konix multi system?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:44 pm

Didn't they more or less state in the atricle that the chairs never really worked properly anyway? Or they did but had an Xbox 360 reliability?
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

pocketmego

Post by pocketmego » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:54 am

merman wrote:Considering it was up against consoles like the PC Engine (£250+ on import) and the NeoGeo (£170 A GAME) at the time, the projected price of around £300 for a Konix base unit and £25 a game (on 3.5" floppy disks) would have been viable
Yeah, that's a good point. I never considered what the import costs of those systems were. However, from the list of developers in the video it sounded like it was going to be playing a bunch of Amiga level games at best. Not much better than the Megadrive.

-Ray

mqark

Post by mqark » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:11 pm

[Shameless Plug!] Visit my website for an upto date look at the Multisystem with new interviews and plenty of interesting facts packed in there.

http://www.konixmultisystem.co.uk

Cheers,
Mqark.

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:43 am

mqark wrote:[Shameless Plug!] Visit my website for an upto date look at the Multisystem with new interviews and plenty of interesting facts packed in there.

http://www.konixmultisystem.co.uk

Cheers,
Mqark.
Ecellent, if I hadn't visited that link, I would've forgotten the game 'Run the Gauntlet' ever existed, used to have it on speccy!!! :D
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.