Next Gen console names

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
emalder
Posts: 298
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:51 pm
Location: Warrington

Next Gen console names

Post by emalder » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:35 pm

Just been thinking about names for next gen consoles, here's my ideas.

Playstation 4 (to continue the theme)
XBOX 720
Nintendo Poo
SEGA Phoenix (maybe, just maybe)

User avatar
RetroKingSimon
Posts: 3680
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:21 pm
Location: Ohtori Academy

Post by RetroKingSimon » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:37 pm

:shock:

User avatar
C=Style
Posts: 9053
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 4:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Next Gen console names

Post by C=Style » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:43 pm

emalder wrote: SEGA Phoenix (maybe, just maybe)
I like the sound of that! :wink: A LOT

I do hope Sony don't name their next console Playstation 4. But hey they do like to play it safe, I dear say we will still be expected to play with the Dual Shock in 2012 too.
Image

User avatar
RetroKingSimon
Posts: 3680
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:21 pm
Location: Ohtori Academy

Re: Next Gen console names

Post by RetroKingSimon » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:46 pm

C=Style wrote:
emalder wrote: SEGA Phoenix (maybe, just maybe)
I like the sound of that! :wink: A LOT

I do hope Sony don't name their next console Playstation 4. But hey they do like to play it safe, I dear say we will still be expected to play with the Dual Shock in 2012 too.
In the year 4030, mankind will have evolved into non-corporeal beings of pure energy and all computing will be done with a mere thought, but Sony will still be making us use the Dual Shock with the Playstation 406 :shock:

User avatar
video-gamer-girl
Posts: 1292
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:07 am
Location: Clankers Cavern/Near Heathrow air port

Post by video-gamer-girl » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:49 pm

PSP 2 ps3 style grapics
Image

Image

User avatar
emalder
Posts: 298
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:51 pm
Location: Warrington

Post by emalder » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:52 pm

video-gamer-girl wrote:PSP 2 ps3 style grapics
Yeah, PSP2 lol howabout a Nintendo TRI-S

User avatar
SirClive
Posts: 20261
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:25 pm
Location: Planet Sinclair
Contact:

Re: Next Gen console names

Post by SirClive » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:55 pm

C=Style wrote:I dear say we will still be expected to play with the Dual Shock in 2012 too.
But it was user demand that brought the Dual Shock back. Don't you remember the banana controllers that they initially worked on?
Image

User avatar
video-gamer-girl
Posts: 1292
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:07 am
Location: Clankers Cavern/Near Heathrow air port

Post by video-gamer-girl » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:58 pm

yeah i rember those banana controllers people were moaning about the idea of them be for the Ps3 come out
Image

Image

User avatar
will2097
Posts: 3909
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:24 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire
Contact:

Post by will2097 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:07 pm

The next Xbox should be called the "Bakabox". (One for Japanese langauge fans ;) )

The Wii? Well after a #1, you've got to do a #2. So, I reckon, The Nintendo Poo. I mean, they started it.

Sony? They can be honest and can call it the BillionDollarStation as no doubt... ;)

James Bond
Posts: 637
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:39 am

Post by James Bond » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:21 pm

I would give my left testicle for Sega to release another console, I'd trade every game I own to get my hands on it.
My HD DVD/Blu Ray Collection:

http://romeos.dvdaf.com/owned

User avatar
SirClive
Posts: 20261
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:25 pm
Location: Planet Sinclair
Contact:

Post by SirClive » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:25 pm

Just put a SEGA logo on the GX4000 and pretend.
Image
Last edited by SirClive on Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
C=Style
Posts: 9053
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 4:07 pm
Contact:

Post by C=Style » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:27 pm

James Bond wrote:I would give my left testicle for Sega to release another console, I'd trade every game I own to get my hands on it.
Have to agree, well maybe I wouldn't quite go that far :P, but the console world just hasn't been the same since Sega left.
SirClive wrote:
C=Style wrote:I dear say we will still be expected to play with the Dual Shock in 2012 too.
But it was user demand that brought the Dual Shock back. Don't you remember the banana controllers that they initially worked on?
It wasn't really user demand so much as the disgust for the prototype controller that Sony unveiled. So instead of going back to the drawing board and designing a nice new pad for us they decided to be boring and play it safe, whilst half heartedly throwing in a crappy tilt function which is borderline useless.
Image

User avatar
RetroKingSimon
Posts: 3680
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:21 pm
Location: Ohtori Academy

Post by RetroKingSimon » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:32 pm

C=Style wrote:
James Bond wrote:I would give my left testicle for Sega to release another console, I'd trade every game I own to get my hands on it.
Have to agree, well maybe I wouldn't quite go that far :P, but the console world just hasn't been the same since Sega left.
I would love to see a next-gen PC Engine too Image

User avatar
Opa-Opa
Posts: 4304
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:35 pm
Location: Kent UK
Contact:

Post by Opa-Opa » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:36 am

C=Style wrote: It wasn't really user demand so much as the disgust for the prototype controller that Sony unveiled. So instead of going back to the drawing board and designing a nice new pad for us they decided to be boring and play it safe, whilst half heartedly throwing in a crappy tilt function which is borderline useless.
While I agree the tilt function is a waste of time, the Playstation pad is easy the best pad in the world.

Every button is easy to reach, I haven't had to learn my way round a new pad for years (which makes QTE's easy to get to grips with), its very easy to hold for 3/4 hours at a time without cramp, it's very tough and hardly ever goes wrong (Playstation 1 + 2 anyway, too early to tell about the wireless PS3 pad but so far so good), the analogue sticks fit under your thumbs fine and don't go lose with dead spots like the N64 one did after a week...

I really can't see how people don't like such a great pad, I hope the PS4 (or what ever its called) has the same style pad. If it's not broke, don't fix it :)

User avatar
SirClive
Posts: 20261
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:25 pm
Location: Planet Sinclair
Contact:

Post by SirClive » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:50 am

Opa-Opa wrote:If it's not broke, don't fix it :)
Completely agree, but I would also say 'if it aint broke don't leave an important feature out of it so you can screw us for more cash later down the line'
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests