ds question

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

jabbawokkie2

ds question

Post by jabbawokkie2 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:23 pm

just been on hols and been on daughters ds .finished yoshis story /island and mario brothers .

i know nothing great but little lass thinks i am now worlds greatest :lol: :lol:
the thing is on mario on the maps there are some black dots (levels )i cant get to ,most are next to cannons .does anyone know why

Lorfarius

Post by Lorfarius » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:57 pm

No idea but have a look at Gamefaqs.com They might make mention of it.
For all your mad retro gaming needs, regular content on a daily basis!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lorfarius

Shin_Gouki

Re: ds question

Post by Shin_Gouki » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:41 pm

jabbawokkie2 wrote:just been on hols and been on daughters ds .finished yoshis story /island and mario brothers .

i know nothing great but little lass thinks i am now worlds greatest :lol: :lol:
the thing is on mario on the maps there are some black dots (levels )i cant get to ,most are next to cannons .does anyone know why
To open up these areas you need the large coins, there are three in each level.
真・豪鬼

jabbawokkie2

Re: ds question

Post by jabbawokkie2 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:45 pm

Shin_Gouki wrote:
jabbawokkie2 wrote:just been on hols and been on daughters ds .finished yoshis story /island and mario brothers .

To open up these areas you need the large coins, there are three in each level.
what every one :shock: :shock: or everyone on each level to unlock them on that level

rupert

Post by rupert » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:50 pm

Ages since i completed this but from memory I think you have to defeat certain boss's as mini mario, which can be quite a hard, doing so opens a short cut or somthing, cant remember exactly, can sombody clarify this?

jabbawokkie2

Post by jabbawokkie2 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:10 pm

rupert wrote:Ages since i completed this but from memory I think you have to defeat certain boss's as mini mario, which can be quite a hard, doing so opens a short cut or somthing, cant remember exactly, can sombody clarify this?
that just gives you level 4 and 7 mate

rupert

Post by rupert » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:18 pm

jabbawokkie2 wrote:
rupert wrote:Ages since i completed this but from memory I think you have to defeat certain boss's as mini mario, which can be quite a hard, doing so opens a short cut or somthing, cant remember exactly, can sombody clarify this?
that just gives you level 4 and 7 mate
hence you can get all the coin things.. to get a full completion am I right in saying you need to access those levels? I didnt do that 1st time round though.

I really love the last level, great level design. This and the original Game Boy mario are my fave mario games, none of the others cut it for me :? (might be my sega fan boy side coming through though)