So, I have owened a Nintendo Wii for a month now............

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:08 am

I love my Wii..
I can't afford to buy a full price, triple AAA title every week so the fact that the games are coming in dribs and drabs suits me. I still have a PS3 to buy for as well and if I want a run of the mill chavy racer or another FPS I can use that.

While nothing new is released I can continue to play Tiger Woods 07 (Which is a great game and far better with the Wiimote) or Resi 4 or Zelda or Paper mario etc etc.. In the near future I have Metriod and Galaxy to look foward too, another £70.00 there... If they start releasing four or five AAA titles a month I would have to miss out some great games, as it is I Haven't missed nothing yet...

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:29 am

Opa-Opa wrote:Zelda
Never been into RPG's and have no experience - Is it worth getting? Will I just not understand as an RPG newbie?
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:44 am

Noticed on the (I think) inside back cover of nRevolution magazine this month an ad for a website with very good priced Wii games. The example it had was that Super Mario Galaxy was rrp £34.99 but they'll have it for £27.99 or something, can't remember the name of the site though, grrr. :evil:
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:48 am

Bub&Bob wrote:
Opa-Opa wrote:Zelda
Never been into RPG's and have no experience - Is it worth getting? Will I just not understand as an RPG newbie?
Zelda isn't really an RPG like Final Fanatsy etc. Its more of an adventure game with lite RPG elements (I still don't get why Zelda is classed as an RPG). Its dead easy to get into and really good in my opinion. If you can rent it then you should give it a shot, its not the best Zelda ever (I still like Zelda 3 the best) but it has plenty of content and good gameplay to last a while.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

MikeHaggar

Post by MikeHaggar » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:09 am

ShadowMan wrote:I still don't get why Zelda is classed as an RPG.
It's not. It's an action adventure game. ;)

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:20 am

mate of mine has said he'll lend me his Wii Zelda when he gets it back as it's amazing. Gonna try and work my way through Resi till then though, lovin it so far!
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:41 am

Elgin_McQueen wrote:mate of mine has said he'll lend me his Wii Zelda when he gets it back as it's amazing. Gonna try and work my way through Resi till then though, lovin it so far!
May give Zelda a try then.
As for Resi - Ive played it through 4 times now and I still love it - I may go so far as to say "the best game I have ever played"
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:46 am

MikeHaggar wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:I still don't get why Zelda is classed as an RPG.
It's not. It's an action adventure game. ;)
I get that, but somewhere along the lines people have been classing it wrongly as an RPG despite the fact it actually has very little to do with the genre :lol:
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:48 am

Elgin_McQueen wrote:Noticed on the (I think) inside back cover of nRevolution magazine this month an ad for a website with very good priced Wii games. The example it had was that Super Mario Galaxy was rrp £34.99 but they'll have it for £27.99 or something, can't remember the name of the site though, grrr. :evil:
http://www.gameseek.co.uk

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:48 pm

I've been checking out a few Wii forums, does anyone here recommend one?

The n*revolution forum just won't let me register! Been trying for weeks, emailed the mag, no joy.

So, any suggestions?

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:32 pm

Picked up Metroid: Corruption today (for €49) and it seems really good so far. The controls are intuitive and there's neat little gameplay touches to be found. Definitely worth spending some cash on.

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:28 am

djcarlos wrote:
Elgin_McQueen wrote:Noticed on the (I think) inside back cover of nRevolution magazine this month an ad for a website with very good priced Wii games. The example it had was that Super Mario Galaxy was rrp £34.99 but they'll have it for £27.99 or something, can't remember the name of the site though, grrr. :evil:
http://www.gameseek.co.uk
Excellent, just checked it out, It's the only place in the world so far that seems to have Wii-Play in stock!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

video-gamer-girl

Post by video-gamer-girl » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:06 pm

I love my wii to i have even created a jesus wii me for fun, no i am not relegious

wadley101

Post by wadley101 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:19 pm

Resi Evil is brilliant, one of the best games Ive played and have not been a fan of Resi games before.

Zelda is great too and easy to get into. Took me 60 hours to finish.

I agree about not too many AAA games coming out a once as there are not enough hours in the day.

Trying to finish Bioshock on the PC before my Mario Galaxy arrives, but got interupted by Tiger Woods 2008 and Crysis Demo.

Wadley101

pocketmego

Post by pocketmego » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:51 am

I can't lie. I got bored after a while with my Wii and realized that I needed to trade it in for a more modern console. I chose the Xbox 360 and haven't looked back. I'm EXTREMELY happy with my purchase.

-Ray