Bargain Bins

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

revgiblet

Re:

Post by revgiblet » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:12 am

helloall wrote:Can I just say that the superb Morrowind is on play.com for £2.99 delivered!

Its not even a re-release.

Maybe its just a way of helping market Oblivion but its a superb game for the price of a pint.
Months of gameplay for £2.99? That's a bargain.
"He who lives only to benefit himself confers on the world a benefit when he dies."

Tertullian

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:11 am

Get your backsides to Currys/Dixons or PC World if you have an Xbox....

Brothers in Arms:RTH30-47p
POP:Warrior Within-47p
Red Dead Revolver-47p
Splinter Cell:PT 47p
Splinter Cell:CT-£2.97
MOH:Rising Sun-47p
Call of Duty:FH-47p
Unreal 2:Liandri Conflict-£2.97
Pro Evo 4-47p
Amped 2-47p
Sega GT/JSRF-1p!!!!!!!!!!! Instructions but no case

Needless to say my Xbox collection has just increased significantly, and some are going on ebay for a small profit.

backdrifter

Re:

Post by backdrifter » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:46 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:
backdrifter wrote:
Mike Chicago wrote: I take it it's the PSX version, which I've never seen in the United States. Been looking for it, though. Do you know how similar it is to the Jaguar version? I used to love that game, but alas, it was the only thing to love about the Jag. I sold it off before the move to NYC.
Ah no, it was the PC version I'm afraid! Although the one odd feature is, despite it being sealed up, the instruction manual harps on about the Sega Saturn version!

I've always been tempted to pick up a Jaguar, purely to play Tempest 2000 as was originally intended.
The PC version is awful in comparison. Either play the original Jag one (buy a Jag or use Project Tempest) or acquire Tempest X for PS1. Of the two, I'd say go with the Jag if possible. Its one of only 3 Jag games I own and the sole reason I bought the beast.
Well, that's another console to add to the list of 'needs to be bought' then! It'll be third in line, just behind a Japanese Saturn, and a PC Engine.

I've just been having a clear-out of my desk, and found an old receipt from a fair few years back, consisting of around a dozen PS1 and DC games that altogethr cost around £30. Nothing wildly bargainous, but there were two copies of Bangai-O, and a Vagrant Story! And I've certainly managed to extract a hell of a lot of gameplaying time from those two.

Actually, I just remembered another! On a trip up to Middlesbrough to see my Grandma, I ventued into some rubbish little corner shop, where mysteriously tucked in with the mightily small collection of DVD's they had for sale was a copy of Warcraft III for 99p.

kiniki

Re:

Post by kiniki » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:46 am

revgiblet wrote:
helloall wrote:Can I just say that the superb Morrowind is on play.com for £2.99 delivered!

Its not even a re-release.

Maybe its just a way of helping market Oblivion but its a superb game for the price of a pint.
Months of gameplay for £2.99? That's a bargain.
That is a great deal. Shame I already own it. £2.99 for that much game is one of the best deals I have seen!

Morrowind is class.

James A

Post by James A » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:09 pm

The dixons round my area thats shutting down still charging £15 for alot of those games.

M.A.G

Post by M.A.G » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:25 pm

Iys not new but its still a cheep. Dreamcast two pads and two VMUs £5.99, from Cash Generators in Wakey.

The Last Ginja

Re:

Post by The Last Ginja » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:26 pm

James A wrote:The dixons round my area thats shutting down still charging £15 for alot of those games.
They may be marked at that price but ask them to scan them!!!!

James A

Post by James A » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:09 pm

Too late. i went back and it was all gone bar Catwoman on the xbox.

redleader28

Post by redleader28 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:04 pm

been out shopping today and found a still wrapped copy of Sonic Adventure 2 on the dreamcast in cash converters for 50p. I'm dead chuffed with that.
Nobody shoots anyone in the face unless you're a hitman or a gamer

Kaede

Re:

Post by Kaede » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:19 pm

redleader28 wrote:been out shopping today and found a still wrapped copy of Sonic Adventure 2 on the dreamcast in cash converters for 50p. I'm dead chuffed with that.
Guaranteed that's the worst 50p you've ever spent.

redleader28

Re:

Post by redleader28 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:34 pm

hand_solo wrote:
redleader28 wrote:been out shopping today and found a still wrapped copy of Sonic Adventure 2 on the dreamcast in cash converters for 50p. I'm dead chuffed with that.
Too be honest I prefered the first one but from what I've played so far it don't seem that bad.
Nobody shoots anyone in the face unless you're a hitman or a gamer

Kaede

Re:

Post by Kaede » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:40 pm

redleader28 wrote:
hand_solo wrote:
Too be honest I prefered the first one but from what I've played so far it don't seem that bad.
No, the first one was also an abomonation.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:10 pm

How long will 50p last on anything else though? DVD = around 5 minutes, 1/4 pint lager = 5 minutes...

If you get more than 5 minutes entertainment from it, you got your money's worth...
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Dudley

Re:

Post by Dudley » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:46 am

hand_solo wrote:
No, the first one was also an abomonation.
GET OUT!
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

backdrifter

Post by backdrifter » Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:00 am

Looking through these reciepts shows just how lucky I've been. Apparently Wetrix on the PC cost me a massive 98p.