The Last Arcade Game You Played........

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:29 am

there is an arcade on rhyl sea front that still has a ton of retro jamma cabs...i recently played paperboy
they are being forced to sell up as the councill feel that a debinams would be much better on the site! :cry:
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:36 am

Mario Kart
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

wienerman

Post by wienerman » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:34 am

Out Run 2 SP Special Deluxe

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:59 am

wienerman wrote:Out Run 2 SP Special Deluxe
SP is SO much better than the standard O/Run 2 , don't you think? All the rough edges have been nicely smoothed over
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

sleeper77

Post by sleeper77 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:37 am

Either King Of Fighters on the NeoGeo multigame cabinet or most likely Sega Rally in the Southampton retro arcade shortly before it closed down.

wienerman

Post by wienerman » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:24 pm

paranoid marvin wrote:
SP is SO much better than the standard O/Run 2 , don't you think? All the rough edges have been nicely smoothed over
ive never played the standard one so i dont have a means for comparison, though i thought it was pretty good especially the HeartAttack mode, and im glad it had the classic Passing Breeze tune too.

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:25 pm

wienerman wrote:
paranoid marvin wrote:
ive never played the standard one so i dont have a means for comparison, though i thought it was pretty good especially the HeartAttack mode, and im glad it had the classic Passing Breeze tune too.
Oh , it has both those , it's just slightly tweaked to make it more playable. You'd have to play both to appreciate how muych better it makes SP
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:23 pm

I played Aliens, at the Royal Arcade in Deal. Oddly a local MP has just been on the radio this week, complaining about tye state of the local arcades, and how we can revive them in East Kent (Margate and Ramsgate have good arcades, or used to!).

The Royal in Deal, still had quite a few in there Mercs, Aliens, SFII ( 3 machines), MKII.

Vir_Lucis

Post by Vir_Lucis » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:13 pm

House of the Dead 4 in Japan...awesome.
Future Conscience: What do we want to be? - A futurist blog exploring technology, society and ethics @FutureCon

DJevAL

Post by DJevAL » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:14 pm

Would have been Ghost Squad at a M1 service station, was a good fun blaster - definitely had a few goes and made me late for a gig I was going to ;)

Time before that was Star Wars Trilogy at East Midlands Airport a couple of years ago, even though it gets slated by SW nerds I think its a lot of fun.

Does anyone know if the Namco arcade in Nottingham at the town square (next door to Q Lounge) is still open?

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:34 pm

Why can't they bring back a 25th anniversary (or whatever) original cockpit Star Wars cab - I'm sure it would do well , esp with the older players
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

killbot

Post by killbot » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:57 pm

Despite two recent trips to Skegness, I haven't gotten round to playing any arcade games there. So the most recent was Star Wars at the Broadway cinema during the Game City festival in Nottingham. Not only an all time classic but it was on freeplay too!

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

Overheat

Post by Overheat » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:37 pm

I played Time Crisis 2 when I went bowling - man I sucked at that! lol
Overheat's Top 10 Auctions *updated weekly (or thereabouts)* | CLICK HERE