Metal Gear Solid 4 and Resident Evil 5

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:00 pm

No, not at all.

Well, you did ask :wink:

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:22 pm

I ran a poll a while back about MGS4 , asking if people were prepared to buy a PS3 so they could play this game

We shall soon see
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

StarEye

Post by StarEye » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:17 pm

I really really look forward to MGS4, and see how the story ends - if it actually DOES end, knowing Kojima.

Resident Evil 5 looks fantastic graphics wise, but it looks exactly like Resident Evil 4 only with black people. I don't recognize the Resident Evil in Resident Evil anymore, if you know what I mean. It's gone from save-your-bullets, exploration and puzzles in a scary mansion, to a dark-themed shoot'em up. Not sure I like that. I'd love to see another Resident Evil like Resi 1 or 2 again.

That said, I would have loved to see a Dino Crisis game done in the same way as Resi 4.

Shin_Gouki

Post by Shin_Gouki » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:32 pm

I like the look of MGS4, but realistically it's the only PS3 game besides Motorstorm I have expressed even a slight interest in.

Maybe in a few years, when the PS3 is at the end of it's life (read: affordable) I'll pick one up, along with MGS4. It's a shame, because it really does look the goods.
真・豪鬼

necronom

Post by necronom » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:40 pm

The two I'm most looking forward to are GTA IV and MGS 4. RE 5 is one I'll almost definitely get, too.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:13 am

necronom wrote:The two I'm most looking forward to are GTA IV and MGS 4. RE 5 is one I'll almost definitely get, too.
Man, I was upset when Rockstar delayed GTA 4, it would have been out this month to. I'm sure the extra time spent on it will be well worth the wait too.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

RetroENZO

Post by RetroENZO » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:36 am

ShadowMan wrote:
necronom wrote:The two I'm most looking forward to are GTA IV and MGS 4. RE 5 is one I'll almost definitely get, too.
Man, I was upset when Rockstar delayed GTA 4, it would have been out this month to. I'm sure the extra time spent on it will be well worth the wait too.
Another reason to hold a grudge against Sony...
Geoff
Facebook and Twitter

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:50 am

RetroENZO wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:
I don't blame Sony, I'm staying neutral, though I find it shocking how many games have been delayed for the PS3. In a way it is worrying as I don't want to see the PS3 go down the drain but Sony needs to do something.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

necronom

Post by necronom » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:01 pm

RetroENZO wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:
I don't see what its got to do with Sony. Rockstar haven't finished the game, that's the reason it's delayed.

I'm not bothered about the delay, as it means more time is being spent on it (and it will be finished properly), and I won't have a PS3 till Xmas, so I would have been in mental pain if the game was out and I couldn't play it.

Both versions are delayed, not just the PS3 one. Each camp is blaming the other for the delay. :roll:

As long as it's finished, and plays as good as the previous ones, I'll be happy. I should have a 40" 1080p screen by then. :D

will2097

Post by will2097 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:40 pm

How was it Sonys fault? Or have they now achieved generic-naming when in association with evil? (And of cause delays)

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:05 pm

will2097 wrote:How was it Sonys fault? Or have they now achieved generic-naming when in association with evil? (And of cause delays)
People speculated the delay was due to the fact that programming on the PS3 takes far more time than the 360 (which may be true since many games are delayed for the PS3).
People also speculated the reason was that Rockstar were having problems fitting the whole game onto DVD for the Xbox 360.
I'm going with the "needs more time" theory. I think it simply wasn't ready for release, and I know that Rockstar will perfect it for release (then again I'd say that either way I haven't not enjoyed a GTA game to date)

resident paul

Post by resident paul » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:33 am

will2097 wrote:How was it Sonys fault? Or have they now achieved generic-naming when in association with evil? (And of cause delays)
Umbrella was a big corporation & so was Sony!