LOZ - Twilight Princess

Got a high score accomplishment to boast about? stick it here...

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

blackNESguy

LOZ - Twilight Princess

Post by blackNESguy » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:23 am

Just finished this game for the first time tonight, not really sure how I feel about it. I know one thing I just hated the controls!
The BlackNES Guy
bit.ly/blacknesguy
twitter @blacknesguy
facebook @theblacknesguy
blacknesguy@gmail.com

joefish

Re: LOZ - Twilight Princess

Post by joefish » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:41 pm

This is probably my favourite Zelda game. I love being able to aim with the remote. Admittedly anything other than the A and trigger buttons are a pain to use in any Wii game. But I think it's worth it. The biggest flaw I think is the training sequences in the village at the start just go on for far too long. But once the game gets going it's great. I love the characters and how they do come together to help you, and the wolf's view of the world is done quite cleverly. I was always disappointed by Ocarina of Time hinting about the spirit world without letting you actually go there and walk around; at least this one does have an 'other side', although it's a bit small when you do see it.

I certainly found Skyward Sword more annoying to control. Instead of using the accurate screen pointer, you genuinely use the accelerometer-measured motion to aim and operate a bow, which can drift and end up with you pointing way off your actual target. And the 'accurate' sword control is a big lie - it's a fiddle that just lets you strike on 8 compass points. A few of its set pieces are spectacular, but the extreme linearity to your progress and lack of a joined-up map on the ground are disappointing.

RuySan

Re: LOZ - Twilight Princess

Post by RuySan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:54 pm

It was ok, but the motion controls added nothing, and a visual style closer to Wind Waker would benefit more considering the low-res and horsepower of the Wii. And the tutorial drags on for too long (this is a criticism that can be aimed at many other zelda's)