Page 3 of 4

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:51 pm
by woody.cool
The Master wrote:(Where the hell did you get full, note-accurate MIDI files of the OutRun soundtrack from??!)
That really would be telling :P Hence why I uploaded them to my web server

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:28 pm
by Rosetinted Gamer
Way of the Exploding Fist on the C64 had a great music score.

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:56 am
by The Master
woody.cool wrote:
The Master wrote:(Where the hell did you get full, note-accurate MIDI files of the OutRun soundtrack from??!)
That really would be telling :P Hence why I uploaded them to my web server
Have you got one for R-Type?

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:31 pm
by DrBlue
Always had a soft spot for the christmassy music in the Amiga version of James Pond 2: Robocod.

Also the loading music from Gloom (Amiga) and most of the music from Lemmings 2.

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:49 pm
by JetSetWilly
my fav music:

OUTRUN - Magical Sound Shower
Monkey island 1 + 2: every single piece of music from both games
id have to agree with Golden Axe. the first levels music is just awsome. mind you, the DEATH ADDER music is just unnerving
TURRICAN: Main Menu tune
DOOM: 1st level music (the rest is pants)
Super Star Wars: whole game. recapures the movies atmosphere
and lastly, R-TYPE.



anyone know where i can get ythem from?

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:07 pm
by HalcyonDaze
Last Ninja - 1st level
Monkey Island 1 & 2 - pretty much all of it, but especially from the Bar
R-Type
Ocean Loader ( does this count ??? )
Delta

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:42 pm
by JetSetWilly
managed to find a site that contains ALL (yes, ALL) the tunes i mentioned (listening to MAGICAL SOUND SHOWER now.....bliss!)
even the first song in golden axe (the first level). its called wilderness.
damn excellent tune, i must say!!!


dont know if im allowed to link to it, though.....if im persuaded enough, i might do :wink:

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:49 pm
by MrCrusher
Zoids-C64
Cybernoid-C64
Bionic Commando 1st lvl -C64
Rastan-C64
Star Paws-C64

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:05 am
by JetSetWilly
what ive manage to find:

This is CHASE HQ (includes speech)
Monkey Island 1 + 2 soundtracks
R-TYPE theme
Beardy erm Birdy (from CONKER)
SPEEDBALL 2 theme (yes, THAT one!)
Turrican (all three main title themes)
Elite 2 main theme
Cannon Fodder (War has never been so much fun!)
Flashback (my favourite!)
Golden Axe Wilderness (1st stage theme)
GoldenAxe Showdown (Death Adder battle)
Magical Sound Shower (OUTRUN original version)
Splash Wave and Passing Breeze (SST)


some really cool tracks and remakes of tracks. especially THIS IS CHASE HQ. Awsome with the speech at the start

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:30 pm
by Ultros
Gah, there's so many beautiful game soundtracks it is hard to pick just a few. These are the ones that stick in my mind though:

Shadow of Colossus- Any of the colossus battle themes. Epic and wonderful.
Ace Combat 5- The Unsung War. I played that once for my non-gamer friend and even she took notice.
Ico- You were there.
LocoRoco-LocoRoco no Uta. Very catchy.
Elebits-Elebits opening movie.
Beyond Good and Evil-The very first track played when you begin the game.
Super Mario World- The ending theme.
Resident Evil-Code Veronica-: End Theme Complete Version. Not only is it a great song, but it is one of my favorite videogame ending themes. Especially around three minutes or so when it really kicks in.
Ar Tonelico- The theme song whose name escapes me at the moment.
Panzer Dragoon- Main theme. Still makes me cry.
Nights- Just a great soundtrack overall.
Ecco the Dolphin Defender of the Future- Ending theme.
Dragon Force- The ending theme (the cd is out of print :cry: )


.....I think that almost covers it. :D

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:31 pm
by paranoid marvin
JetSetWilly wrote:what ive manage to find:

This is CHASE HQ (includes speech)
Monkey Island 1 + 2 soundtracks
R-TYPE theme
Beardy erm Birdy (from CONKER)
SPEEDBALL 2 theme (yes, THAT one!)
Turrican (all three main title themes)
Elite 2 main theme
Cannon Fodder (War has never been so much fun!)
Flashback (my favourite!)
Golden Axe Wilderness (1st stage theme)
GoldenAxe Showdown (Death Adder battle)
Magical Sound Shower (OUTRUN original version)
Splash Wave and Passing Breeze (SST)


some really cool tracks and remakes of tracks. especially THIS IS CHASE HQ. Awsome with the speech at the start
MI 1 has some of the best soundtracks ever - I still hum the tunes to this day!

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:36 pm
by The Master
JET SET WILLY - DUDE, PLEASE LINK THE MUSIC FROM R-TYPE...
or if you are a bit scared then PM it to me PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

:D

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:11 pm
by JetSetWilly
The Master wrote:JET SET WILLY - DUDE, PLEASE LINK THE MUSIC FROM R-TYPE...
or if you are a bit scared then PM it to me PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

:D


hmmmm.....maybe i will...maybe i wont..... :lol:

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:23 pm
by JetSetWilly
just joshing. ill post it.

http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks.php?r=32081

go to I then scroll down to either:
IREM GAME MUSIC
or
IREM GAME MUSIC - R-TYPE.

it'll be the FULL version. It has music at the start then goes into the first level music.
AWESOME!!!

have a browse. make ure to check out THE Turrican tune: Main Title. nothing else beats it.

forgot to look for streets of rage. can someone have a butchers for it for me coz im orf out in a mo and wont get a chance.

CHEERS!!



UPDATE!!!


THEY HAVE GOT STREETS OF RAGE......1,2 AND 3!!!!! complete!! the music.......SOOOOOOO LUSH!!!

also got Super Hang on and Power drift!!!!


HOW COOL????

it's got to be

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:29 pm
by machoman
it's got to be original mario music!