Bullet Soul - 360

Got a high score accomplishment or speedrun to boast about? Share it here!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Sel Feena

Re: Bullet Soul - 360

Post by Sel Feena » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:38 pm

It's all about point-blanking enemies near the top of the screen before they fart out enough bullets to overwhelm you. Stage 4 onwards would seem to be a nightmare as there's just no way you can point-blank everything at once, so you've got to pick your targets and remember the patterns for everything else. Boss fights last an age, but fun patterns. No milking unless you want it! There is an AutoBomb option but you're penalised pretty heavily for using it.

Personally, I'm having a lot of fun trying to discover all the Bonuses you can unlock for the stages ( Stage 2 seems like it has a constant stream of these); these are apparently the key to unlocking the second loop which is supposed to be much more bullety from the get go.

If you play for score, which you've said you do, I think there's a lot of challenge.

Misery

Post by Misery » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:37 am

Sel Feena wrote:It's all about point-blanking enemies near the top of the screen before they fart out enough bullets to overwhelm you. Stage 4 onwards would seem to be a nightmare as there's just no way you can point-blank everything at once, so you've got to pick your targets and remember the patterns for everything else. Boss fights last an age, but fun patterns. No milking unless you want it! There is an AutoBomb option but you're penalised pretty heavily for using it.

Personally, I'm having a lot of fun trying to discover all the Bonuses you can unlock for the stages ( Stage 2 seems like it has a constant stream of these); these are apparently the key to unlocking the second loop which is supposed to be much more bullety from the get go.

If you play for score, which you've said you do, I think there's a lot of challenge.
That all sounds promising, then.

Then there's just the little matter of the price tag.... sigh. These are always expensive, but this one is even MORE expensive. Still, I'll likely buy it anyway.

AmidstStorm

Post by AmidstStorm » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:21 am

Yeah think I agree with sel. There's definitely depth there If chasing score. I've only played a handful of credits and can make it to the last stage with auto bomb on and playing purely for survival, so I'd say it's a little on the easier side in comparison with cave. No harder difficulty settings that I've noticed either

Misery

Post by Misery » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:02 am

AmidstStorm wrote:Yeah think I agree with sel. There's definitely depth there If chasing score. I've only played a handful of credits and can make it to the last stage with auto bomb on and playing purely for survival, so I'd say it's a little on the easier side in comparison with cave. No harder difficulty settings that I've noticed either

Not that Cave's games have been all that hard recently.

Stuff like DDP:R 1.5 or Akai Katana.... pretty easy.

Seems to be a recent trend with some of these, easy survival, but difficult for actual scoring.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:02 am

Seems there is DLC for this game...

Ver B reworks the stages and bullet patterns, with bosses apparently going down much quicker.

A new character:

AmidstStorm

Post by AmidstStorm » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:40 am

I think I might look to get it. It really seems strange how they only have one main mode and difficulty.

Misery

Post by Misery » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:48 am

I did hear that the extra character for the game is extremely broken. Unless it was one of the already-there characters that's broken, but I'm pretty sure it was the DLC that I'd heard this about.

There's vids of it on Youtube, I know that much, might be worth checking before grabbing.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:29 pm

Yeah, compared to Cave's releases it's disappointing that there aren't extra modes already. Curious to see what 5pb are charging for this DLC.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:12 pm

Not a massive improvement, but I think I'm starting to get into a pattern for Stage 4.

Sel Feena - SEL - 170,153,340 -Stage 4 - Blue - Auto OFF

That boss, though...Jesus, what a pain.

kollisionBR

Post by kollisionBR » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:57 pm

Result from the end of year's fun with Bullet Soul:

kollisionBR - EDW - 734,690,710 - Stage 2-3 - Blue - Auto OFF

Fun game once you start getting aggressive.
I think the chick is the best player all around because of her locking lasers, the old pervert is good as well but he's toooo slow.

Replay is up on the leaderboards, more impressions of the game can be read in the link on my signature.

AmidstStorm

Post by AmidstStorm » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:33 pm

Congrats on the loop clear Ed. Updated table.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:22 am

Great score, recently got the DLC for this and tried the Caravan Mode which is great fun. The new character really is broken though, you can pretty much smash your way through with her. :|

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:10 pm

Anyone else looking forward to Infinite Burst coming April 24th? There still don't seem to be many details, and it may just be the game with DLC on disc. I'll probably end up getting it anyway!

kollisionBR

Post by kollisionBR » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:27 am

there's the new trailer, Sel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzG1H-yM0bM

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:20 pm

So, looks like Burst Mode is the only new thing I'd be getting here. Loop, Ver. B, Caravan Mode were all DLC. Still, I think 5pb should be applauded for releasing a disc with the DLC content on. Not everyone has or wants XBL, and there's also the fact that eventually that DLC won't be accessible I'm guessing.