What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26509
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:08 pm

Atari Tax Avoiders is a new one on me. I imagine that flew off the shelves on name alone. What were marketing thinking with a name like that? :lol:
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24297
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by DPrinny » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:08 am

Image

Been waiting for this bugger to hit the twenty quid price point
Antiriad2097 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:08 pm
Atari Tax Avoiders is a new one on me. I imagine that flew off the shelves on name alone. What were marketing thinking with a name like that? :lol:
At least it isnt like this one

Image

Should of looked at the label before expecting a little green guy
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26509
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:51 am

That's Hagar the Horrible! 8)
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

pratty
Posts: 5270
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:13 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by pratty » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:15 pm

Pokemon Sun, my first Pokemon game.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
[url]viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823[/url

ALK
Posts: 2844
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:01 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by ALK » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:17 pm

pratty wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:15 pm
Pokemon Sun, my first Pokemon game.
Pretty decent choice, I felt Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon messed about with Sun/Mon's story too much so its good you're seeing it as originally intended. This is also where they shake things up a bit by doing away with Gym Leaders and having Island Trials instead.

Best of luck and enjoy. ;)
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

pratty
Posts: 5270
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:13 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by pratty » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:42 pm

ALK wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:17 pm
pratty wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:15 pm
Pokemon Sun, my first Pokemon game.
Pretty decent choice, I felt Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon messed about with Sun/Mon's story too much so its good you're seeing it as originally intended. This is also where they shake things up a bit by doing away with Gym Leaders and having Island Trials instead.

Best of luck and enjoy. ;)
Thanks, though I don't know when I'll get around to it. :oops:

I'd been thinking of trying a Pokemon game for a while, and I really liked the look of Incineroar in the new Smash Bros. who I believe debuted in this game, so it seemed like a good game to pick up. Also much cheaper than the new Let's Go game for Switch where I'd have felt obliged to pick up the Pokeball controller aswell.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
[url]viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823[/url

ALK
Posts: 2844
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:01 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by ALK » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:08 pm

pratty wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:42 pm
ALK wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:17 pm
pratty wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:15 pm
Pokemon Sun, my first Pokemon game.
Pretty decent choice, I felt Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon messed about with Sun/Mon's story too much so its good you're seeing it as originally intended. This is also where they shake things up a bit by doing away with Gym Leaders and having Island Trials instead.

Best of luck and enjoy. ;)
Thanks, though I don't know when I'll get around to it. :oops:

I'd been thinking of trying a Pokemon game for a while, and I really liked the look of Incineroar in the new Smash Bros. who I believe debuted in this game, so it seemed like a good game to pick up. Also much cheaper than the new Let's Go game for Switch where I'd have felt obliged to pick up the Pokeball controller aswell.
Thats right, its pre-evolved form (Litten) is one of the starter Pokemon you get to pick when you start out, but shouldnt take too long before it evolves into Torracat then again into Incineroar.

Yeah as I mentioned, Let's Go is a little too directly aimed at the Pokemon Go fanbase and has in general divided the entire fanbase due to its dumbed down mechanics and a bit too much hand holding. While Sun/Moon does have a bit of this hand holding, it's more than ideal for someone like yourself that's just starting on their first Pokemon adventure but have enough challenge down the road that won't feel like an easy walk in the park.

I would only recommend Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon only after a long period after finishing Sun as its basically the same story but with changes that I didnt care for. Its actually what got me burnt out on this current gen of Pokemon and I'm what they call a Pokemaniac. :lol: Let's Go will be a time waster for me but I'm hoping Gen 8 will be a refreshing new adventure I can really get into next year.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

pratty
Posts: 5270
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:13 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by pratty » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:05 am

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for the Wii U.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
[url]viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823[/url

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24297
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by DPrinny » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:11 pm

Image

This years PC Engine buy
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

User avatar
learnedrobb
Posts: 1271
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:17 pm
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by learnedrobb » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:05 pm

A 3DO and some games. Killing Time, Twisted, FIFA, PGA 96, Captain Quasar, Need For Speed, and Samurai Showdown.

A nice,early 40th birthday present from my wife.
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24297
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by DPrinny » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:50 pm

Image

My CD32 is getting a bit of a boost
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

User avatar
merman
Posts: 6286
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:14 pm
Location: Skegness, UK
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by merman » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:44 pm

Pokemon Pinball (Game Boy Color)
Farming Simulator 2019 (C64 cartridge)
Hibernated 1 pre-order (C64 3.5" disk)
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

User avatar
rocky1980
Posts: 3300
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:24 pm
Location: Bonnie Scotland

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by rocky1980 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:00 am

Dead Cells Ps4
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24297
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by DPrinny » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:03 am

Image

Finally got it for a decent price
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

User avatar
SJ_Sathanas
Posts: 1895
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:16 pm
Location: Kent

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:59 pm

That's a joke, right? Like Monkey Tennis?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests