The RGF Shmup League - Season #10 COMING SOON

Got a high score accomplishment or speedrun to boast about? Share it here!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

grunthos

Re: RGF Shmup League - Season #2 Game #6: DoDonPachi

Post by grunthos » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:07 pm

Grunthos - DAD - 5,985,610 - 3 - C/Shot - Saturn
Possibly my fave cave of recent times.
Don't feel like a "pure" bullet hell - quite.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:11 pm

Gmintyfresh - GEF - 8488600 - 1-5 - C/S - Saturn

Sputryk

Post by Sputryk » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:16 pm

Damnit. CENSORED! Farther than before, 281 in a row; yet only 10mill for all that effort. Far too annoyed and frustrated now to get anywhere near as far (and I've tried). Not at all happy now, finishing 6th. 5th should have been mine tonight. Damn, damn, damn. Censored!

AmidstStorm

Post by AmidstStorm » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:57 pm

Game time over.

Final rankings for Game #6. Top 5 please PM me your nomination. Results will be publicly announced on the 2nd January for voting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HIGH SCORE RANKING - SEASON #2, GAME #6: DoDonPachi - Arcade, MAME, Saturn & Playstation (8th December - 22nd December 2012)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Position - Player - Initials - Score - Area Reached - Ship/Weapon Type - Format
1. Smraedis - .SM - 58,748,000 - 2-2 - C/S - MAME
2. kollisionBR - EDW - 45,114,130 - 2-2 - A/L - Saturn
3. Mero - ROB - 25,027,620 - 1-5 - C/S - Playstation
4. coffeejoerx - CRX - 19,642,650 - 1-5 - C/S - MAME
5. Sel Feena - SLF - 11,742,010 - 1-5 - ? - MAME
6. Sputryk - RYK - 11,254,860 - 1-4 - C/S - MAME
7. Ruroso - RUR - 9,961,960 - 1-4 - ? - MAME
8. Gmintyfresh - GEF - 8,488,600 - 1-5 - C/S - Saturn
9. Sel The Don - SEL - 7,143,600 - 1-3 - ? - MAME
10. Grunthos - DAD - 5,985,610 - 3 - C/S - Saturn
11. AmidstStorm - AMS - 5,143,200 - 1-3 - C/S - MAME

BONUS POINTS:
1. Smraedis
2. kollisionBR

AmidstStorm

Re: RGF Shmup League - Season #2 Game #7: taking nominations

Post by AmidstStorm » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:19 am

Finalized rankings for Season #2 Game #6 - DoDonPachi

Updated League standings:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PRE GAME #7 INFO:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- The top 5 ranking scorers for DoDonPachi should PM me one game nomination for game #7.

Smraedis
kollisionBR
Mero
coffeejoerx
Sel Feena

- Once i've received all 5 nominations, I will post them up above. Also I will announce it as a new post.

- All players that submitted a score for DoDonPachi will have 2 votes each to cast on the 5 games nominated. You can use both of your votes on 2 different games or use both your votes on the same game.

- Players voting can either PM, email, use our facebook page, or text me their votes. Or.. post them into the thread. This is a public ballot and all will see what game(s) you cast your votes on.

- In a case of a tie of votes, a re-vote on the games tied will be asked by all players.

- for Game #7 the nominations will not be announced until 2nd January 2013 due to the holiday period. Apologies to anyone who does not have a holiday during this period, but I will be a drunken idiot for the best part of 9 days and no good to anyone.

- The deadline for nominations and votes is 23:59pm on the 6th January 2012 UK GMT.

- If we haven't received all votes by this time, then the game with the current highest number of votes will become the game we will play. If games are tied on votes when the deadline hits, I will take some administrative stance and pick the game I feel will be best suited to the league.

- If by any chance I have not received all the nominations by this deadline or contacted by a nominee stating they wish to not nominate a game (their nomination will be then passed down to next ranking player), by default I will choose a game out of the nominations I have received.

- Game #7 will start, at 00:00am on the 7th January, and will go on til 23:59pm on the 21st January 2013, UK GMT.

COMPETITION: Design a new RGF Shmup League Banner -

I was thinking let's start the new year with a fresh look for the league forum page and our Facebook group page, and would like to open the offer to all players to design a new logo/banner if they so wish, even if it's just for fun.

Any editing software can be used and any style or font can be used. To my knowledge we can't get in trouble for it...

All entries should be emailed to myself (PM me for my address) and I will post all entries up for public vote on 1st February 2013.

As an incentive the winner can choose any one of these games delivered free to anywhere in the world:

kollisionBR

Post by kollisionBR » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:00 am

Merry Christmas, everybody!

Hmmm.... that jpn Tatsujin is yummy!
:mrgreen:

AmidstStorm

Post by AmidstStorm » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:27 am

Merry Christmas buddy. hope you have a good one!

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:20 am

Cool idea for a compo Any particular dimensions to stick to? And a merry Chrimbo to all too. :D

wolfman24

Post by wolfman24 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:02 am

merry christmas guys

AmidstStorm

Post by AmidstStorm » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:32 pm

NOMINATION/VOTING PERIOD - DOUBLE HEADER BONUS ROUND

- During preseason a random number generator will be used to pick a number between 1 & 10. This will relate to the number of game in the season which the Double Header bonus round will take place on. This information will be noted by admin, but kept secret and announced at the relevant time.

- The top 2 most voted for games of that nomination period will be played simultaneously.

- Game time will be extended to a period of 20 days instead of the standard 15.

- Double bonus points will be up for grabs if both games are cleared in the time.

- Double ranking points also up for grabs.

- A player submits their scores in the same way. You can submit as much as you want for either game. If a player chooses to focus on just one game, then that is the player's choice.

- Two separate ranking tables will be kept for the double header games but 10 ranking points and 3 bonus points are up for grabs on both games. Eg. If you place 2nd in one game and 5th in the other, your total ranking points will be 9 (2nd place) + 6 (5th place) = 15 points. It's possible to snag a total of 26 points for this one round of the league.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Nominations for Game #7 are as follows:

19XX: The War Against Destiny - 3 votes
Exed Exes - 5 votes
Exerion
Strikers 1945 - 7 votes
Thunder Force IV - 5 votes

The following players have 2 votes each.

Smraedis
kollisionBR - EE, Strikers
Mero - EE, Strikers
coffeejoerx - EE, TFIV
Sel Feena - Strikers x2
Sputryk - 19XX x2
Ruroso - 19XX, Strikers
Gmintyfresh - EE x2
Sel The Don - Strikers, TFIV
Grunthos - TFIV x2
AmidstStorm - Strikers, TFIV

The top 2 voted games for GAME #7 will both be played. The round will start on the 7th January 2013.
Last edited by AmidstStorm on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coffeejoerx

Post by coffeejoerx » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:12 pm

I vote in Exed Exes and Thunder Force IV.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:38 am

Two votes for Exed Exes please

Sputryk

Post by Sputryk » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:31 am

19XX
19XX

Mero

Post by Mero » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:51 am