Keeping mint things mint

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

If you buy a rare item in mint condition, do you like to keep it that way?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 46

BennyTheGreek

Post by BennyTheGreek » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:48 pm

Aah the difference is there always seems to be an undercurrent of venom and bile whenever you post your comments against Sonic91 (and now me :D )

Your are entitled to your opinion of course and we are very grateful for them , but it sometimes (to me) seems as though you have a real problem with him/her......
(and me )

just because we choose to continue arguing our/ my point of view......

i personally think tis you who does not like anyone disagreeing with you....

You aint the oracle...and neither am I.

sonic91

Post by sonic91 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:11 pm

Dudley wrote:Especially in the case of Sonic's Pippin where it's not mint condition at all anyway
It is mint. Just cos the box is damp doesn't make the console not mint.
Dudley wrote:Disagreeing with sonic91 == attacking.
:?:
BennyTheGeek wrote:Aah the difference is there always seems to be an undercurrent of venom and bile whenever you post your comments against Sonic91 (and now me )

Your are entitled to your opinion of course and we are very grateful for them , but it sometimes (to me) seems as though you have a real problem with him/her......
(and me )

just because we choose to continue arguing our/ my point of view......

i personally think tis you who does not like anyone disagreeing with you....

You aint the oracle...and neither am I.
Aha! Someone else finally gets what I feel. Look at Dudley's posts when disagreeing with other members, he accepts their opinion. When he disagrees with me, he keeps referring back to the easter debate we had on religion and thinks I take everything personally because of that. Whatever I post that is in the slightest bit different to what he thinks, well, to quote Matthew Perry in an episode of Friends:

"Can open, worms everywhere....."

Sorry Benny, it's going to be tough to get out of this but welcome to my world. If it's anything like being me, Dudley will try to undermine you with everything he says and try to use an argument that happened months ago against you, as that is what he does with me.

I totally agree that everyone has an opinion, us and Dudley included. Just don't use your opinion to bug someone else. Of course no-one has to agree 100% of the time, but surely Dudley can see that posting messages against me like he does isn't going to do anyone any good, as I am just going to retaliate and he won't like it.

Standing Ovation, Benny, well done!
Fight the good fight of faith,
Lay hold on Eternal life.

-1 Timothy 6:12-

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:18 pm

sonic91 wrote:
Dudley wrote:Especially in the case of Sonic's Pippin where it's not mint condition at all anyway
It is mint. Just cos the box is damp doesn't make the console not mint.
Yes it does! That's what mint means!

"Unused or appearing to be newly made and never used"

If it's unsealed and damp it hardly qualifies. Even if you decide it is, you won't make it any less mint by playing it.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

sonic91

Post by sonic91 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:22 pm

The console itself is mint. Still sealed, still tape around the seal, the box appears to have never been opened anyway, just cos the box is damp it makes it look old and used, which it's not.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:23 pm

sonic91 wrote:welcome to my world.
:lol:

BennyTheGreek

Post by BennyTheGreek » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:44 am

It might just be a clash of `textual` pesonalities or it might be that we are all passionate/stubborn/speak our minds...it might be that we are more similar than we dare admit, but I think it is a rare thing when someone actually stands up for themselves against Dudley and he does not like this.

I will always argue my point (and defend someone who is being unfairly treated) until either
a: the post gets locked.
b: the nastiness stops
c: my fingers fall off
d: My eyes fall out
e: Bioshock finishes loadin...............

sonic91

Post by sonic91 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:05 am

BennyTheGreek wrote:It might just be a clash of `textual` pesonalities or it might be that we are all passionate/stubborn/speak our minds...it might be that we are more similar than we dare admit, but I think it is a rare thing when someone actually stands up for themselves against Dudley and he does not like this.
I have to admit it is a rare thing when someone stands up to Dudley, but he is a respected member of the forums as I've said on occasions before, but that doesn't give him or anyone else the right to look down on others. It's true, we are all passionate about retro games and games in general, we can be stubborn but what I don't get is Dudley accuses me on many occasions that I'm trying to force everyone to agree with me and that's not true. I feel he does it sometimes, though we can all be a bit hypocritical sometimes.

sonic91

Post by sonic91 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:08 am

BennyTheGreek wrote: I will always argue my point (and defend someone who is being unfairly treated) until either
I will also argue my point. Others may not like it but I'll argue 'til I'm blue in the face if I need to. Still, we can all get along as we all share a common interest. No need for nastiness but debate is fine. It can get nasty, but as I said I will argue as well.

(By the way, Dudley, look at the poll score).

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:11 am

Right then. I think we have all had enough of this now. Can I ask you to stop posting on the personal disagreements and stick to the topic.
Any problems with any forum member should be PM'd to a mod (you have a choice of 4) so they can look at it and see if anything is out of order.

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:17 am

sonic91 wrote:
BennyTheGreek wrote: I will always argue my point (and defend someone who is being unfairly treated) until either
I will also argue my point. Others may not like it but I'll argue 'til I'm blue in the face if I need to. Still, we can all get along as we all share a common interest. No need for nastiness but debate is fine. It can get nasty, but as I said I will argue as well.

I guess if your Sonic , that's not too hard to do?
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:17 am

sonic91 wrote:
The poll is invalid, I've pointed out many times people voting yes despite expressly saying they disagree with you.

Plus the console that started the arguement isn't even mint.

Celebaglar

Post by Celebaglar » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:56 am

If by mint we mean sealed and unused, I don't see what any of this has to do with gaming.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:03 am

Which would be my point.

sonic91

Post by sonic91 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:03 pm

Dudley wrote: The poll is invalid

Plus the console that started the arguement isn't even mint.
You're only saying that because the poll hasn't gone your way. You seem to be so arrogant that you can't accept people voting a different answer to you. Plus the console is mint, I've not said anything about it not being mint. The box isn't mint, the console is as it's still sealed. Just accept it Dudley, a lot of people would be happy if you would, whether you like it or not, I have a Bandai Apple Pippin Atmark console in mint condition, no matter what you say or think. And people are voting "yes" as they agree with the question, not because they are all lying.
paranoid marvin wrote:
sonic91 wrote:
BennyTheGreek wrote:

I will always argue my point (and defend someone who is being unfairly treated) until either

I guess if your Sonic , that's not too hard to do?
:lol:

The Master

Post by The Master » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:09 pm

I'm not sure what to vote on this. I bought a spare GP2X which I haven't needed to use yet, only unwrapped it to check that it worked. When I heard the original PSP was about to be discontinued, I got a couple more of those too. This is only because I don't like the idea of using a handheld that's been down someone else's pants though, and all things wear out in the end - especially fiddly electronic things. But unless one of these consoles somehow becomes magically eternal, they'll all get played with eventually.