New Mattel Intellivision Article on Gamasutra

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

bill_loguidice

New Mattel Intellivision Article on Gamasutra

Post by bill_loguidice » Thu May 08, 2008 10:50 am

Gamasutra has just posted the fifth of six entries from me and Matt Barton in the "A History of Gaming Platforms" series, this time on the Mattel Intellivision, here: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3 ... forms_.php . This was one of my favorite entries to write in the book this series is based off of, so I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did writing it. As a bonus, I've included on Armchair Arcade the additional captions and images that Gamasutra chose not to include (I think I again improved image quality - by the way, those screenshots are DIRECT video captures straight from an Intellivision II, NOT from an emulator, and everything else of course is also straight from my personal collection). The next and presumably final entry will be on the Atari 8-bit.

The unused images and all the captions (used and unused): http://armchairarcade.com/neo/node/1842
--------------
Bill Loguidice
Books!
Armchair Arcade

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Thu May 08, 2008 11:10 am

The Angry Video Game Nerd (James Rolfe) has also just recently released a short film called 'Double Vision' which has a retrospective look at the Intellivision, and also the Colecovision. Its on www.screwattack.com along with the rest of the Nerd's video reviews.

The Universal

Post by The Universal » Thu May 08, 2008 11:33 am

Nice feature. I always used to pine for one of these everytime my mum got a new catalogue, never had or knew anyone that had one.
Just where is Mickey T?

bill_loguidice

Post by bill_loguidice » Thu May 08, 2008 11:39 am

The Universal wrote:Nice feature. I always used to pine for one of these everytime my mum got a new catalogue, never had or knew anyone that had one.
It was probably bigger here in North America (particularly in the US) than anywhere else in the world by far. Obviously this was written from a US perspective, like the book it's based off of.
--------------
Bill Loguidice
Books!
Armchair Arcade