What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:43 am

BennyTheGreek wrote:
SirClive wrote:Come on guys, lets not fall out.

Benny - the forum is moderated so if anything is posted that is out of order then we will do something about it (but please feel free to PM to make sure we haven't missed anything).
I don't think there has been anything inflamatory or derogatory in the posts as they are merely stating an opinion (that has been discussed elsewhere on the forum) about the merits of owning sealed items. Hence no action was taken.
Why dont you tell Dudley to stop being a smart arse???

More posts than me or is he a mate???
Oh for f's sake.

You took my post completely wrongly and threw your toys out of the pram.

When other people pointed this out you threw more toys.

And now when a mod tells you you got it completely wrong you accuse them of being biased.

Seriously, know when to give up.

And once again it wasn't even YOUR damn post!

And now I look and YOU'VE made a post joking about factory sealing but apparently if I do it's harassment but when you make a weak copy of my post it's the height of humour?
To be honest, I think "posting power" has gone to Dudley's head. He is a respected member of these forums, but I can't be the only one to think that just because he's 3rd highest in the posting rankings he may think he can look down on everyone who has less posts than he has.
You know how long I've know I'm 3rd? Since I read that post. I have no idea how many posts Benny has made and I don't even remember the nickname of the person who actually posted.

Have I mentioned someone's post count ever? I don't think so. Have I ever participated in the "Oh look at me I have 1000 posts" threads? No. So I'd like to see the slightest evidence for that allegation or you to just admit you're just carrying a grudge based on someone daring to have opposing religious views to you, making your location an utter joke.

Whereas in your case, you've held a grudge about me posting 1 picture for many, many months, which is really quite sad.
sonic91 wrote:Today I bought Pro Evo Soccer 6 for the Nintendo DS, brand new. But what a freakish coincidence: I went to the online mode, just to see if it would connect, and it read "sonic 91" across the touch screen! :shock: I had never been prompted to enter any profile name when I started the game and the game itself is brand new!
It read it from the machine.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:17 am

Right, this is the last post on this subject as I will delete any further attempts to start a turf war or derail an interesting thread.
BennyTheGreek wrote:Why dont you tell Dudley to stop being a smart arse???
More posts than me or is he a mate???
I take moderating this forum seriously, I spend a lot of my time on the forum and it is a subject I am passionate about.
I did not feel the need to tell Dudley anything as 'being a smart arse' is not against the AUP and nothing he said was inflamatory or derogatory (as already stated).

As to the mate/high post count jibe, that pisses me off to be honest. I class everyone on this forum as an aquaintance. The only ones I would call mates are people I know outside of this forum (like Opa-Opa) and if I show them any favouritism then I would expect one of the other mods to pick me up on it.
sonic91 wrote:To be honest, I think "posting power" has gone to Dudley's head. He is a respected member of these forums, but I can't be the only one to think that just because he's 3rd highest in the posting rankings he may think he can look down on everyone who has less posts than he has.
It is posts like this that really wind me up. I have posted to ask people to play nice and you jump in with another attempt to derail the thread because of previous issues. If you have a problem with any forum member then PM a mod. Don't use other threads to get a dig in.

I am normally quite an easy going mod, but any more crap will just get deleted with no explanation (and yes tha is to everyone and not just those with low post counts).

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:20 am

I bought Test Drive Unlimited and King Kong on 360 from an acquaintance btw

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:25 am

Dudley wrote:I bought Test Drive Unlimited and King Kong on 360 from an acquaintance btw
Any good?

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:27 am

I had a cheeky go of TDu before posting it. If it hadn't have sold I would have kept it as its pretty good.

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:29 am

Shame my 360's bust. I know you can send 360's back to MS now, but it's been opened - my mate decided to 'have a look at it' after it died, so I think that possibly invalidates any warranty I may of had with MS.

The Penultimate Ninja

Post by The Penultimate Ninja » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:42 am

...Anyway, I bought Shadowrun on 360 this week. (Twice, because I'm an idiot on ebay)

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:13 am

woody.cool wrote:Shame my 360's bust. I know you can send 360's back to MS now, but it's been opened - my mate decided to 'have a look at it' after it died, so I think that possibly invalidates any warranty I may of had with MS.
Given the minimal costs involved, I'd be inclined to send it back anyway. I doubt a company the size of MS is going to bother too much about the odd replacement that's not strictly within limits. You could always argue it was opened in the period between warranty expiring and the new extended warranty announcement, so you couldn't have known you still had a warranty to void.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:17 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:
woody.cool wrote:Shame my 360's bust. I know you can send 360's back to MS now, but it's been opened - my mate decided to 'have a look at it' after it died, so I think that possibly invalidates any warranty I may of had with MS.
Given the minimal costs involved, I'd be inclined to send it back anyway. I doubt a company the size of MS is going to bother too much about the odd replacement that's not strictly within limits. You could always argue it was opened in the period between warranty expiring and the new extended warranty announcement, so you couldn't have known you still had a warranty to void.
Not a bad idea :idea: Why didn't I think of that?

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:31 am

There's no legal reason that would work by the way.

But it's worth a shot.

Kickboxingshrimp

Post by Kickboxingshrimp » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:08 am

preordered today......

and bought

Stay Tuna`d

www.kickboxingshrimp.com

Xbox Live Account : KBS Dot Com

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:10 am

No, not legal, but it does give a reasonable explanation for opening it.

In terms of costs etc, its probably not worth the hassle to MS to query too many of these. The bad PR will outweigh the replacement. As a goodwill thing they're likely to ante up with at least a refurb or some form of credit.

Given the current option is 'bin it', I'd spend postage to give it a go. Can't hurt and a lot cheaper than a new 360.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

stvd

Post by stvd » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:56 pm

Return to Castle Wolfenstein - Xbox
Bioshock - 360
Blue Dragon - 360

sscott

new stuff

Post by sscott » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:02 pm

Beat this. Went to Hathersage (in peaks) Car boot today and picked up a sega saturn + 2 games, Mega Drive II + 1 game plus 1 first gen and 1 pocket GB, all for...£2. I kid you not! All work.
Take that Gamestation!

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:20 pm

Kickboxingshrimp wrote:bought

The messenger pad is ace. Don't know how I managed without it