Post Your Controversial Views on Popular Games

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

stvd

Post by stvd » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:21 pm

All N64 games except Mario 64 - a poor system with a poor controller!

FIFA (any of them - can't believe people buy this)

Tiger Woods (see above)

Command & Conquor

will2097

Post by will2097 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:40 pm

SirClive wrote:All FPS's are crap.
GOD DAMN YES! Especially Doom and Wolfenstein. I will never, ever, ever, understand the love lavished on this crap. It looked crap and dated when it came out FFS.

Halo was at best O.K. (barely)

And the Zelda games. Just boring. Your mind has to move at glacial speeds to extract even a minuscule drop of pleasure from this blurry visioned hippy fairy loving crap. I have tried, and tried, and tried to like Zelda. I have owned every Zelda game on the N64, the Wii and the CDi. Each time with the intention of learning to love the Zelda series. I've spent upwards of a £150, simply in an attempt to learn to love Zelda, like the rest of you. And I can't do it. Under normal circumstances if the whole world loves something and you don't - well, the problem lies with you -- right? Well it's not me, it's the rest of you. Swear to God. Zelda, like this post, is long winded rubbish. That is all.
Last edited by will2097 on Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BennyTheGreek

Post by BennyTheGreek » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:42 pm

stvd wrote:All N64 games except Mario 64 - a poor system with a poor controller!

Absolute crap !! --- Blast Corps, Pilotwings, Goldeneye and Perfect dark for starters...Mario kart, Diddy Kong Racing.....oh god I could go on and on.....

FIFA (any of them - can't believe people buy this)....the later ones are ok.....

Tiger Woods (see above)...the later ones are good if you like golf.....

Command & Conquor totally agree
I would add all that crap like oblivion and world of warcraft..in fact any rpg....especially ffviiiviiiviii .....ALL Halo games, 3d Motorbike games, Centipede, joust, space invaders is crap. Pong and every breakout game, Lords of Midnight and all hewson avalon games, Every football manager game, every manager game, Most flight sims, all boat and submarine simulators, war games that make you move 2 units at a time, 98% of all text adventures, 99% of all graphic adventures, 99% of all 8-bit isometric games, anything with tycoon at the end is crap, most Ultimate games, most Ultima games - no in fact all of them, dungeon masters, Bubble Bobble, Ghost & Goblins, Uridium, 99% of jeff Minter games and every game with the word "Sim" in the title.

will2097

Post by will2097 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:44 pm

BennyTheGreek wrote:
stvd wrote:All N64 games except Mario 64 - a poor system with a poor controller!

Absolute crap !! --- Blast Corps, Pilotwings, Goldeneye and Perfect dark for starters...Mario kart, Diddy Kong Racing.....oh god I could go on and on.....

FIFA (any of them - can't believe people buy this)....the later ones are ok.....

Tiger Woods (see above)...the later ones are good if you like golf.....

Command & Conquor totally agree
I would add all that crap like oblivion and world of warcraft..in fact any rpg....especially ffviiiviiiviii .....ALL Halo games, 3d Motorbike games, Centipede, joust, space invaders is crap. Pong and every breakout game, Lords of Midnight and all hewson avalon games, Every football manager game, every manager game, Most flight sims, all boat and submarine simulators, war games that make you move 2 units at a time, 98% of all text adventures, 99% of all graphic adventures, 99% of all 8-bit isometric games, anything with tycoon at the end is crap, most Ultimate games, most Ultima games - no in fact all of them, dungeon masters, Bubble Bobble, Ghost & Goblins, Uridium, 99% of jeff Minter games and every game with the word "Sim" in the title.
Yes!!! AND! AND!! AND!!! MUDs. Multi User Dungeons. The epitomy of rubbish. Not sure about Puzzle Bobble. That was OK. Final Fantasy is not all bad either.

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:47 pm

Heavy Stylus wrote:I hate Sonic! :shock:
WTF!?! :shock:

Mind you ... that's as bad as me saying 'I hate Mario!' - well actually, that's true - I've never been a fan of Mario.

bolda

Post by bolda » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:10 pm

Robotron:2084 - probably appeared in more Desert Island Disks than any other game... I'd rather swim for the mainland and drown than be stranded on a desert island with that game!
GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!
ImageImageImage

necronom

Post by necronom » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:35 pm

Mario is a Tw@t.

Sonic is an overrated boring game.

Halo is the most overrated games of all time.

Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat games are rubbish.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:39 pm

Stop sitting on the fence necronom.

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:40 pm

necronom wrote:Mario is a Tw@t.
Agreed!
necronom wrote:Sonic is an overrated boring game.
Sorry! I disagree with this one. At least Sonic has more style than Mario!
necronom wrote:Halo is the most overrated games of all time.
Doom is the only FPS worth playing in my opinion
necronom wrote:Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat games are rubbish.
I agree with MK being a bit rubbish - it was hyped up no end.
But how can you say this about the Street Fighter series of games - Street Fighter II defined the 1v1 beat 'em up genre. SF2 IS THE GREATEST BEAT 'EM UP GAME EVER! Full Stop.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:42 pm

Come on Woody, you know what you're controversial view is! Just say it, we won't hold it against you. Cleanse your soul :wink:

MC1

Post by MC1 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:48 pm

Come on Woody, get out of that closet.

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:49 pm

SirClive wrote:Come on Woody, you know what you're controversial view is! Just say it, we won't hold it against you. Cleanse your soul :wink:
What controversial view !?!

Ohhh! That one.
The view that the Amstrad CPC has better versions of Batman, Head Over Heels, Gauntlet, Gauntlet II, Arkanoid, Legend of Kage, Game Over I & II than what the Spectrum does :D

MC1

Post by MC1 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:51 pm

Sorry Woody,

I thought SirClive was on about the other thing.

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:53 pm

MC1 wrote:Sorry Woody,

I thought SirClive was on about the other thing.
What other thing?

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:54 pm

GovanGer wrote:Gran Turismo as well.

Games are supposed to be FUN!

If I buy a racing game I want to be able to crash at 200MPH and be back on the track within seconds!
Gran Turismo's single greatest fault is that you can do this.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com