Does anyone have the Magic the Gathering PC game?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:04 pm

pforson wrote:I've got many many many commons you could have. But they just ain't worth the postage.

What with running the mag and all I'm suprised you have time for MTG. It's a real time-sapper!

-Magic's got really good again recently. The Lorwyn blocks a bit of a dud but Time Spiral was very well thought out.
I actually think Lorwyn rocks.
Some really powerful cards in their and the morningtide set is amazing.
I've put together a black rouge deck that's utterly ruthless, even my Doran deck has trouble with it.

pforson

Post by pforson » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:47 am

I'm much more of a limited man myself. Don't really have the time these days for deck construction.

I had two problems with lorwyn limited, firstly, I always found myself drafting the same decks, being pushed down obvious paths due to the strength of tribal symetry. And secondly, when playing, the table always seemed to get clogged up with too many creatures, games lasting way too long.

I guess the tribal thing just doesn't do it for me. But Magic development has reached a very high standard these days and most sets offer something fun and new.

It's certainly better than Homelands draft *shudder*

If you're ever in London or happen to go to a London pre-release let me know and we can have a game.

Pete
WANTED: Amiga CD32 games. PM me. :)

RuySan

Post by RuySan » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:37 am

Homelands is one of my favorite sets (with alliances and tempest). Sure it ain't got any power cards, but the artwork and flavor texts give the cards a very special feel.