Currently Playing

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Ash

Post by Ash » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:29 am

I was playing all sorts of retro and modern games until Guitar Hero came along. Now I have no life but my fingers move quicker than ever.

ste pickford

Re:

Post by ste pickford » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:33 am

Couldn't resist...
Meh wrote:Need for Speed: Most Wanted on XBox.
andy vaisey wrote:I'm currently playing "180" (Mastertronic) on the C64.
Both games written by the same programmer!

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:45 am

I'm currently playing Half Life 2 (XBox) & thoroughly enjoying it.

TheShend

Post by TheShend » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:14 am

I'm still playing Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike. I haven't played a new game since Halo 2.

When the Uni course finishes then i can start again.

Ben

Post by Ben » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:59 am

I'm currently finishing off, and absolutely loving Killer 7. Not played a game so good since well the last big capcom game i played.
Naruto 4 has just arrived so that's going to be getting some play when Killer 7's done with

On the retro side, a friend recommended Culdcept (saturn), not played it much yet, but i've really enjoyed it so far. When thats done i've got the dreamcast sequel waiting for me :D

cheeky_muffin

Post by cheeky_muffin » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:04 pm

I'm currently playing my old favourite, Rainbow Islands from the Taito Legends compliation. Managed to get to level 6 with all the jewels but I know it won't generate the ultimate ending as I haven't got any of them in order. I haven't cheated as such, just used the continue option a few times :D

The Universal

Post by The Universal » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:15 pm

In case you just dived into Taito classics (like I did :oops: ) its worth checking the extras on each game, it tells you how to unlock different playmodes for games. I had never heard of Super Bubble Bobble until completing Bubble Bobble on this compilation, still havent played it but know how to unlock it. Loads of oddities like that
Just where is Mickey T?

RetroEd

Post by RetroEd » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:46 pm

DS : Mario Kart DS / Sonic Rush
PS2 : Taito Legends / Dark Chronicle
GB Micro : Super Mario Advance 2 (Super Mario World) / Advance Wars 2 / Castlevania Circle of the Moon
SNES : Yoshi's Island / Earthworm Jim 2

romanista

Post by romanista » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:45 am

Playing:

flubo puyo (osx clone of puyopuyo, dr. robotnik)
sensi soccer (jagyuar version this week, because i put it in the living room for tempest 2k), jag version lets you see more of the pitch
crazy taxi (dreamcast)
bomberman generation (cube)
nhl 2k6 (cube)
speedball 2 (gba version)

mechamonkey

Post by mechamonkey » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:44 am

The Secret of Mana 2 english translation, absolute sex :)
Born from an egg on a mountain top

Adamski

Post by Adamski » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:30 pm

Currently making way through the following games and all are on-going demands:~

N64:~Currently playing Ogre battle 64 for the 3rd time its a game that just gets better with every play as the level of customisation is excellent

PS1:~Tales of destiny 2 and Brigandine.Both games worth anyones time.Ones a vastly underrated StrategyRPG that really is for those who enjoy a good mix of Strategy and ones a decent Role playing adventure.

PS2:~Dragon quest VIII,Suikoden Tactics,Dynasty tactics 2 and Culdcept(a board game with RPG and strategy elements).Others are all decent RPGs or strategy and all from across the pond with the exception of Dynasty tactics 2 which is better,imho,than the Hack and slash game its taken from.

GC:~Super Robot Taisen GC,Fire Emblem:PoR and SD Gundam Gashapon wars.All excellent Strategy RPGs and even the ones in Japanese are worth playing if you like turn based strategy.

GBA=Super robot Taisen J,Fire Emblem:Fuuin no Tsurugi and Tactics ogre:ToL.The only non Japanese game is Tactics ogrebut all excellent and I can recommend the Japanese Fire Emblem.

I know there sounds to be alot there but the ones highlighted are perhaps the ones getting most of my time,but they're all getting a look in atm.My poor old Xbox is getting more and more neglected and the last game I played on that was Gladius

Vlad The Nailer

Post by Vlad The Nailer » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:58 pm

Dragon Quest VIII - new retro.
Be attitude for gains:

1) Be praying...
2) Be praying...
3) Be praying...

PoloPlayr

Post by PoloPlayr » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:50 am

Mario Kart DS
Tony Hawk's American Sk8Land
Castlevania : Dawn of Sorrow

The DS has been my weapon of choice lately. Insane amount of Grade A titles coming out. Can't wait to get my hands on Animal Crossing!!!

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:14 am

Xbox: OutRun 2's clawed its way back into my life, due to me finally getting off my backside and copying it to the Xbox's h/d, along with the rest of my wee Xbox "collection" (such that it is). After finally tracking down the elusive Gottlieb pinball collection, that's getting a few games here and there.

Dreamcast: This finally got plugged in after an entire year of non-love. The usual suspects are getting trotted out now and again, especially Crazy Taxi.

GBA: A shockingly huge pile of emulators and retro remakes, Blast Arena Advance (homebrew), Mario Kart Advance, and Wario Ware Twisted, which has the ability to make me grin like an idiot.
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com

DonkeySpank

Post by DonkeySpank » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:38 am

Struggling with Raiden on MAME - blimey that's a pretty hard shmup!
Also persevering intermittently with Splinter Cell:Pandora Tomorrow on the Xbox.