Forgotten Arcade games that never received home conversions

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
Commander Jameson
Posts: 1350
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:55 am
Location: Chesterfield,UK

Re: Forgotten Arcade games that never received home conversions

Post by Commander Jameson » Wed May 12, 2010 9:39 am

Another vote here for GTI Club - I only got a couple of occasions to try this out and LOVED it. Yes, it did have a handbrake on the cab like Sega Rallys. Great courses, and loads of short cuts and easter eggs for you to discover, bloody brilliant.
Image

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14993
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: Forgotten Arcade games that never received home conversions

Post by Megamixer » Wed May 12, 2010 9:41 am

Commander Jameson wrote:Another vote here for GTI Club - I only got a couple of occasions to try this out and LOVED it. Yes, it did have a handbrake on the cab like Sega Rallys. Great courses, and loads of short cuts and easter eggs for you to discover, bloody brilliant.
What was that GTI Club+ game that was released on PSN/XBLA then? Something entirely different?

Myself, all I want is a spot-on port of Aliens Vs Predator from Capcom. Yeah, I can play it in MAME but I'd prefer not to.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
Mootown
Posts: 3853
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:33 am
Location: Blacktooth Castle, Basingstoke...
Contact:

Re: Forgotten Arcade games that never received home conversions

Post by Mootown » Wed May 12, 2010 9:45 am

Alarm wrote:
Mootown wrote: Yeah I know - it's funny isn't it, I posted this thread in 2006 and having a quick read through since then a few of the wanted games have actually been released - Xexex and Afterburner Climax of the top of my head :) Thanks though! I actually own the arcade board of XEXEX :) :)
Ooh, you lucky man. I've only played it twice in the arcade. I'd like to see Konami's Thunder Cross games get a release (the first did on the PS2, but only in Japan). I quite like that series of games. Sky Soldiers would be good too, as that was a fun shmup.
Coincidently I also own Thundercross :) I have the region of the board where you have lives instead of an energy bar - can't remember which country version that is. I had a bit of a pcb board collection going where I only got games that you couldn't otherwise get elsewhere - so I also have Mystic Warriors (the Konami sunset riders esq ninja game) and for a while I had a game called Blood Brothers which was like Cabal only in the wild west, it's was pretty good but the board died on me and I have no idea why :(

User avatar
Commander Jameson
Posts: 1350
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:55 am
Location: Chesterfield,UK

Re: Forgotten Arcade games that never received home conversions

Post by Commander Jameson » Wed May 12, 2010 10:02 am

Megamixer wrote:
Commander Jameson wrote:Another vote here for GTI Club - I only got a couple of occasions to try this out and LOVED it. Yes, it did have a handbrake on the cab like Sega Rallys. Great courses, and loads of short cuts and easter eggs for you to discover, bloody brilliant.
What was that GTI Club+ game that was released on PSN/XBLA then? Something entirely different?
ER WHAT?

If that's available on XBLA, I'm gonna pee my pants. Then buy some M$ points on the way home from work.
Image

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14993
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: Forgotten Arcade games that never received home conversions

Post by Megamixer » Wed May 12, 2010 10:09 am

Commander Jameson wrote:
Megamixer wrote:
Commander Jameson wrote:Another vote here for GTI Club - I only got a couple of occasions to try this out and LOVED it. Yes, it did have a handbrake on the cab like Sega Rallys. Great courses, and loads of short cuts and easter eggs for you to discover, bloody brilliant.
What was that GTI Club+ game that was released on PSN/XBLA then? Something entirely different?
ER WHAT?

If that's available on XBLA, I'm gonna pee my pants. Then buy some M$ points on the way home from work.
On further investigation, it's PSN only :( Sorry

See the Wiki page below :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GTI_Club#G ... 2008.12.29

Came out in 2008 and was worked on by Sumo.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
Commander Jameson
Posts: 1350
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:55 am
Location: Chesterfield,UK

Re: Forgotten Arcade games that never received home conversions

Post by Commander Jameson » Wed May 12, 2010 11:49 am

Megamixer wrote:
On further investigation, it's PSN only :( Sorry

See the Wiki page below :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GTI_Club#G ... 2008.12.29

Came out in 2008 and was worked on by Sumo.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

On the only console I don't own!!!
Image


User avatar
C=Style
Posts: 9053
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 4:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Forgotten Arcade games that never received home conversions

Post by C=Style » Wed May 12, 2010 1:51 pm

Yep, was just gonna say about GTi Club on the Wii, it's much better than the PSN version with many more options and events but it's still a bit.. meh.
Image

User avatar
gman72
Posts: 8018
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:41 pm
Location: UK. Norfolk

Re:

Post by gman72 » Wed May 12, 2010 3:39 pm

SegaMark wrote:Planet Harriers.

It was going to get a Dreamcast port, then got canned... I was really looking forward to that bloody game. :(
Surely this has to be the holy grail of unconverted arcade games.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXVbaWJbSKM
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

User avatar
RMLF
Posts: 3210
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:54 am
Location: Lost in the Ether

Re: Re:

Post by RMLF » Wed May 12, 2010 5:16 pm

gman72 wrote:
SegaMark wrote:Planet Harriers.

It was going to get a Dreamcast port, then got canned... I was really looking forward to that bloody game. :(
Surely this has to be the holy grail of unconverted arcade games.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXVbaWJbSKM

Sound effects for the counter for the player select straight outta Super Monkey Ball Deluxe... made by AV so not a suprise but a bit :?
The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26859
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: Forgotten Arcade games that never received home conversions

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed May 12, 2010 5:22 pm

Is Planet Harriers any good? I love me a bit of Space Harrier, I get a real rush from it, but that video of the sequel looks really slow. It appears to be like a ropey version of Rez before they prettified it.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests