Bad Gaming Habits

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Urbanator

Re: Bad Gaming Habits

Post by Urbanator » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:19 am

I have a really bad habit of re-loading my gun too often in FPS games. Ive been doing it since FPS games first had the function. I didnt ever think it was a problem until i started playing online but ive now lost count of the times ive been killed through constantly re-loading.

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:23 am

I used to have that problem on counter-strike, now I tend to hide when I reload. :lol:
Logged out 15/07/2014.

lanky316

Post by lanky316 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:38 am

I'm another swearsalot person who tilts as I go around corners. On G1 Jockey I'll also try and drive to the finish treating the pad as the horses reins.

Following the Slipknot tracks coming out for Rock Band I've taken up playing while wearing a "Death" mask, makes singing harder but strangely satisfying...

I have habit of leaving games for ages then coming back, then swearing and pad/mouse throwing a lot having forgot most of the tricks I picked up. Case in point last night Madden10, my Superbowl winning side left for a couple of months two games, two 50point+ losing margins :(

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:45 pm

Rinoa wrote:- I punch my leg if I get REALLY frustrated
Guilty as charged, guv. :oops: :oops: I'll add that to my list too. :oops:

I've given myself a few nasty bruises in my time, thanks to difficult parts of games.

Another one...on RPGs, I just don't like using items much for some reason....I feel compelled to save them for a harder part of the game that usually never comes because my characters have levelled up a lot by then. Therefore, if I take an accidental hit during a fight with an easy enemy, rather than just use a healing item and continuing, I'll actually reset back to my last save point and keep retrying the area until I manage it with full or near full energy and no items used. :oops:
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

gamingafter40

Post by gamingafter40 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:53 pm

Worst habit is getting well into a game, then getting distracted by another game -- to the point that when I return to the original game, I've forgotten where I was and what I was doing and have to start over. The daunting prospect tends to mean I NEVER finish that game. And of course the process nests and loops, and in the end means I have THRICE started Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and each time failed to finish it.
-- Dale at GamingAfter40 -- http://www.gamingafter40.com

Juggernaut Headcrush

Post by Juggernaut Headcrush » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:43 pm

There seems to be a shortage of PS2 controllers in Glasgow. I've had to buy a new one twice this year, having stomped them into the floor in a Garamsythe Waterway fuelled rage, and I've had trouble finding anywhere that sold them.

Even my 360 controllers have had a close shave or two...the cost of replacing them stays my hand/foot, though.

bonerlaw

Post by bonerlaw » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:14 pm

Rinoa wrote:- I punch my leg if I get REALLY frustrated
Maybe its the Northener in me, maybe its the years of Rugby, maybe its because im slightly insane.....but I punch myself repeatedly in the head if a game is driving me potty!!!!!!

:oops:

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:03 am

Eating greasy food while playing and getting the controller as slick as veggie oil :roll: Or getting it sticky from Jagermeister :lol: