xbox 360 classics

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

crazylegs

Post by crazylegs » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:11 pm

Thanks for the input guys, i picked up a copy of oblivion and its a great title, only in an hour or so at the moment but very pleased with my purchase! :D
Amiga all the way!

sleeper77

Post by sleeper77 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:51 pm

Test Drive Unlimited was the very reason why I bought an Xbox360. I haven't played it in a while since some of the recent challenges I have to complete take over an hour & I always happen to crash straight into a police car so I can get booked.
My favourite bit of the game is taking any vehicle to the top part of the island where there happens to be a long straight piece of road and trying to get top speed, even it is an old banger.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:15 am

I haven't seen a single "Over an hour" challenge yet, which ones do you mean? There's something LONGER than the 55 minute 128mile Millionaire's challenge?

Or do you just mean they're getting difficult and requiring lots of tries?
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

kiniki

Post by kiniki » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:04 am

Not out yet, but I am damn sure Assassin's Creed is gonna be one hell of a game.

sleeper77

Post by sleeper77 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:30 pm

More difficult & lots of tries.
The Millionaires Challenge I've only managed to complete once after many retries and that was over an hour, so obviously I failed. I took the Ducati because it is easier to control than the Kawasaki although nowhere as fast. The Tour Of The Island I haven't done yet although for sure that is gonna take many tries.
I go mad when the AI traffic changes lanes & goes in front of you even when you're doing top speed. Don't let that put anyone off as it is still one of the best racing games I have played & even when you're not dong the challenges just cruising around the island is great fun.

elmosexwhistle

Post by elmosexwhistle » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:08 pm

is it me or is the word "classic" becoming utterly meaningless...these games have been out for what...a couple of years at most? just seems kinda weird...lol x
+I..AM..ERROR+

will2097

Post by will2097 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:24 pm

I was about to have a moan about the less than cosmic collection of classics for the 360 as described here, but a quick search revealed Call of Duty 3 which I thought was alright! The ending I liked a lot actually and Lego Star Wars II was meant to pretty good.

If people have a 360 and haven't played Dead Rising, PGR 3 and Test Drive then there should be a gas chamber somewhere with their name on it. After all, there isn't that much worth playing on the system. ;)

Anyway - don't waste your money on old tat - spend it on PGR4. It's good. honest.

sleeper77

Post by sleeper77 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:03 am

PGR3 isn't old tat, it is still a very good game. And I have yet to buy and play Dead Rising. You monster! :lol: