Favourite Fighting Game Character?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Megamixer

Re: Favourite Fighting Game Character?

Post by Megamixer » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:29 pm

Can't believe I haven't posted here yet!

Anyway...

Darkstalkers - Morrigan (duh, obviously)
Street Fighter - Akuma (too bad-ass), Cammy
Tekken - Kazuya, Paul, Nina
Soul Calibur - Sophitia
KOF - Ryo, Mai, B.Jenet
Fighting Vipers/Megamix - Candy/Honey
DoA - Ayane
Bloody Roar - Jenny, Sheena, Uranus

Oh and I can actually play as these characters very well i.e not choosing all the girls just because of the obvious massive jubblies :lol:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Dennoman

Post by Dennoman » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:37 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Dennoman wrote: Another favorite would be Makoto (SFIII and soon SSFIV). Looks like a cute little schoolgirl in karate class, but doesn't take censored from nobody.
>Looks like a cute little schoolgirl

That is not Sakura
IN KARATE CLASS :evil:

Always on the look-out for fighting games!
Have any stray ones laying about? Let me know and we'll try to give them a cosy new home.

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:46 pm

There's so many but I'll try and narrow it down a bit:

Jacky - VF
Kage -VF
Tokio - FV
Sanman - FV
Cervantes - SC
Ryo - KOF
Heidern - KOF
Terry - KOF
Sagat - SF
Guile - SF
Ryu -SF
Raiden - MK

Sagat is probably my overall favourite, then Heidern and Cervantes I would think 8)

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:21 pm

Chun Li - SFII (World Warrior, Champion, Hyper & Super), SF Alpha 1, SF III Third Strike, Capcom vs SNK 2.
Morrigan/Demitri - Darkstalkers.
Haggar - Final Fight.
Pyslocke/Wolverine - Marvel Super Heroes.
Jill Valentine/Rogue/Magneto/Wolverine - Marvel vs Capcom 2
Jun the Swan/Doronjo/Mark the Eagle - Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Oh and if you want to do little social experiments on our forum don't post about them on your own you plum - Darren@Retro Gamer

RetroKingSimon

Post by RetroKingSimon » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:00 pm

I can't believe that I started this thread and I forgot to mention Raxel and Candy/Honey from Fighting Vipers/Fighters Megamix! :o I've spent ages smashing people through walls with Raxel's guitar and just playing generally with Candy. :shock:

Juggernaut Headcrush

Post by Juggernaut Headcrush » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:15 pm

As my sig will testify, I like a good game of "Marshall Law Wins" :twisted: .

Also, Chun Li gets my vote for Street Fighter. I picked her back in the day for the simple reason that she could complete the bonus rounds easily.

Tepid Snake

Post by Tepid Snake » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:14 am

This is going to be difficult to keep succinct, but here we go:

Street Fighter - Used to be Blanka when I was a kid, but it's been Ryu ever since- he's the classic. My brother always plays as Ken, oddly enough. In Third Strike, though, I also play as Q (he just exudes this aura of bad-ass) and Dudley ("You have no dignity!")
Darkstalkers - Morrigan (the Ryu of the game, kind-of) and B.B. Hood (hilarious character design and special moves!)
Marvel Vs. Capcom - My team is picked from Morrigan (see above), Ryu (see above), Spider-Man (my favourite Marvel character) or Strider Hiryu (the second best Capcom character, behind Mike Haggar of course).
The King of Fighters - Ralf and Clark (no real reason- they're just the Ikari Warriors), Terry Bogard (c'mon, everyone loves Terry) and sometimes Athena (although not against human opponnets- her voice irritates them too much). In later games, I also like playing as Seth (very tricky to play because he needs to be up-close and personal)
Fighting Vipers - Lots of people like Tokio, according to this topic! Not me- it's Sanman (slow, strong, got some vicious throws, and he's amusing), Honey/Candy (there is nothing more humiliating for your opponent than getting beaten to a mangled mess by a schoolgirl wearing a gaudy red outfit with wings) and Kumachan (he strikes fear into the hearts of men).
Mortal Kombat - Scorpion, since the beginning. "GET OVER HERE!" and so on.
Tekken - Jun in Tekken 2 (a deadly force in the right hands) and Yoshimitsu in all the others (I'm not great as him, but he's just fun to play as.) Sometimes Roger/Roger Jr. too.
Guilty Gear - Bridget (killer yo-yos are awesome)
Smash Bros. - This is a fighting game, right? Ness, Captain Falcon and Mr. Game & Watch, to the point where I've been banned as playing as them when with friends. And when I feel like showing off, Jigglypuff.
Updated 11/05/11 - P.O.W. - Prisoners of War
Image RetroCollect - PAL Rarity Guides, News, Reviews & Community

