What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

User avatar
aztecca
Posts: 5216
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:18 pm
Location: http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by aztecca » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:26 am

1tb ps4 came with fifa 17 will probably trade that in.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

User avatar
aztecca
Posts: 5216
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:18 pm
Location: http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by aztecca » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:52 pm

Until dawn
Last of us remastered
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

AceGrace
Posts: 1357
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:51 pm
Location: West Sussex
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by AceGrace » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:08 am

Got these last week. Recore is cracking.

Image

Also, got all of these for £12 from a local Facebook group. Looks like someone was a Dynasty Warriors fan :-)

Image

kebabinho
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:41 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by kebabinho » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:04 am

fire ant C16/4
Treasure Island (although no map) C16/4

£2.99 each

User avatar
RodimusPrime
Posts: 4141
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by RodimusPrime » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:10 am

kebabinho wrote:fire ant C16/4
Treasure Island (although no map) C16/4

£2.99 each
2 games that define the C16/4 and my childhood for me. Along with punchy

pratty
Posts: 5402
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by pratty » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:16 pm

Super Mario 3D World and Pikmin 3 from the Nintendo Selects Range for the Wii U. Can't wait to get stuck into 3D World. :D
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

User avatar
David
Posts: 3861
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:05 am

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by David » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:00 am

A free mega drive courtesy of the very generous pantaloons.

Top bloke.

Now I just need some games
Last edited by David on Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11091
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:34 am

Strider Returns (Mega Drive) and Dragon Fantasy (a limited run Vita game) arrived today:
Imageimage by gouki16uk, on Flickr
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
Liamh1982
Posts: 8297
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:11 am
Location: Wrexham
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Liamh1982 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:49 am

Libero Grande (PS1) from a 2nd-hand bookshop of all places. Always wanted an actual copy as I've always liked the idea, even though it's somewhat lacking in the execution.

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11091
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:00 am

Always nice to have a big pile of stuff arrive in one day (well, Strider for the MD arrived yesterday...) I've been focusing on Capcom Disney titles and 90's console ports I've been missing this month and so far the following arrived:
Imageimage by gouki16uk, on Flickr

Mercs, Strider Returns (Master System and Mega Drive). Not pictured is the GG port of Strider Returns that I grabbed a fair while back. Returns sucks, I gave it a quick try and its terrible on all formats, gonna be a pain trying to complete it!

Imageimage by gouki16uk, on Flickr

My Little Mermaid and Who Framed Roger Rabbit. MLM was a Famicom game I was missing for quite a while so I'm happy I finally found one that is in good condition, Roger Rabbit I was a bit tepid about but according to Wikipedia, Shinji Mikami worked on the game, so I had to try it!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

English Invader
Posts: 465
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:13 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by English Invader » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:08 pm

Roger Rabbit is a good game. It's basically a simplistic Zelda clone with some neat cut scenes. Not the greatest game ever but certainly one of the better film tie-ins.

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11091
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:18 pm

English Invader wrote:Roger Rabbit is a good game. It's basically a simplistic Zelda clone with some neat cut scenes. Not the greatest game ever but certainly one of the better film tie-ins.
Good to hear, I look forward to playing through it :mrgreen:
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
Big Shoes
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:29 am
Location: Crawley

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Big Shoes » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:54 am

This has just arrived, looking forward to playing it tonight, and the Xbox looks awesome!

Image

Paul

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7522
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Shinobi » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:29 pm

ShadowMan wrote:Always nice to have a big pile of stuff arrive in one day (well, Strider for the MD arrived yesterday...) I've been focusing on Capcom Disney titles and 90's console ports I've been missing this month and so far the following arrived:
Imageimage by gouki16uk, on Flickr

Mercs, Strider Returns (Master System and Mega Drive). Not pictured is the GG port of Strider Returns that I grabbed a fair while back. Returns sucks, I gave it a quick try and its terrible on all formats, gonna be a pain trying to complete it!

Imageimage by gouki16uk, on Flickr

My Little Mermaid and Who Framed Roger Rabbit. MLM was a Famicom game I was missing for quite a while so I'm happy I finally found one that is in good condition, Roger Rabbit I was a bit tepid about but according to Wikipedia, Shinji Mikami worked on the game, so I had to try it!
I own the Gameboy Little Mermaid really good Capcom platformer but hard.. I agree on Strider 2 terrible and really broken I completed it back in the day.. The only thing I can remember was killing myself as the speech/cut scenes where really good.. I remember the game was really broken few enemies and a tight time limit and a really hard 'Solo' boss fight.. US God the so called conversion masters
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

User avatar
Sel Feena
Posts: 3506
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Sel Feena » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:02 pm

God Eater 2, apparently it's also got a download code for the first one. Wondering if it's worth bothering or if I should just skip it.
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests