Gamecube prices, annoying.....

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Dizzyegg05

Post by Dizzyegg05 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:23 am

Pokemon seems to be the dearest game out there for cube fans now!

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:55 am

Went into CEX in Manchester today. Zelda: TP for the 'Cube was £40 seconf hand...ouch.
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

Lord Innit

Post by Lord Innit » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:45 pm

learnedrobb wrote:Went into CEX in Manchester today. Zelda: TP for the 'Cube was £40 seconf hand...ouch.
That's criminal.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:08 pm

In Game today I saw a GBA game pre-owned for £24.99

James Bond

Post by James Bond » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:26 am

Now before I ask this I want to state something, although I like collecting games of huge value, I would never consider selling them, or ripping people off on Ebay, I would just like to add some real rare stuff to my collection. Right about now the rarest thing I probably own is 'Mr Driller' for the Dreamcast, and that's not even rare, just overpriced on Ebay :oops:

If I bought the likes of Mario Baseball and Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii edition) would it still hold it's value, if it were NTSC?
My HD DVD/Blu Ray Collection:

http://romeos.dvdaf.com/owned

GarryG

Post by GarryG » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:57 am

As far as e-bay is concerned my problem is that, apart from the BIG obvious things, I don't really know how rare or common most of what I have is!

And it dosn't help that the perception of 'rare' seems to entirely bepend on who you are talking to (and whether they are buying or selling!) ;)

I've been told that both 'Tech Romancer' and 'MAKEN X' were relatively rare Dreamcast titles, then told that they are both very common.

Personaly I don't think they are very common, as I don't see them in Game Station on a regular basis, but I also wouldn't neceseraly call them rare!

I thik it's all the middle stuff that gets lost in the rare/common debates.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:12 pm

James Bond wrote:Now before I ask this I want to state something, although I like collecting games of huge value, I would never consider selling them, or ripping people off on Ebay, I would just like to add some real rare stuff to my collection. Right about now the rarest thing I probably own is 'Mr Driller' for the Dreamcast, and that's not even rare, just overpriced on Ebay :oops:
Rarity, at least in pricing temers, is not actually a function of how many exist at all. It's a function of how many of those people want to sell :)
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

James Bond

Post by James Bond » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:18 pm

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=002

Not a bad deal eh lads? my maximum bid was £50 8)

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:44 pm

GarryG wrote:As far as e-bay is concerned my problem is that, apart from the BIG obvious things, I don't really know how rare or common most of what I have is!

And it dosn't help that the perception of 'rare' seems to entirely bepend on who you are talking to (and whether they are buying or selling!) ;)

I've been told that both 'Tech Romancer' and 'MAKEN X' were relatively rare Dreamcast titles, then told that they are both very common.

Personaly I don't think they are very common, as I don't see them in Game Station on a regular basis, but I also wouldn't neceseraly call them rare!

I thik it's all the middle stuff that gets lost in the rare/common debates.
i sold maken x recently on ebay for about a fiver including postage. it wasnt in the proper dreamcast case but in a snap case.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

knight_beat

Post by knight_beat » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:16 am

Asda are selling off cheap Cube games. I spotted Wave Race and some Mario Golf game for £7 each.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:48 am

knight_beat wrote:Asda are selling off cheap Cube games. I spotted Wave Race and some Mario Golf game for £7 each.

our asda isnt. its still selling loads of chuff that they cant shift, like HITMAN BLOOD MONEY on the 360.

will they have them on the site, do you think?
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

batman877

Post by batman877 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:00 am

knight_beat wrote:Asda are selling off cheap Cube games. I spotted Wave Race and some Mario Golf game for £7 each.
This must be really old stock as Asda stopped stocking CUBE games around summer of 2005!

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:03 pm

Wils wrote:
paranoid marvin wrote:SNES Super Star Wars still sells for £14.99 at my local GS
In my local GS, they're selling SNES Illusion of Time for nearly 30 quid, although I actually think this has come *down* in price from what is was before.
I can better that. The Gamestation I use most (Milton Keynes) is selling SNES Secret Of Mana for £59.99. And that's WITHOUT the instruction manual, folks!!!

The same shop is also charging £34.99 for a second hand copy of Chibi-Robo now. whereas I bought mine from there last year brand new for £27.99. Go figure. The world's gone mad.

Wildnites

Post by Wildnites » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:28 pm

ToxieDogg wrote:I can better that. The Gamestation I use most (Milton Keynes) is selling SNES Secret Of Mana for £59.99. And that's WITHOUT the instruction manual, folks!!!
A year ago I saw a copy of Secret of Mana in GS at Maidstone, it didn't have the map and the box was badly damaged and torn, that was also £59.99!!!
Please Sir I cannot tell a lie......

James Bond

Post by James Bond » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:47 pm

Got another one today

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=008

Not for me mind, my dad has been after it for a while now, he's only got a Gamecube, so no point in him getting the Wii version. I'll have the star points though.