Halo 3

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Kickboxingshrimp

Halo 3

Post by Kickboxingshrimp » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:11 pm

Whoo Hoooo....My Halo 3 arrived in the post today (thankyou Game Delivery service!)...along with my componant HD cable for my 360..im soooo happy!!

That is all
Stay Tuna`d

www.kickboxingshrimp.com

Xbox Live Account : KBS Dot Com

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:38 pm

Does it still have stupid comedy aliens, or have they finally sorted out some enemies that don't look like they're in the wrong game?
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

ShadowMan

Re: Halo 3

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:28 pm

Kickboxingshrimp wrote:Whoo Hoooo....My Halo 3 arrived in the post today (thankyou Game Delivery service!)...along with my componant HD cable for my 360..im soooo happy!!

That is all
Mine will be arriving tomorrow (which edition did you get?).
I wish my Live subscription hadn't ended as I loved the beta, but it should be a good co-op game with my brother.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

RetroENZO

Post by RetroENZO » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:35 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:Does it still have stupid comedy aliens, or have they finally sorted out some enemies that don't look like they're in the wrong game?
And annoying "Swam" aliens. And have they also made Halo 3 non-repetetive which was the problem for the first two?
Geoff
Facebook and Twitter

Kickboxingshrimp

Post by Kickboxingshrimp » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:48 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
Kickboxingshrimp wrote:Whoo Hoooo....My Halo 3 arrived in the post today (thankyou Game Delivery service!)...along with my componant HD cable for my 360..im soooo happy!!

That is all
I wish my Live subscription hadn't ended as I loved the beta, but it should be a good co-op game with my brother.
I got the lovelly tin edition (And also a players guide!).....i think so far its a cracking game.....i aint telling you anyting about it incase of spoilers, but im enjoying it in its hi`def glory!

P.s...ive added you as a friend...im KBS Dot Com
Stay Tuna`d

www.kickboxingshrimp.com

Xbox Live Account : KBS Dot Com

will2097

Post by will2097 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:13 pm

I saw this:

http://www.sonydefenseforce.com/?p=251

Apparently, not just according to these loonies, your spanky new Halo 3 disk might have spanky new scratches in it.

The odds are stacking up against you playing Halo 3. If your 360 is working, and if it wasn't, it has been returned to you in time, and your 360 steering wheel hasn't burnt your house down, MS will be thwarting your gaming pleasure by sending Halo 3 Ltd. ed., in cheap boxes.

Nice.

necronom

Post by necronom » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:43 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:Does it still have stupid comedy aliens, or have they finally sorted out some enemies that don't look like they're in the wrong game?
That's exactly what I was about to say!

CrookedMouth

Post by CrookedMouth » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:42 pm

What is Halo 3? Will there be a Spectrum port?

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:05 am

Kickboxingshrimp wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:

That is all
I got the lovelly tin edition (And also a players guide!).....i think so far its a cracking game.....i aint telling you anyting about it incase of spoilers, but im enjoying it in its hi`def glory!

P.s...ive added you as a friend...im KBS Dot Com
Awesome, I gotta plug my 360 back in and start playing when I get back home today, Co-Op should be a blast!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Type2XS

Post by Type2XS » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:56 am

Played it with a mate yesterday. Wasn't too impressed. Although it's a fun coop game, it just doesn't shocks me. The comedy aliens are back (our German localization make those things even worse), the first backtracking appears in the second level and real highlights are sparse. Fun shooter but not the FPS-messiah that the first ratings want to tell you. If it wasn't for the coop, I'd only stick to the regular multiplayer...

GarryG

Post by GarryG » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:30 am

Ah yes, Hailo 3, that brand new RETRO GAME for the well known RETRO CONSOLE the XBOX360 !?!?!?!?!?!?

Wrong forum, perhaps :roll:

:wink: :lol:

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:57 am

Just picked up my copy in Gamestation, so will be online tonight :)

pottyboy

Post by pottyboy » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:11 am

I hope it's as good as the original. Won't buy it though as I don't have a 360 or any of the current generation consoles for that matter (unless you count the DS and PSP).

I've only just got round to playing the first one. Always thought it looked crap in all the videos I saw for it. However, since playing a demo of it, I have just bought it for my shiny new Apple iMac! It's not the best FPS I've played, but it was a lot better than I thought it was going to be.

"And I've got a little TIP for you. Get the POINT?" - Guybrush Threepwood

MC1

Post by MC1 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:00 am

I havnt got/played 1 or 2 so will maybe ask Santa for it.

Mainly for the co-op story mode.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:28 pm

GarryG wrote:Ah yes, Hailo 3, that brand new RETRO GAME for the well known RETRO CONSOLE the XBOX360 !?!?!?!?!?!?

Wrong forum, perhaps :roll:

:wink: :lol:
Nah, right forum. This is the All about the games section, not all about the Retro Games. The only bit of the forum that is dedicated to retro is the Blast from the Past area (and possibly the mag feedback).