Retro Gaming Behind Bars

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Opa-Opa

Re:

Post by Opa-Opa » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:35 am

planetmatt wrote: They also have a $500 fine for not flushing public toilets and chewing gum is a controlled substance.
Sounds sensible to me.... Not flushing any toilet after using it is discusting and chewing gum should be banned.! Again the goverment spend millions of pounds a year just trying to clean that filthy stuff off our town center floors rather than supporting the NHS which is now so much in debt it is laying off staff..?

Kaede

Re:

Post by Kaede » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:04 am

revgiblet wrote:
Opa-Opa wrote:
revgiblet wrote: :shock:

Please tell me this is a joke.

You know that Hitler also forced sterilisation on people he deemed shouldn't be allowed to breed, don't you?
As I said not everyone will like it...

Hitler had some good ideas (don't missunderstand me here, he also had some very very bad ones.!) he just went about implementing them in complety the wrong way. It didn't help that he was also a mass murdering dictator.
Which ones exactly? I'm curious.
OPA-OPA, come on. Please, tell us more about Hitler's 'good ideas'.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:36 am

He killed himself and the dog of a girlfriend - THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA :D

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:42 pm

Well for starters he implemented a scheme to replant trees all over germany long before most people even relised that tress where an important part of the planet, he also brought his country out of an economic depression some 10 years sooner than most of the "experts" at the time thought possible.
I am not saying he was a good person, I know he was an evil dictator that murdered people for fun and the world is better off without him, all I am saying is that he had one or two good ideas as well.....

koopa42

Re:

Post by koopa42 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:13 pm

Opa-Opa wrote:Well for starters he implemented a scheme to replant trees all over germany long before most people even relised that tress where an important part of the planet, he also brought his country out of an economic depression some 10 years sooner than most of the "experts" at the time thought possible.
I am not saying he was a good person, I know he was an evil dictator that murdered people for fun and the world is better off without him, all I am saying is that he had one or two good ideas as well.....
WheRez TeH tre$$

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:15 pm

whoops :oops: Sould haf checaked my spilling htere

revgiblet

Re:

Post by revgiblet » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:36 pm

Opa-Opa wrote:he also brought his country out of an economic depression some 10 years sooner than most of the "experts" at the time thought possible.
True. By arresting trade union leaders, increasing production in weapons factories, conscription, firing women doctors and civil servants and paying them to get married and stay at home with the kids.

Obviously Hitler gained a lot of support in Germany because of the terrible economic conditions following the loss of WW1 and the Wall Street Crash. It's correct to point out that the Nazi party did do very well in reducing unemployment and creating economic stability - but even their economic policies reflected their ideological stance.

As well as the above measures, for example, they increased the production of radios. This created jobs, but behind this was also the thinking that the more radios there were the more homes that could be reached with propaganda.

Anyway, I'm probably boring you all. All I'm saying is that even Hitler's apparent successes were motivated by Nazi ideology and therefore I would have difficulty suggesting that they were 'good ideas'. At least he was consistent I suppose.

Perhaps we should move this to a new thread. "What do you think of Hitler?" or something. This is not really 'It's all about the games' is it? :wink:
"He who lives only to benefit himself confers on the world a benefit when he dies."

Tertullian

sack

Post by sack » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 pm

if I had to play shadow of the beast for any length of time there's no way I'd reoffend....

I can see the point of using retro games instead of modern stuff though - most modern games seem to revolve around commiting a crime of some sort (giving car theves GTA - that wouldn't go down well methinks), so giving something more abstract and removed from whatever situation put them in there to keep their minds active seems like a better idea.
A9 00 8D 20 D0 8D 21 D0 60

bolda

Re:

