What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

will2097

Post by will2097 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:48 am

I got Halo 3 today too.

davrho

Post by davrho » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:14 pm

I bought Halo3 and Sega Rally today. I too cant play them as the 3 red rings hit the 360 last monday.

sonic91

Post by sonic91 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:19 pm

Went to Game today to buy a pre-owned PS2 to replace my knackered one. Waited for 5 minutes in the Q, then waited 15 minutes for the girl who served me to come out from the back with the console. When I got home, the console has the same problem as my current one, the laser clicks and I get a disc read error on all the discs. Seems to me that Game don't actually test trade-in consoles, they just see another money-making opportunity. I know this as I traded a broken PS1 a few years back and they took it and gave me credit, no questions asked. Then I went to Gamestation to get a game replaced (I was given a 2nd hand copy of Pro Evo 6 on the DS last week instead of a new one), the Q was out the door and I stood for half an hour waiting to be served while the staff idly chatted amongst themselves, totally oblivious to the people waiting and then eventually when I got served, the guy took the game from me and went to the back, and was gone for ages. I eventually got a replacement but not after standing around for an unacceptable amount of time. Tomorrow I'm finally going to get some shelves from Ikea to display my consoles on. Went in there today and got lost!
Fight the good fight of faith,
Lay hold on Eternal life.

-1 Timothy 6:12-

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:25 pm

I would NEVER buy a second hand console that was otherwise available new in the shops. In the long run ,it simply isn't worth it
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

MC1

Post by MC1 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:30 pm

You might get a knackered one that Sonic91 has just traded in.

Now that isnt very honest is it? :evil:

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:02 pm

finally managed to myself a copy of FEAR for the 360 off ebay. best 15 quid i ever spent

unless....................

you count buying BOTOOM LIVE 3 and 4 as a double disc set for 6.99 as just about an excellent bargain as well
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

Post by * » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:11 pm

Faceball 2000 for the monochrome Gameboy, £2.99 (cart only). Why settle for derivative knock off clones like Halo 3 when I can have the original for a fraction of the price? :D

Also got Gradius Collection and Xyanide: Resurrection for the PSP.

zerocool

Post by zerocool » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:48 pm

I so want a 360, but after my last one I'm really worried about the reliability? Mine only lasted a week, got it back and it went again. I ended up selling it in the end as it spent more time with Microsoft support than with me! Although the person that has it now hasn't had any problems and has gained a 3 year warranty. I'm a bit gutted!

martin_lovick

Post by martin_lovick » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:51 pm

picked up halo 3 limited edition on thursday from woolies in lyme regis for 37.99

ive been away for the last week so havent really been playing a lot of games (apart from on my playpal)

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:02 pm

sonic91 wrote:the console has the same problem as my current one, the laser clicks and I get a disc read error on all the discs. Seems to me that Game don't actually test trade-in consoles, they just see another money-making opportunity. I know this as I traded a broken PS1 a few years back
As much as I'm not a believer in karma, this is funny.
I so want a 360, but after my last one I'm really worried about the reliability? Mine only lasted a week, got it back and it went again. I ended up selling it in the end as it spent more time with Microsoft support than with me! Although the person that has it now hasn't had any problems and has gained a 3 year warranty. I'm a bit gutted!
Why didn't you just take it back to the place you bought it from?
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

sonic91

Post by sonic91 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:33 am

Dudley wrote:
sonic91 wrote:the console has the same problem as my current one, the laser clicks and I get a disc read error on all the discs. Seems to me that Game don't actually test trade-in consoles, they just see another money-making opportunity. I know this as I traded a broken PS1 a few years back
As much as I'm not a believer in karma, this is funny.
"What goes around comes around", I get it. It is funny actually, I guess I deserved that! :lol:
Fight the good fight of faith,
Lay hold on Eternal life.

-1 Timothy 6:12-

BennyTheGreek

Post by BennyTheGreek » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:47 am

sonic91 wrote: I know this as I traded a broken PS1 a few years back and they took it and gave me credit, no questions asked. !

The shamen said it perfect in Ebeneezer Goode:

Naughty naughty very very naughty

:evil:

stejay

Post by stejay » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:53 am

Got an NES, Super mario bros. and super mario bros 3 this morning.

Pleased and excited. Playing it now as we speak..

Confessor

Post by Confessor » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:00 am

Syphon Filter for psx.

sirclive1

Post by sirclive1 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:01 am

To sirclive (yes it was payday !!)

Just picked up gears of war for the 2nd time , gonna try and get stuck into it this time (£8 off a car boot)
Luxor the moonprince - Doomguard Slayer