AKI N64 Wrestling games Vs Smackdown v Raw Series.

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Worst ever retro wrestling game.

WWE In your House (PS1)
88%
WWE Raw (Snes/Megadrive)
13%
WWE Superstars (Technos (Arcade))
No votes

Total votes: 8

Nightbreed

AKI N64 Wrestling games Vs Smackdown v Raw Series.

Post by Nightbreed » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:07 pm

Recently got hold of an N64 with No Mercy, Wrestlemaina 2000 & WCW revenge.

Got totally addicted no No Mercy once again like I was 7 years ago. I haven't played any of the Recent Smackdown games, But considering how Awsome the AKI games were, (and still are) Could anyone tell me how close are the Smackdown games getting to that level of greatness. :D
Bring back Thingy and Rockford!!! Zzap 64 liberation front!!! :):):)

batman877

Post by batman877 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:24 am

Sorry, but I've never seen the appeal of wrestling or wrestling games! IMHO the games have always been a poor substitute for a decent beat 'em up like Street Fighter 2 or Tekken 3.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:32 am

I'm with batdude.

merman

Post by merman » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:36 am

That was a bit confusing... the poll is talking about something different from the topic. Could be a bit difficult for all those wrestlers who find it hard to walk and chew gum at the same time ;)

To me the Smackdown series are still not as fluid and fast-moving as the N64 wrestlers. I prefer Legends of Wrestling to Smackdown anyway.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:50 am

I belive that ALL wrestling games are complete rubbish and anyone that follows wrestling is a bit poofy.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:54 am

Isn't there a football thread somewhere that you guys can hang around and be all manly in. I've got both Legends Of Wrestling games for the cube, I've not played them much but thought they were both okay and I've got the new Smackdown game for the 360 on order but I've not played any of the previous Smackdown games.
Splink!

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:04 am

felgekarp wrote:Isn't there a football thread somewhere that you guys can hang around and be all manly in.
It does seem a bit weird doesn't it. If I didn't like something i'd stay away. :?
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:10 am

:D

yesman

Post by yesman » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:57 am

Speaking of WWE Smackdown, the last few releases from that series have been terrible. It's continues to get WORSE and WORSE (SVR07 and SVR08 being particularly retrograde). Ah well, that's what you get from a lack of competition coupled with an uncriticial audience of young naive pro-wrestling fans.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:19 am

Elgin_McQueen wrote:
felgekarp wrote:Isn't there a football thread somewhere that you guys can hang around and be all manly in.
It does seem a bit weird doesn't it. If I didn't like something i'd stay away. :?
Batmans comment was fair enough and I just agreed with him. Have never played a good one (since rock n wrestle). Doesn't mean there can't be a good one.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:47 am

Opa-Opa wrote:I belive that ALL wrestling games are complete rubbish and anyone that follows wrestling is a bit poofy.
Even the ones where its girls fighting with an objective of removing clothes?
For some odd reason I find those strangely compelling.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:51 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Opa-Opa wrote:I belive that ALL wrestling games are complete rubbish and anyone that follows wrestling is a bit poofy.
And yet there seems to be a complete lack of nudie girl wrestling or Foxy boxing based video games.
Strange that the only wrestling games that get made are the ones featuring baby oiled men in their pants...?

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:03 am

Opa-Opa wrote:
Antiriad2097 wrote:
And yet there seems to be a complete lack of nudie girl wrestling or Foxy boxing based video games.
Strange that the only wrestling games that get made are the ones featuring baby oiled men in their pants...?
No, that's not true.

You want to have a look at the WWE: Day of Reckoning games for the Cube.

Yes, there's a lot of sweaty beefcake in there, but they also have a good selection of girl on girl fighting that you can stick to if you want to avoid vomiting.

There's also a couple of Rumble Roses to consider if you want to get dirty.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:09 am

yesman wrote:Speaking of WWE Smackdown, the last few releases from that series have been terrible. It's continues to get WORSE and WORSE (SVR07 and SVR08 being particularly retrograde). Ah well, that's what you get from a lack of competition coupled with an uncriticial audience of young naive pro-wrestling fans.
I quite liekd teh option in one of the first samckdown games to put together your own ppv event, would give a viewing figures rating at the end, wasn't much of agame as such if you weren't actually playing the characters but I liked messing around with it to get better statistics.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:10 am

Antiriad2097 wrote: You want to have a look at the WWE: Day of Reckoning games for the Cube.
No I don't, honest...