Post by bolda » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:14 am

sack wrote:if I had to play shadow of the beast for any length of time there's no way I'd reoffend....
:D
sack wrote:I can see the point of using retro games instead of modern stuff though - most modern games seem to revolve around commiting a crime of some sort (giving car theves GTA - that wouldn't go down well methinks), so giving something more abstract and removed from whatever situation put them in there to keep their minds active seems like a better idea.
I suppose they've had things like table tennis and board games in prisons for years so it's just an extension of that. My brother works in Walton jail in Liverpool - mondays and wednesdays he's in the laundry, tuesdays and fridays he's in the Cheap MDF rubbish! :wink: Only kidding, he actually teaches english to the inmates. Anyway, he said that for the final 30 minutes of a 3-hour lesson, if the inmates have been well behaved, he let's them play scrabble to finish off the lesson. He reckons they are absolutely made up when they are allowed to get the scrabble boards out - and these are hardened crims doing long sentences for serious crimes! I guess it all boils down to a simple reward system... behave well and sort yourself out and you will reap the rewards, behave badly and show no signs of reform and you will continue to be punished.
GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!
ImageImageImage

Crunchy

Re:

Post by Crunchy » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:46 am

Opa-Opa wrote: 2: Everyone is sterilized at birth and must take an intelligence test once they reach 18 if they wish to breed. Only if they pass the test is the process reversed.

In two generations we would have a country of highly skilled, intelligent and disciplined civilians instead of lazy, thefting scumbags.
This is possibly the most ignorant post I've ever seen on any forum anywhere. Proper laugh out loud funny. :D

People, if you pick up your scientific knowledge from the pages of The Sun this is the sort of post you end up with.

Totally ROFL. :lol:

Opa-Opa

Re:

Post by Opa-Opa » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:37 am

Crunchy wrote:
Opa-Opa wrote: 2: Everyone is sterilized at birth and must take an intelligence test once they reach 18 if they wish to breed. Only if they pass the test is the process reversed.

In two generations we would have a country of highly skilled, intelligent and disciplined civilians instead of lazy, thefting scumbags.
This is possibly the most ignorant post I've ever seen on any forum anywhere. Proper laugh out loud funny. :D

People, if you pick up your scientific knowledge from the pages of The Sun this is the sort of post you end up with.

Totally ROFL. :lol:
So how do you suggest we deal with a society where teenagers film themselfs "happyslapping" homeless people to death on a mobile phone for fun or retarded parents lock their 2 year old child in a bedroom with a box of matches because they want an evening alone.?
Maybe if it were someone you knew who was kicked to death outside a shop by a gang of youths because they refused to give a light to someone you would have different views. Remember these people are the future of our country.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:46 am

Maybe we should start a poll.......

Who thinks Hitler had some really good ideas?

and

Who thinks Hitler was fetid paula yeats corpsie scum arse wipe?

Come on guys n girls - ANYONE that can even THINK Hitler had ANY good ideas needs a good Kick up the backside - into the REAL world!
In the real world, people know what happened under Hitlers iron fist and how many men women and children were murdered.

Opa-Opa - if you are even remotely sticking up for Hitler in any way, shape or form - you are a very SICK puppy :evil:

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:48 am

Right, can we edit the nameof this thread to..........

Gaming behind Bra's - its only a slight adjustment and the conversation would be so much more appealing :D

stigodump

Re:

Post by stigodump » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:21 pm

markopoloman wrote:Right, can we edit the nameof this thread to..........

Gaming behind Bra's - its only a slight adjustment and the conversation would be so much more appealing :D
You play games in a bra?

I'm not sure I like where this thread is going. :? :lol:

Antiriad2097

Re:

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:25 pm

bolda wrote:I suppose they've had things like table tennis and board games in prisons for years so it's just an extension of that.
See, its been going downhill for years. Remove the table tennis and board games. Return us to proper Victorian style prisons. They may have been 'overcrowded' then too, but that's just a definition we made up later. Your 'overcrowding' is my ideal environment for criminal scumbags, thats the way its meant to be.

Anyone for televised execution? Good pay per view stuff that. Its the future I tell you. We might as well make some money back off them to pay decent compensation to the victims and we'd not get reoffenders.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.