Last game completed?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Spooky

Last game completed?

Post by Spooky » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:14 am

Very much like the "last game played?" thread: what is the last game you've completed? How much time did you spend on it? Was it worth it?...

Since I started it, I might as well go first...

The last game I finished was Bioshock. I got both endings (the good one and the "evil" one) and all the achievements, and it was a great experience from start to finish. I think it's one of the "Great Games" (with capital letters!), along with RE4, FFVII, etc...
Translator for Pix'n Love Publishing:
The History of Sonic (Spring 2012)
Gunpei Yokoi biography (Q2 2012)
The History of Mario (Q2 2012)

http://www.pixnlovepublishing.com

Vir_Lucis

Post by Vir_Lucis » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:17 am

Mass Effect...and Bioshock as well.

i have a serious problem with finishing games these days - i tend to get about two-thirds of the way through and then lose my attention.
Future Conscience: What do we want to be? - A futurist blog exploring technology, society and ethics @FutureCon

Spooky

Post by Spooky » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:22 am

Vir_Lucis wrote:Mass Effect...and Bioshock as well.

i have a serious problem with finishing games these days - i tend to get about two-thirds of the way through and then lose my attention.
Do you think it's only your "fault", or is it that the game is not captivating enough?

I experienced the same thing with games I found only good, not great...
Translator for Pix'n Love Publishing:
The History of Sonic (Spring 2012)
Gunpei Yokoi biography (Q2 2012)
The History of Mario (Q2 2012)

http://www.pixnlovepublishing.com

thl

Post by thl » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:26 am

Last game I completed was Halo 3. It took me approximately two months to reach the end of the game.

Loftgroover

Post by Loftgroover » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:28 am

I found with Bioshock I had no motivation to go back thru the game again. although I did really enjoy the first run through. maybe the fact i did it all in one long go 1 lazy sunday made my brain scared of playing it again! :D

Last game I beat was Army of 2...been thru it on recruit and contractor difficulty. Now for professional.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:34 am

Last game I completed was Mega Man 4 for the Gameboy. Very good game, but had a couple of evil spike kills you never see coming the first time round. The final boss was also dissapointing since it has 3 phases and if you die you start back at the current phase rather than have to do the whole fight again (I like my final bosses hard as nails!)
The game was dead worth it though, one of the best portable Mega Man games ever released and I'll probably play it another 20 times before starting to get bored of it!

I also blasted all the way through Easy mode on Guitar Hero yesterday. It was... well easy. I 5* each song first time, and most of the time 100% the song as well (apart from the one Queens of the Stone Age track which took 3!). I'll go back and do Normal and Hard modes next which is where the main challenge is.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:45 am

Devil May Cry 4 - 360

Yes it was worth it, a stunning looking and playing game. I really enjoyed the skill system and the way the combos you aquired for your character flowed from one move to another. At 20 levels about halfway through my interest waned a little but the second half of the game is faster paced and my interest was grabbed again.

A wonderful experience, I think the 360 is the console I've completed most games on. Gears of War, COD 4, Halo 3, Project Dark, Quake 4, DMC4, and Bioshock have all been bought since November and completed.

thl

Post by thl » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:52 am

gmintyfresh wrote:A wonderful experience, I think the 360 is the console I've completed most games on. Gears of War, COD 4, Halo 3, Project Dark, Quake 4, DMC4, and Bioshock have all been bought since November and completed.
A bit like you, I completed GRAW, GRAW2, F.E.A.R, Gears of War, Rainbow Six: Vegas and recently Halo 3.
Last edited by thl on Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

GarryG

Post by GarryG » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:56 am

Define 'completed'?

I've recently played through Age of empires I and II several times, single and multi-player.
So is that 'completed'?

If not I think it was probably the latest 'Leisure Suite Larry' game on the PS2, 'Magnum cum Lorry', or whatever...
Last edited by GarryG on Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why not visit my ramblings at Garry's Gaming Blog

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:57 am

Can't remember the last game I completed.

The next one should be Mario Galaxy, but playing co-op with my girlfriend and she's a bit tied up with dissertation at the moment so haven't touched it for a few weeks.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

wienerman

Post by wienerman » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:58 am

The whole Orange Box

C=Style

Re: Last game completed?

Post by C=Style » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:03 am

Spooky wrote:Very much like the "last game played?" thread: what is the last game you've completed? How much time did you spend on it? Was it worth it?...

The last game I finished was Bioshock. I got both endings (the good one and the "evil" one) and all the achievements, and it was a great experience from start to finish. I think it's one of the "Great Games" (with capital letters!), along with RE4, FFVII, etc...
Aye, it's a superb game. Did you play through it twice to get both endings?
I was thinking about playing through again as I harvested every single little sister in the game mwahahaha. Is the good ending worth it?

As for the last game I completed, that would be Mass Effect I think, another great game! Nearly done with Crackdown too, just a couple of bosses to go.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:09 am

C=Style wrote:
Spooky wrote:Very much like the "last game played?" thread: what is the last game you've completed? How much time did you spend on it? Was it worth it?...

I was thinking about playing through again as I harvested every single little sister in the game mwahahaha. Is the good ending worth it?

As for the last game I completed, that would be Mass Effect I think, another great game! Nearly done with Crackdown too, just a couple of bosses to go.
The good ending is great one of the best endings to a game I've seen for a long time, none of this hinting at a sequel rubbish a game with resolution

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:12 am

Recently I've completed Crackdown and Earth Defence Force 2017 on the 360, I've gone though EDF 3 times though.
Splink!

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:13 am

gmintyfresh wrote:
C=Style wrote:

The good ending is great one of the best endings to a game I've seen for a long time, none of this hinting at a sequel rubbish a game with resolution
Which is rather ironic considering there is apparantly a sequel in the works (I must play though it sometime).
How I wish Shenmue didn't finish the way it did, if ever a game needed a sequel its that.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*