Gizmondo's going cheap

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

william

Gizmondo's going cheap

Post by william » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:16 am

Hi all
just returned from a shopping trip in HMV and managed to pick up a gizmondo for £39.99 and it's games for £6.99 each,when i asked the assistant he said that they were selling off the entire stock of hardware and software,but the hmv returns policy will not apply with purchasing it.so if anyone's after one then check their local HMV and pick up a bargin :roll:

RetroReserve

Post by RetroReserve » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:28 am

I heard that on the digitpress forum. Might pick one up for myself next time I'm in. I wonder if it is worth waiting though to see if the price goes down even more.

william

Post by william » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:50 am

I wonder if it is worth waiting though to see if the price goes down even more.
Thats a bit of a gamble ,in Edinburgh's HMV there was only three left when i got mine and i picked up the last of the games of the shelf as well.

stigodump

Post by stigodump » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:50 am

Wondered when this would happen.

But that's a bargain make no mistake.

What are they like?

william

Post by william » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:08 pm

What are they like?
just spent the last half hour playing about with it and i think its great(esp for the price)good graphics and sound(esp with the headphones)and fairly decent gameplay as well(alright i suppose for the only games HMV had-Trailblazer,Hockey rage 2005,Sticky balls and Richard burns rally).
so does anyone know what good games to go for?
Also,i've just checked ebay prices for the machines:lol:

william

Post by william » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:18 pm

Forgot to mention-have seen gamestation selling gizmondo games for £1.99 :D

paranoid marvin

Re:

Post by paranoid marvin » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:44 pm

william wrote:Forgot to mention-have seen gamestation selling gizmondo games for £1.99 :D

Does that make Gizmondo retro gaming?
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:30 pm

I've written my feature for issue 52 already.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

mel the bell

Post by mel the bell » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:44 pm

gah none round here, looked in hmv, virgin, game, gamestation, woolworths today in middlesbrough, didnt see any gizmondo stuff at all

all that and i forgot to visit a newsagent to get the 2nd retro gamer anthology :P
On 2003-12-08 20:15, cyborg wrote:
You're all corporate bitches if you buy a console - face it. Unless it's a Phantom - in that case you're just stupid - because even if it did exist it'd be crap

william

Post by william » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:11 pm

Got a couple more giz games from gamestation for £1.99 each and managed to pick up a case for it for £3. :D

Yes,i know it isn't retro,but in 5-10 years time it will be and will hopefully be worth a fortune and i'll be happy to have picked it up so cheap in the first place.also i prefer buying my handhelds new or as new as poss as i can't stand trying to get a decent handheld with an unscratched screen.

Ash

Post by Ash » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:14 pm

I picked up the games cheap but can't find a machine anywhere. :(

william

Post by william » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:18 pm

but can't find a machine anywhere.
my local HMV sold out over the weekend,everyone's got the same idea to get one for that price.its a bargin for the price.

Ash

Re:

Post by Ash » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:47 pm

william wrote:
but can't find a machine anywhere.
my local HMV sold out over the weekend,everyone's got the same idea to get one for that price.its a bargin for the price.
My local HMV didn't even put theirs on sale. They just sent em back to the supplier. :(

william

Post by william » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:37 pm

My local HMV didn't even put theirs on sale. They just sent em back to the supplier.
:? don't know why?.the assistant i bought from gave me a no returns form to say that they can't take them back due to the fact that they couldn't get their money back on returns due to gizmondo going bankrupt,and he mentioned that they were being sold to clear out the storeroom.

Ash

Re:

Post by Ash » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:47 pm

william wrote:
My local HMV didn't even put theirs on sale. They just sent em back to the supplier.
:? don't know why?.the assistant i bought from gave me a no returns form to say that they can't take them back due to the fact that they couldn't get their money back on returns due to gizmondo going bankrupt,and he mentioned that they were being sold to clear out the storeroom.
That's what I heard too but my housemate works on the games counter at HMV Leeds and he assured me that they've gone back to the supplier. I'm under the impression that different HMVs deal with different suppliers though, so it might not apply to all stores.