Last game completed?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:21 am

Spooky wrote:I've finished the Mission mode on Small Arms. It's a surprisingly good little XBLA game, which is very much like Smash Brawl. I don't know how much it costs, probably 800 points, but I think it's worth it. And if it's 400 points, then you should definitely get it!
Didn't they halve the price of it recently? I downloaded it a couple of months back and I think that was one of the reasons why.
Splink!

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:48 am

I just did Golden Axe on 1 credit the other day for the Xbox 360 achievement :)

Old Skool Gamer

Post by Old Skool Gamer » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:18 pm

Ive just completed sonic the hedgehog 2 on the mega drive :D
My Consoles

Playstation 1
Xbox 360
Psp PHAT with 3.71 m33 cfw

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:44 am

Completed Omega 5 last night, the last level is insane

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:49 am

Got all 1000 achievement points on Assassins Creed last night. Getting all the flags was so so, but assassinating all the Templars was quite fun. Nothing better than locating one and devising the best way to stealthly take him out.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Spooky

Post by Spooky » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:54 am

ShadowMan wrote:Got all 1000 achievement points on Assassins Creed last night. Getting all the flags was so so, but assassinating all the Templars was quite fun. Nothing better than locating one and devising the best way to stealthly take him out.
I only have one bloody achievement missing, the one where you're supposed to talk to the girl between every mission... I'm afraid I'll have to start the game all over to get this one...
Getting the flags was a real pain in the a***, but thankfully, there's a very good map on the Net that gives you the location of each flag, with a picture.
But the good thing is, there are no impossible achievements in this game, unlike Halo 3 or Guitar Hero 3...
Translator for Pix'n Love Publishing:
The History of Sonic (Spring 2012)
Gunpei Yokoi biography (Q2 2012)
The History of Mario (Q2 2012)

http://www.pixnlovepublishing.com

Randall Flagg

Post by Randall Flagg » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:59 am

I spent half an hour doin Sabre Wulf again las nite.....jus because i can he he.

Think I've only ever actually completed atic atac once though, and gave that way way more play time than sabre wulf.....
Retrotechy.
Zapp Brannigan Quote - You remind me of a younger me Fry, Not much younger mind, Perhaps even a little older... Image

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:05 am

ShadowMan wrote:Got all 1000 achievement points on Assassins Creed last night. Getting all the flags was so so, but assassinating all the Templars was quite fun. Nothing better than locating one and devising the best way to stealthly take him out.
Frankly I'm stunned!!

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:07 am

gmintyfresh wrote:
Frankly I'm stunned!!
Well, there is an excellent interative Assassins Creed site on the Internet which details where all of the hidden Templars/flags are. Also have a screenshot and description for each collectable as well. I'd never have done it without it!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:13 am

ShadowMan wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote:
Frankly I'm stunned!!
Well, there is an excellent interative Assassins Creed site on the Internet which details where all of the hidden Templars/flags are. Also have a screenshot and description for each collectable as well. I'd never have done it without it!
I'm amazed by your patience, I loved doing the missions but finding all those flags was a step further than I was prepared to go!! How are you doing anyway? Any irons in the fire?

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:39 am

gmintyfresh wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote: Frankly I'm stunned!!
I'm amazed by your patience, I loved doing the missions but finding all those flags was a step further than I was prepared to go!! How are you doing anyway? Any irons in the fire?
Couple of the flag runs were quite annoying. The ones where guards swarmed the cities and rooftops were troublesome at times and turned into mass brawls on more than 1 occaision! It was the Templar Knights on the Kingdom area that actually caused me the most problems. I had 32 out of the 33 on the map and could not find the last one at all. I spent another 2 or so hours rechecking every last one to find my missing man. Of course streaming music from my PC helped keep the pace going nicely as well! I'm also a completist and I always try to complete as much as I can in a game.

Things are well though, I'm clearing my backlog must play games for the month to pave way for GTAIV at the end of April, also keeping my spending down for once. How about you?

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:57 am

ShadowMan wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote:
ShadowMan wrote: Well, there is an excellent interative Assassins Creed site on the Internet which details where all of the hidden Templars/flags are. Also have a screenshot and description for each collectable as well. I'd never have done it without it!
Couple of the flag runs were quite annoying. The ones where guards swarmed the cities and rooftops were troublesome at times and turned into mass brawls on more than 1 occaision! It was the Templar Knights on the Kingdom area that actually caused me the most problems. I had 32 out of the 33 on the map and could not find the last one at all. I spent another 2 or so hours rechecking every last one to find my missing man. Of course streaming music from my PC helped keep the pace going nicely as well! I'm also a completist and I always try to complete as much as I can in a game.

Things are well though, I'm clearing my backlog must play games for the month to pave way for GTAIV at the end of April, also keeping my spending down for once. How about you?
Same here just really been getting odd cheap games:

Air Combat,
Ace Combat 2 + 3,
Soul Calibur 2 PS2 and Xbox versions. Soul Calibur 3

Splashed out on a 360 Hori Virtua Fighter stick in preparion for 360 Ikaruga but trying to finish some more games, no more heroes is top of my list

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:01 am

Whats the 360 stick like? I'm gonna need a good 6 button one once SF4 and SSF2THD come out, its between that and the DOA4 hori stick (which I'd wager is the same basic stick at heart)

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:47 am

ShadowMan wrote:Whats the 360 stick like? I'm gonna need a good 6 button one once SF4 and SSF2THD come out, its between that and the DOA4 hori stick (which I'd wager is the same basic stick at heart)
Well my mate has got two for VF5 sessions, it's a good sturdy stick (there really is no flimsyness in it at all with good quilty components) with the old Hado Ken and I think at it's core it'll be the same as the DOA4 stick so it's probably down to expense really. The stick is VF5 themed and even come with some stickers!!

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:48 pm

gmintyfresh wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:Whats the 360 stick like? I'm gonna need a good 6 button one once SF4 and SSF2THD come out, its between that and the DOA4 hori stick (which I'd wager is the same basic stick at heart)
Well my mate has got two for VF5 sessions, it's a good sturdy stick (there really is no flimsyness in it at all with good quilty components) with the old Hado Ken and I think at it's core it'll be the same as the DOA4 stick so it's probably down to expense really. The stick is VF5 themed and even come with some stickers!!
Thanks for the info, Once the SF games are released I'll pick one up. No way am I using a pad again (I still haven't gotten over SF2HF using a pad, not the way to go!)

I finally got round to playing Super Turrican today and completed it twice. Once on Normal and then on Hard. Overall an excellent addition to the Turrican family but 3 things stuck out that disappointed me somewhat.
1. Too short - Most Turrican games take me 2+ hours to get through the first time with enormous maze like levels, these are much smaller and more linear than before. It only took me 45 minutes to clear the game.
2. Pixel perfect jumps - most noticable on the wonderful Doom Train level (as seen in Turrican 3 and Mega Turrican), there are a couple of insanely annoying jumps that came close to spoiling the fun of the game for me.
3. Overall, Its to easy! - Except for the jump(s) mentioned above the game is just to easy. I only really lost lives doing the Doom Train stage, hell the final boss only hit me once!