Dreamcast - Games that were or were they?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

bensonrad

Dreamcast - Games that were or were they?

Post by bensonrad » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:37 am

I recently picked up a nice sealed copy of Virtua Fighter for the DC, inside was leaflet on games coming out later that year. Half life was mentioned (which we all know about) but it mentioned a fair few other games that I have never seen released. House of the Dead 3 was one of them, does anyone know of any games that were completed but not released, does House of the Dead 3 exist in DC format?
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

Ash

Post by Ash » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:55 am

There were loads of games in development for the Dreamcast around 2000/2001 that didn't make it and were either cancelled or ported to other consoles. Those that spring to mind are Propeller Arena and Super Monkey Ball. I'm not sure about House of the Dead 3. It wound up on the Xbox but I've never heard of it originally being a DC game.

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:17 am

HOTD 3 was never heading for DC.Prop Arena can be found if you look in the right places.....If you don't know, don't ask. Although I haven't got it myself so I'm not sure if it's complete or not.

On that not wasnt Prop Arena the game where you rode a cycle in the arcade to keep in the air?

Kaede

Re:

Post by Kaede » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:26 am

The Last Ginja wrote:HOTD 3 was never heading for DC.Prop Arena can be found if you look in the right places.....If you don't know, don't ask. Although I haven't got it myself so I'm not sure if it's complete or not.

On that not wasnt Prop Arena the game where you rode a cycle in the arcade to keep in the air?
Nope, Propeller Arena was (supposed to be) a multiplayer dogfighting game in aeroplanes.

Propcycle was an arcade game from Namco.

:wink:

The Last Ginja

Re:

Post by The Last Ginja » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:28 am

hand_solo wrote:
The Last Ginja wrote:HOTD 3 was never heading for DC.Prop Arena can be found if you look in the right places.....If you don't know, don't ask. Although I haven't got it myself so I'm not sure if it's complete or not.

Nope, Propeller Arena was (supposed to be) a multiplayer dogfighting game in aeroplanes.

Propcycle was an arcade game from Namco.

:wink:
I knew that, just testing you lot out! :wink:

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:26 am

House of Dead 3 is definetly listed on the flyer (its an official sega flyer, yellow fold out jobby) The propeller game is mentioned too, as is Half life. I think Sonic Adventure 3 is too! I shall double check 2nite. Other games on it were Crazy taxi 2, Shenue 2 and some others that did get released. Some of the games listed have screen shots.
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

SegaMark

Post by SegaMark » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:07 am

Sonic Adventure 3 was never announced anywhere ever, sure it wasn't 2?
Since House of the Dead 3 was created on XBOX hardware (Chihiro) in 2003, that's also a no...

The newest flyer I've got is the "New Games in 2001" flyer, which none of those are on apart from Sonic Adventure 2 which is there.

The only flyer with Half Life 2 I've got is the one that came with games like Samba De Amigo.

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:59 am

Have the flyer in front of me now, It has the Sega logo and DC logo, and the title Great New Games in 2001. Flyer is Yellow and Black.

Listed are: Daytona USA 2001, Evil Twin:Cypriens Chronicles, Half Life, Matt Hoffman Pro BMX, Soldier of Fortune, Unreal Tournament, 18 Wheeler, Sonic Adventurer 2, Confidential Mission, Crazy Taxi 2, Outrigger, Headhunter, Propeller Head, Jet set Radio 2, K-Project, Get bass Fishing 2, Virtua Tennis 2, House of the Dead 3, Space Channel 5 Part 2, Shenmue 2, Worms world party, Exhibition of Speed, The next Tetris, Project Justice, The Mummy, Por Pinball, Giant Killers, Heroes of Might & magic 3, 4x4 Evloution, Carrier, Charge n Blast, Iron Aces, Stunt Grand Prix, Dragon Riders, Evil Dead, Soul reaver 2, Woody Woodpecker Extreme racing, Conflict Zone, Spidermand, F1 Grandprix 4, Commandos 2, Tooncar, Alone in the Dark 4, Planet of the apes, Galleon, Special ops 2. The rest of the flyer has screenshot of the following games, Sonic Adventure 2, Daytona usa 2001, Virtua Tennis 2, Confidential Mission, Phantasy star online, headhunter, outrigger, 18 wheeler, Crazy taxi 2, fighting vipers 2.

Sorry my mistake before no sonic 3. But it def says House of dead 3. where any others from the list above not released

SegaMark

Post by SegaMark » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:02 am

My version only has 8 games...

Get it scanned :D

merman

Re:

Post by merman » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:26 am

SegaMark wrote:Sonic Adventure 3 was never announced anywhere ever, sure it wasn't 2?
Since House of the Dead 3 was created on XBOX hardware (Chihiro) in 2003, that's also a no...

The newest flyer I've got is the "New Games in 2001" flyer, which none of those are on apart from Sonic Adventure 2 which is there.

The only flyer with Half Life 2 I've got is the one that came with games like Samba De Amigo.
I thought HOTD3 was Naomi-based (i.e. the arcade version of Dreamcast)?
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:14 am

I have this flyer, it defo has house of the dead 3 and bass fishing 2 on it.
Wasn't the Sammy Atomiswave arcade setup based on a Dreamcast..?

SegaMark

Post by SegaMark » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:28 pm

Yeah the Atomiswave is pretty much a Dreamcast.

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=812

HOTD3 runs on Chihro, which is hardware based on an XBOX, Outrun 2 also runs on this board.

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=729

merman

Post by merman » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:48 pm

I stand corrected.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

Szczepaniak

Post by Szczepaniak » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:55 pm

Prior to the system's launch, I'm certain I saw both GTA3 and Halo listed as being in the works for the DC, in some magazine somewhere... :?:

Otherwise, there are several games that were in development, were never released, and are now in the hands of private collectors.

"Take The Bullet" is one such game.

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:23 am

Would the DC in theory been able to run a good copy of Outrun 2, (not that this ever was released or every planned!)