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:04 am

Tekken - Lei
Soul Calibur - Taki
Street Fighter - Chun Li
Dissidia - Cloud

SpiffierRabbit

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:46 pm

Tepid Snake wrote: Tekken - Jun in Tekken 2 (a deadly force in the right hands)
Now dude, you speak the truth about that. If anybody knows about her 'unlimited combo' then you can take anybody on with her. Also she has counter moves, lovely air juggles. She is great!

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:54 pm

RetroKingSimon wrote:I can't believe that I started this thread and I forgot to mention Raxel and Candy/Honey from Fighting Vipers/Fighters Megamix! :o I've spent ages smashing people through walls with Raxel's guitar and just playing generally with Candy. :shock:
Not forgetting the butt smack move. Or that win pose in the DC sequel where she turns around and you can see all of her undies/suspenders etc. Christ, I wish I didn't remember this kind of stuff! :oops: :roll:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:02 pm

SpiffierRabbit wrote:
Now dude, you speak the truth about that. If anybody knows about her 'unlimited combo' then you can take anybody on with her. Also she has counter moves, lovely air juggles. She is great!
And then you block it and the people doing the combo has no idea how to respond but do the combo again and then you block it and punish some more. :lol:

Anyway, favourite == who you use, right?

Guilty Gear: Sol Badguy
Third Strike: Ken, Chun Li, Dudley
Melty Blood: Kohaku
Soulcalibur: Nightmare (I & II only)
Tekken: Kazuya, Eddy/Christie, Leo, Jin
Logged out 15/07/2014.

RetroKingSimon

Post by RetroKingSimon » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:11 pm

Megamixer wrote:
RetroKingSimon wrote:I can't believe that I started this thread and I forgot to mention Raxel and Candy/Honey from Fighting Vipers/Fighters Megamix! :o I've spent ages smashing people through walls with Raxel's guitar and just playing generally with Candy. :shock:
Not forgetting the butt smack move. Or that win pose in the DC sequel where she turns around and you can see all of her undies/suspenders etc. Christ, I wish I didn't remember this kind of stuff! :oops: :roll:
Haha, yeah, I was always doing that move! :P I want FV2 for the DC but it costs a lot now, doesn't it?

SpiffierRabbit

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:12 pm

speedlolita wrote:Anyway, favourite == who you use, right?

Tekken: Kazuya,
I'm glad we finally agree on something and that something is the might Kazuya in Tekken.

Tepid Snake

Post by Tepid Snake » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:14 pm

SpiffierRabbit wrote:
I had no idea she had an unlimited combo- I use her mostly for the counter moves (since my brother plays as Paul, we often get into back-and-forth counter matches) and the juggling. I need to look into that!
Megamixer wrote: Not forgetting the butt smack move.
The funniest thing about that butt-smack move is that Sanman has it as well. To this day, I have no idea why.
Megamixer wrote:Or that win pose in the DC sequel where she turns around and you can see all of her undies/suspenders etc. Christ, I wish I didn't remember this kind of stuff! :oops: :roll:
The 'remove her skirt' trick in the Saturn version is almost certainly worse...
... I wish I didn't remember this kind of stuff either. :oops:
Updated 11/05/11 - P.O.W. - Prisoners of War
Image RetroCollect - PAL Rarity Guides, News, Reviews & Community

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:15 pm

RetroKingSimon wrote:Haha, yeah, I was always doing that move! :P I want FV2 for the DC but it costs a lot now, doesn't it?
It cost me about £20 I think on a BIN. Massive disappointment for FV[/i[] fans. Candy makes it bearable I suppose but the whole game is a missed oppurtunity if ever there was one.