Page 2 of 3

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:49 pm
by TMR
Ooh, thought of another one; Insector X. It's an older Megadrive title so it's nothing special technically, but it's a great little horizontal blaster and even if you've played the NES or arcade versions, even looks different since it's not cutesy on the Megadrive!

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:58 pm
by JetSetWilly
as some have said:

Streets of Rage 1-3
Golden Axe 1-3
Sonic (any)
Zero Wing (what happen? All your base are belonging to us! are they? do i really give a sh!te?)
Thunderforce 3 and 4
the immortal
Zombies ate my neighbors
Ranger X (totally excellent game! worth tracking down at any price!)
T2 The Arcade Game (if you get a Menacer light gun, too! Trust me, its worth it!)
Alien 3 (....i liked it!)
Aladdin (if you like platformers)
BATMAN (1989 Sega release)
i also have to agree with Gunstar heroes. I was lucky enough to get it in the Classic collection with three other games mentioned. Totaly excellent blast! only managed to comlpete it once! but its recommened in two player mode

if i think of more, ill post.

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:01 pm
by thl
Alien Soldier
Alien Storm
Castlevania: The New Generation
Chaos Engine
Columns
Desert Strike
Ghouls 'n' Ghosts
Gods
Gynoug (import)
Hellfire (import)
Jungle Strike
Kid Chameleon
Probotector
Rocket Knight Adventure
Shadow Dancer
Speedball II: Brutal Deluxe
Strider
Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster's Hidden Treasure
Traysia
Urban Strike
WWF Raw


Also don't forget the Mega Drive Game Adapter which may come in handy.

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:31 pm
by JetSetWilly
thl wrote:Alien Soldier
Alien Storm
Castlevania: The New Generation
Chaos Engine
Columns
Desert Strike
Ghouls 'n' Ghosts
Gods
Gynoug (import)
Hellfire (import)
Jungle Strike
Kid Chameleon
Probotector
Rocket Knight Adventure
Shadow Dancer
Speedball II: Brutal Deluxe
Strider
Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster's Hidden Treasure
Traysia
Urban Strike
WWF Raw


Also don't forget the Mega Drive Game Adapter which may come in handy.

you know, i totally forgot about Desert Strike, Urban Strike and Gynoug! three games that zapped my youth away from me! did anyone have the amiga version and if so, did it crash at mission three like my three copies did?

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:38 pm
by paranoid marvin
Aladdin is one (if not the?) best FUN platformer - although I guess you already know that seeing as you've got it!

I have not played It Came From The Desert on the MD , but if it's anywhere near as good as the Amiga version (with no disk swapping!) then it's got to be a consideration (that's if you can find it for sale)

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:15 pm
by SpecChum81
Jungle Strike, Desert Strike and Urban Strike. In the words of Smokey Robinson I Second That Emothion!

How could I forget thos?

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:26 pm
by Madge
paranoid marvin wrote: I have not played It Came From The Desert on the MD
I have. It's an APPALLING overhead shooter. Apparently it was never actually released but you can get the ROM, legally, from the Cinemaware website along with most of their other games from that era. Registration required.

http://www.cinemaware.com

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:16 pm
by Sabreman
Well, my absolute favourite game on the Megadrive is Granada X. Some nice tactical gameplay, great visuals with some neat effects and a top soundtrack.

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:19 pm
by Sega2006
Streets of Rage 1 to 3
Sonics- Why not get all of them on standerd MD for a full set
Zero Tolerance- If you loved DooM you'll love this
Dragons Fury- May be better to get in its Devil crash form if possible
Thunderforce 4
Castlevania- Awsome, Challangeing but not as annoying as the first
Mega Games series- 3 games on 1 cart, with some great games
Street Fighter 2
Comix Zone- If you dont like this, you have issues
Ghost Busters- Best of the tie in
Pirates- Sid Miers classic without loading times
MJ's Moonwalker- Very very cheesy but a bit of a laugh
AfterBurner- Its ok, but to be honest get Sega ages for the Saturn if you have one as its an arcade perfect port minus the hydralics

Theres many more to chose from, I may take a look through my HD for some hidden gems tomorrow and get back to you

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:24 pm
by paranoid marvin
Madge wrote:
paranoid marvin wrote: I have not played It Came From The Desert on the MD
I have. It's an APPALLING overhead shooter. Apparently it was never actually released but you can get the ROM, legally, from the Cinemaware website along with most of their other games from that era. Registration required.

http://www.cinemaware.com
ICFTD for MD is an overhead shooter?
The screen shots I saw of it made it look identical to the Amiga version

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:17 pm
by thl
Few more MD games to add:

Dynamite Headdy
ESWAT
Flashback
Forgotten Worlds
Pac-Mania
Pete Sampras Tennis
The Punisher
Robocop vs. Terminator
Sparkster

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:08 am
by djcarlos
Did no-one else notice this a few posts up....

"Censored Tracy"

:lol:

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:14 am
by paranoid marvin
djcarlos wrote:Did no-one else notice this a few posts up....

"Censored Tracy"

:lol:
:D

Perhaps he should have put Willy Tracy

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:00 am
by SexyWayne
Smash TV - a excellent conversion, more challenging than the arcade version imo, as you have limited continues

Road Rash II

Thunderforce II & III

Contra: Hard Corps

Gunstar Heroes

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:58 am
by GarryG
Oh, I forgot to reccomend: Herzog Zwei