Games that aren't too hard to complete!

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Randall Flagg

Post by Randall Flagg » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:44 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:I never get why theres a room at the top of the great river thats always "Too full to enter" tho. I mean why bother puttin it there??
Because it adds an extra location without actually having to program it, saving time, effort and memory.

What I always thought to be odd is that you can complete it without meeting Gollum or collecting the One Ring. You can get through the whole game in just a few moves if you just walk past that whole section without entering the caves.
Yeah, an even if you do get the ring, the dragon still sees you an fries you anyway...avoid goblins caves!! :lol:
Retrotechy.
Zapp Brannigan Quote - You remind me of a younger me Fry, Not much younger mind, Perhaps even a little older... Image

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:01 pm

Batman on Amiga is completable with a little patience.

sscott

Post by sscott » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:41 pm

Completed Wave Race again tonight on hard level. Tough but far from impossible.
Oh and this is my 1000th post - hurrah!:)

8bitgamer

Post by 8bitgamer » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:49 am

Pac-Mania is easy to beat.

Technomancer

Post by Technomancer » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:08 am

I found Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse very easy to beat, even on hard.

1500graham

Post by 1500graham » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:54 am

One of the first games i can remember completing was Master Of Magic on the 64. Was well pleased with my little self!
"Conan, what is best in life?"

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women."

EvilArmourKing

Post by EvilArmourKing » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:02 am

sleeper77 wrote:I'll go by the ones which can be completed in just under an hour or much less than that.

Outrun 2006 - PC, Arcade. Never played the PS2 or Xbox versions but most likely they are just as easy to complete.

Pacmania - Amiga

Soul Calibur- Dreamcast.

Final Blow - Amiga.

These can be completed over 2-3 days, although can also be done in a day depending how much time you put in that day & length of the game.

Sueprfrog - Amiga.

Power Stone - Dreamcast.

Shenmue - Dreamcast.

Tetris - Gameboy. A couple of hours or so on the hardest level and you've completed the game. Well for me anyway.
I can clock Soul Calibur in about 10 mins on a bad day.

If it takes you 2-3 days, I'm assuming you have set the number of rounds to about 200 each :wink:
"This rod will be your doom" - Kilik

EvilArmourKing

Post by EvilArmourKing » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:12 am

ShadowMan wrote:
do_sucol wrote:I remember a time at my local arcade ,being shown how easy tekken 3 was to whizz through, just by using one move with paul pheonix, his dashing palm punch thing,half circle forward and right punch.

Maybe it's still the same with todays' tekken 25 :)
I remember seeing a few guys playing Tekken 3 which also consisted of doing only a few moves to win. This time though it was eddy's upside down spinning kicks move. Same thing every match. To be fair though anyone adept with Tekken would be able to block/counter/juggle fools like that all day.
Last I remember about Tekken 5 DR (the latest one) was that juggling opponents in the air is the way to go, once they are up there its nothing but pain until they hit the ground!
Yeah, that's why you very rarely see him (Eddy Gordo) used in competition play, as he's too easy to read and counter against.

Oh, and in reference to the last comment. There be even more pain when they hit they ground!
"This rod will be your doom" - Kilik

Commander Jameson

Post by Commander Jameson » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:17 am

I'm currently working thru Lego Star Wars on the Wii - the Complete Sage. Not too challenging (OK, it's not a retro game. Butr Star Wars is kinda Retro. And Lego is). Good fun too.

Wonderboy 3 - Dragons' Trap is good fun, wuite lengthy, but not too tasking, and you've got saves via passwords.

Neverending Story 128 - Speccy. Another game thats just like working your way through a book (spooky - it IS, in so many ways!)

thl

Post by thl » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:03 pm

Technomancer wrote:I found Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse very easy to beat, even on hard.
I seem to remember completing Flashback on expert mode so many times, having to played it on the Acorn. Became incredibly easy after that.

sscott

Post by sscott » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:57 pm

Mario games (N64) (Wii)- 70 stars, 120 stars means you posess inhuman skills I will never master.

Cornelius

Post by Cornelius » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:19 pm

Buster Busts Loose is easy enough and there are some nice themed levels to play through. Also, most Kirby games are easy enough also and I would suggest Kirby's Fun Pak because not only is it easy but the abilities you acquire through copying are some of the most powerful in the series, making the plowing through of the levels feel really good.

Havantgottaclue

Post by Havantgottaclue » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:03 pm

Despite being tough to start out with, Wizball on the C64 was fairly easy to complete once you had the anti-grav upgrades. Level 7 was quite tough, with bullets a-plenty and not much ground to hide under, but usually by that time you'd racked up a few lives.

Always found it endlessly replayable, though.