TOMBI and TOMBI 2

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

KeatonCar

TOMBI and TOMBI 2

Post by KeatonCar » Thu May 29, 2008 8:44 am

Long, long ago... in a land full of magic and heroes, there lived in a broken-down old cottage... a boy. Not just ANY boy, but a boy with a magical amulet that was to chaaaaaaaaaaa... (record scratch)......*crickets*.......... *footsteps*......*more crickets*.....

Hello... is this mic on, is this mi... I don't think they can hear me, I don't think they can hear... they can.... Testing, Testing.. *mic blow*...... eerrrr... "HI." I used to buy my monthly PS1 demo disc and usually went straight home to play it. I always ran into trouble right from the off as someone stuck a magazine to it... *drumroll..cymbal*.... No... ok....

Anyway, Tombi. This game, if it hasn't already deserves coverage. An inventive 2D platformer, this game had well balanced gameplay, good side quests and puzzles. It also had a great sense of humour and really cool animations. Reminded me of Donkey kong Country, and that is not a bad thing at all.

Ebay usually has these floating around at over £35.00 each most times, quite rare as I believe. Wanna find out more about these two.... Retro Gamer.... take it away.... :D

EvilArmourKing

Post by EvilArmourKing » Thu May 29, 2008 8:47 am

EvilArmourKing's Tip of the Day:

Post this thread in Q+A.
"This rod will be your doom" - Kilik

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Thu May 29, 2008 10:33 am

EvilArmourKing wrote:EvilArmourKing's Tip of the Day:

Post this thread in Q+A.
Any tips on helping me understand what the bloody hell the first 2 paragraphs mean? :lol:
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

RetroKingSimon

Post by RetroKingSimon » Thu May 29, 2008 11:41 am

I love the Tombi games. It would be a great read. :)

KeatonCar

Post by KeatonCar » Thu May 29, 2008 1:26 pm

Sorry, was in a kinda silly mood when i wrote it. :wink: