topple ketsui as my favourite. still sussing out the scoring system but I think I've worked it out on my own. Can now hit over 1 billion in stage 1. I'm sure this is poor in comparison to someone who knows the game, but it feels like I'm making progress. Plus my thumbs Hurt andI haven't had that since the days of tony hawks pro skater 2 and pro evo marathons.

This game is just amazing. Capcom did good on this one.

Misery

Post by Misery » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:41 am

I was going to jump in on this one, buuuuuuuuuuuuut..... and I'm blaming Capcom for this because I loathe them and they're as smart as a box of hair..... despite them saying "PERFECT ARCADEZ CONVERSIONS!!!!!1111", it isnt. The values for each enemy are in fact different, ONLY in the DC version.

.....shmupmame also hates it and wont run it.

Is there a non-terrible DC emulator out there somewhere, and is this rom even possible to get? Wouldnt mind having a go at this, but for the version incompatibility, and Mame's absolute idiocy.

AmidstStorm

Post by AmidstStorm » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:20 am

Misery wrote:I was going to jump in on this one, buuuuuuuuuuuuut..... and I'm blaming Capcom for this because I loathe them and they're as smart as a box of hair..... despite them saying "PERFECT ARCADEZ CONVERSIONS!!!!!1111", it isnt. The values for each enemy are in fact different, ONLY in the DC version.

Is there a non-terrible DC emulator out there somewhere, and is this rom even possible to get? Wouldnt mind having a go at this, but for the version incompatibility, and Mame's absolute idiocy.
Not sure about DC emulators. i barely use emualtion tbh. I know they changed the score system slightly for the DC version. Added 2 more digits to the score counter as people were maxing it out in the arcade version.

This game is incredible, i know you're not a fan of chaining but this is such a clever system and uses 1 button for 4 different type attacks.

Misery

Post by Misery » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:44 am

AmidstStorm wrote:
Misery wrote:I was going to jump in on this one, buuuuuuuuuuuuut..... and I'm blaming Capcom for this because I loathe them and they're as smart as a box of hair..... despite them saying "PERFECT ARCADEZ CONVERSIONS!!!!!1111", it isnt. The values for each enemy are in fact different, ONLY in the DC version.

Not sure about DC emulators. i barely use emualtion tbh. I know they changed the score system slightly for the DC version. Added 2 more digits to the score counter as people were maxing it out in the arcade version.

This game is incredible, i know you're not a fan of chaining but this is such a clever system and uses 1 button for 4 different type attacks.
Hmm, as a rule, yeah, not a fan of chaining, but it's not ALWAYS done in the irritating DOJ fashion. Gundead Ligne is a good example.

That, and this game was done by the game guys that did Giga Wing, the game that got me into the genre. Therefore, it is immediately good by default. Some of it's mechanics seem influenced by that one.

Gotta find a proper rom/iso/whatever though before I can really have a go at this one.

....stupidly though, while shmupmame absolutely WILL NOT run this, normal Mame WILL. ....which still makes it unplayable due to the input problem.

Vyothric

Post by Vyothric » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:29 am

I've actually played this briefly. When I got my DC setup I burnt a few shoot em ups, but I only have one monitor and my computer is on a lot of the time, so my DC doesn't get used much. Depending on the next league game I might give this one a try.
LastFM | Mods | Music | Twitter | YouTube

Zwischen Leere und Nichts