What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:46 am

Got a US Nes coming so I can finally play my games in 60Hz which should turn up this week :D
Also managed to find a complete copy of Megaman 7, now I only need to find Megaman X3.

I also got cheap copies of Spiderman the animated series for Snes and Megadrive as well as Sipderman Separation Anxiety for the Megadrive.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:25 am

Vagrant Story PS1 - I've heard good things about it, bought the game got it home and found that an official Sony Memory card had been left in the box, Result!!

Ikaruga DC - Been playing this to death on the gamecube, managed to score a copy of the DC version for a good price. 3 reasons why I'm buying this 1. Really intreagued to see how it plays and is presented on the DC 2. Another game to add to my DC shooter collection 3. Good price

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:40 am

I've got in the post Brunswick Pro Bowling for the Wii and Air Zonk for the PC Engine, may also try and pick up Halo 3 as well.
Splink!

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:52 am

felgekarp wrote:I've got in the post Brunswick Pro Bowling for the Wii and Air Zonk for the PC Engine, may also try and pick up Halo 3 as well.
What's Brunswick like? I love bowling on Wii sports so a wondered if this game is any good?

bigfreakypossum

Post by bigfreakypossum » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:28 am

witchfinder wrote:Bargain! You'll be wanting to get Crazy Taxi 2 at some point as well then... I think that was a Dreamcast exclusive wasn't it?
It was, until the recent PSP release.

Never liked it as much as the first. I'm wondering if I should give the X-box CT3 a chance. Anybody know if the backwards compatibility for this is ok on the 360?
One toot on this whistle will send you to a far away land!

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:23 am

Last week I acquired Halo 3, Sega Rally and Skate all on 360.
Too much gameplay, too little time :(

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:28 am

gmintyfresh wrote:
felgekarp wrote:I've got in the post Brunswick Pro Bowling for the Wii and Air Zonk for the PC Engine, may also try and pick up Halo 3 as well.
What's Brunswick like? I love bowling on Wii sports so a wondered if this game is any good?
I'll let you know when I get it, When I said I've got in the post I meant they're in transit, sorry. I've only read one review of it but they gave it a decent write up and it was only 25 quid so I thought why not.
Splink!

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:33 am

Yes, let us know as it will make a great pressie for the girlfriend (she kicks my arse on Wii Sports bowling).

focusgaming

Post by focusgaming » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:25 pm

I am trying to collect the Nintendo Game & Watches, so was happy to buy Blackjack this week.

Also recently added Panzer Dragoon and Baku Baku for the Saturn. Also building up my Mario's with Super Smash Bros for N64...
Lee
Focus Gaming (UK)
http://www.focusgaming.co.uk

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:39 pm

SirClive wrote:Yes, let us know as it will make a great pressie for the girlfriend (she kicks my arse on Wii Sports bowling).
I almost bought Brunswick for Mrs Ant last week, but the videos and reviews I've seen online ripped it to shreds. Weirdly, there's no 'behind the player' view when you're actually bowling and the motion controls are very poor. From the reviews I read, it appears the game is a straight conversion from PS2 with limited motion control tagged on. Wii Sports blows it away for playability.

Maybe felgekarp will convince us otherwise, but I'm not taking a punt on it based on those reviews.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:34 pm

focusgaming wrote:I am trying to collect the Nintendo Game & Watches, so was happy to buy Blackjack this week.

Also recently added Panzer Dragoon and Baku Baku for the Saturn. Also building up my Mario's with Super Smash Bros for N64...
Good luck on the Game & Watch's. 1 day I want to amass a collection but for now I'm content with Mario Bros, Zelda and Donkey Kong Junior!

Today I got lucky though and got a copy of SOUKYUGURENTAI complete for £20. Can't wait to get it!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:36 pm

Frank Bruno's Boxing - C16 was my most most recent purchase :lol: 8)

and I also got a Dreamcast from Blackpool Gamestation for £20 - I also got the following games with my Dreamcast:

F335 Challenge
Sega Rally Championship
Virtual Striker 2000
Grand Theft Auto 2

Not bad for £20!

DanDan the sega man

Post by DanDan the sega man » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:32 pm

Grand theft auto-liberty city stories {ps2}
Real bout special + X men vs street fighter-jap saturn games{ cant play them yet see action replay for sega saturn thread}
The need for speed- saturn.
alien trilogy- saturn.
"D"- saturn. £13 off e-bay.
Worms- saturn.
Fighting vipers- saturn.
earthworm jim 2- saturn {rock hard}
sega GT- Dreamcast.

dark_thunder

Post by dark_thunder » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:50 pm

GrimGrimoire, Odin Sphere and Valkyrie Profile Silmeria for PS2, now I only need lots of free time to actually play them .................

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:58 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:
SirClive wrote:Yes, let us know as it will make a great pressie for the girlfriend (she kicks my arse on Wii Sports bowling).
I almost bought Brunswick for Mrs Ant last week, but the videos and reviews I've seen online ripped it to shreds. Weirdly, there's no 'behind the player' view when you're actually bowling and the motion controls are very poor. From the reviews I read, it appears the game is a straight conversion from PS2 with limited motion control tagged on. Wii Sports blows it away for playability.

Maybe felgekarp will convince us otherwise, but I'm not taking a punt on it based on those reviews.
F*ck it, I've cancelled it.
Splink!