What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Black Ridge

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Black Ridge » Sun May 21, 2017 11:12 am

^^ Capcom fighters/shooters, Cannon Spike, Samba with maracas.... If you are made of money :D

I guess its fine if you are happy to burn a load of games to disc but that doesn't look good at events. Nor would using Playstation controllers.

I'm not a fan of the Dreamcast anymore. I used to love it years ago, but over the years I think that I've come to dislike a lot about it. Unreliable hardware, poor controller, limited and painfully average library. It does have a great deal of arcade titles, but a lot of which are poor games/conversions. I'm big on fighting games but there is nothing there that stands out especially when you consider the great offerings the Saturn/PS1 had.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun May 21, 2017 11:31 am

Black Ridge wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 11:12 am
^^ Capcom fighters/shooters, Cannon Spike, Samba with maracas.... If you are made of money :D

I guess its fine if you are happy to burn a load of games to disc but that doesn't look good at events. Nor would using Playstation controllers.

I'm not a fan of the Dreamcast anymore. I used to love it years ago, but over the years I think that I've come to dislike a lot about it. Unreliable hardware, poor controller, limited and painfully average library. It does have a great deal of arcade titles, but a lot of which are poor games/conversions. I'm big on fighting games but there is nothing there that stands out especially when you consider the great offerings the Saturn/PS1 had.
Same, used to like it
Controllers wise, DC pads are cheap and feel cheap, the actual Dreamcast sticks go for stupid money
What I mean by controls is stuff like Outtrigger would be perfect for events, but the default controls for it are so stupidly layed out people spend half the time trying to figure them out, unless changed, but some prat always resets the console so all the options are reset.
You really dont want to stick out a expensive game at upscale events and bootlegs look unprofessional, unless they at least try to look it with labels on the disc

Theres not really any unknown games on it, a lot of the best games got better versions on other systems
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Sun May 21, 2017 1:54 pm

Black Ridge wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 11:12 am

I was not talking about using the adaptors to use actual playstation controllers. Dreamcast arcade sticks are expensive and ypu can use cheaper alternatives, some of which do not have any Ps logos on them.

and if you have a region free DC then the cost of those SNK and Capcom fighters drop dramatically.

Analog

Post by Analog » Mon May 22, 2017 6:31 pm

street fighter alpha anthology ps2
hitman 2 platinum ps2
devil may cry ps2
populous ps1
thps 2 ps1
street fighter ex2 plus ps1
c&c red alert platinum ps1

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Tue May 23, 2017 7:34 am

Downloaded Pac man Championship Edition 2 from PSN for the princely sum of £3.99 :D
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Tue May 23, 2017 7:38 am

Just managed to catch the last day of the XBL sale yesterday and downloaded Alien Hominid HD, Skullgirls, Centipede & Millipede, KOF '98 Ultimate Match and Putty Squad amongst others.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Tue May 23, 2017 5:31 pm

Just preordered Tekken 7 Deluxe, looking forward to it quite a bit. I haven't played any Tekken for a long while, I'll have to pretty much relearn Alisa and Leo

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Thu May 25, 2017 3:42 pm

fire pro g,pro wrestling sengokuden 2,theme aquirium atrain 5 and pachinko on jp psn atari flashback vol 1 and 2 on ps4 and scream ride on xb1 oh and harvest moon back to nature
Last edited by stayAwhile on Sat May 27, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This guy are sick

mr jenzie

Post by mr jenzie » Fri May 26, 2017 1:50 pm

two games that are BACK in my grubby hands .....
ImageImage

PLUS

just to see what all the fuss is about

DOUBLE PLUS

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Fri May 26, 2017 6:43 pm

Falcom Classics collection after seeing Riddler's post about it. Came to something like £9-£10 inc shipping from Japan

Nightmare Before Christmas NTSC as I fancied it years ago. Never saw a copy in shops and had since forgotten about it

binaryRooster

Post by binaryRooster » Fri May 26, 2017 10:48 pm

My local-ish Retro shop is closing down tomorrow so i went in today and bagged some boxed 2600 carts (40% off!). Very sad to see it go but i can understand why it's really difficult to run a dedicated retro games shop when everyone is getting in on the act.

Ryan GH

Post by Ryan GH » Sat May 27, 2017 11:25 am

We had Games-traders in Perth and their stores all closed down. Very very expensive retro section, its no wonder they went bust.

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Sat May 27, 2017 1:12 pm

I noticed my local Cex has an extensive range of Retro games at the moment; lots of SNES and N64, a handful of Mega Drive, Dreamcast and even Sega Saturn. I wonder where they are finding them all?
I also noticed the Gamecube section is much more pricey than the original Xbox. Decent games like Resi. Evil Remake and Resi. 4 for 6 and 7 quid each, Metroid Prime for £12, almost every Xbox game was a quid or so. I bought the Resi. games. A quick scan on ebay meant I was ok with the prices, given it's a shop and no postage to wait on. .

I've also paid on line for a modified Wii. Claims to have emulaors for all the usual 8 and 16bit machines, Gameboy Adance, N64 and the Gamecube controller ports.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun May 28, 2017 3:26 pm

Gravity Rush and Borderlands 'Handsome edition' in ps4 deals section. No idea when I'll play them though!

Ferret Oxide

Post by Ferret Oxide » Sun May 28, 2017 8:41 pm

I picked up a physical copy of 2Dark for the Xbone today. Haven't had much chance to play it, but I like the style at least.

Oh, and Injustice 2.