I'm selling my NiB New SNES console

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

juhohei

I'm selling my NiB New SNES console

Post by juhohei » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:34 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %26fvi%3D1

Hello, my first post in here! :)

So, I'm selling my greatest piece in my collection, new, never used SNES console.

It's pretty cheap, I know :)
Mad gamer.

The Universal

Post by The Universal » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:27 am

Do people really pay this sort of money for consoles? And if so why?

Doesnt matter how new it is, the games are going to be second hand, I really dont see the point.
Just where is Mickey T?

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:47 am

Surely even if it was sealed (and the auction states its been opened for pictures) it wouldn't be worth half the price (and thats stretching it).

Its in wonderful condition (no denying that) but unless someone would want to hord it away and never play it (which reminds me of another console in another thread :D ) I can't see people paying that sum of money for one.

That said, if it does sell I'd be both impressed and suprised!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:50 am

Consoles are rarely shrinkwrapped and it's not marketed as mint but "new in box"

However yes, it's a joke price, almost certainly a bot, in the wrong forum and we wouldn't allow it from a 1 post poster even if it wasn't.

73%
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

video-gamer-girl

Post by video-gamer-girl » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:03 pm

its not worth that much, its not the crown jewels. are you realy hoping to get that much for it? :shock:

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:04 pm

Dudley wrote:Consoles are rarely shrinkwrapped and it's not marketed as mint but "new in box"

However yes, it's a joke price, almost certainly a bot, in the wrong forum and we wouldn't allow it from a 1 post poster even if it wasn't.

73%
Ah, when I saw new in box/never used my brain always thinks "sealed" (Only because I couldn't think why someone would buy a Snes and not use it at all)

73?
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Spooky

Post by Spooky » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:05 pm

Owning a brand new SNES can be really cool, but if you had to put a price on that, I'm pretty sure it'd never reach even €150...
But if you manage to sell it, can you please let us know the name of the crazy b******* who bought it? That way, we can all try to sell him stuff for crazy prices... :lol:
Translator for Pix'n Love Publishing:
The History of Sonic (Spring 2012)
Gunpei Yokoi biography (Q2 2012)
The History of Mario (Q2 2012)

http://www.pixnlovepublishing.com

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:25 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
Dudley wrote:Consoles are rarely shrinkwrapped and it's not marketed as mint but "new in box"

73%
Ah, when I saw new in box/never used my brain always thinks "sealed" (Only because I couldn't think why someone would buy a Snes and not use it at all)

73?
From the Wikipedia page for Amiga Power...
Whatever Happened To...

Usually a two-page feature printed on black pages, which discussed something that was in one state in the past and is now in a different one. The subject would vary, but it was not always about computer games.

A notorious example was Whatever Happened To... Game Reviews?, in which AP suggested that there might be a correlation between incentives given by game publishers to game reviewers, and the score subsequently given to the company's latest game. They suggested, if this was the case, that 73% was the lowest mark a reviewer could give to a game without falling out of favour with the game's publishers, effectively making this the mark of an 'average' game in other magazines.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:32 am

If you wanna contribute to the forum for a while, get to know people and then try and sell stuff thats fine - But to try and sell your overpriced piece of crap in your first post is wrong..........

LOCK IT MODS!
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

Technomancer

Post by Technomancer » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:44 am

I already own a SNES, but it looks nice. Would be better if you threw in a few games along with it though.

And it's kinda overpriced. 900 bucks for a console, even a retro console, is way too much.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:19 am

i've got a bit of fluff to sell. its brand new, never been used, still in box.

a steal at a grand.

what am i bid?
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

Nostalgia

Post by Nostalgia » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:39 am

Pretty cheap aye... yeah right.
Last edited by Nostalgia on Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:39 am

JetSetWilly wrote:i've got a bit of fluff to sell. its brand new, never been used, still in box.

a steal at a grand.

what am i bid?
2 paperclips and an old polo I found in my coat pocket.

Seriously though, I love the "its pretty cheap I know" comment.
I assume thats sarcasm, but the guy really sounds serious!

Technomancer

Post by Technomancer » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:41 am

He sure does... he must've been joking though.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:43 am

Technomancer wrote:He sure does... he must've been joking though.
I dont know he is finnish ! ;)

What a joke though - 900 euros !!!

Why oh why dont people put it on for 1 euro with a reserve price of 900 then in this case just to see how much it might be worth.

This wont sell at all. Mad Gamer is certainly correct in this instance.

Shame some people have to be so greedy, laughable price

I'm selling a NiB Nintendo Wii, never used !!! Never touched, original carrier bag (I'll seal it so you also have the nice air of Manchester in it) for a starting price of 999 EUROS ! W@W !!!!