What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

User avatar
gman72
Posts: 8017
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:41 pm
Location: UK. Norfolk

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by gman72 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:39 pm

Shinobi wrote:Well I was given a crystal X box for free of Aztecca and its censored hot!! He put all the beats of Rage games in there as well as the latest Streets of Rage Remake and and both Coin old and Premium.. Ton of X box games, load if PS1 games including Gunners Heaven and Harmful park, XJ7800, PC Engine CD, Daphane and all laserdiscs and Mega Cd games as well as the standard emulators.. Just been playing all the scrolling fighters like Violent Storm and Zero Team that finally work..

Black Ridge also sent me Super Famicom Operation Logic Bomb and several other games for free.. And my friend Tequillia gave me several PSP games for free including ghouls and ghost and a jap PS1 Gradious collection.. I also bought PS4 Ratchet and Clank and Tomb Raider £10 each!!

Also a further 10 PS3 and X Box games £1 each and several PS3 games from charity shop also £1 each
Glad to hear that you're finally on board with the original x box and coinOPS. They have worked hard to get a lot of those games that never worked correctly in a full working state. I know that it used to annoy you that certain games you needed to work wouldn't work properly but most of them now work perfectly or as close to perfect as he host platform will allow. The laser disc stuff looks amazing in 720p with the component cable.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

User avatar
silvergunner
Posts: 1918
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:09 pm
Location: Stockton

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by silvergunner » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:16 pm

Had to buy castle of illusion before it disappeared. Totally forgot about at as I hardly go online to buy games through live.

Not a bad title which I'm sure my son will love once he knows I have it.

flatapex
Posts: 2700
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 6:30 pm
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by flatapex » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:43 pm

ds:
ridge racer

psp:
need for speed undercover
medievil resurrection
Image

flatapex
Posts: 2700
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 6:30 pm
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by flatapex » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:44 pm

gman72 wrote:
Shinobi wrote:Well I was given a crystal X box for free of Aztecca and its censored hot!! He put all the beats of Rage games in there as well as the latest Streets of Rage Remake and and both Coin old and Premium.. Ton of X box games, load if PS1 games including Gunners Heaven and Harmful park, XJ7800, PC Engine CD, Daphane and all laserdiscs and Mega Cd games as well as the standard emulators.. Just been playing all the scrolling fighters like Violent Storm and Zero Team that finally work..

Black Ridge also sent me Super Famicom Operation Logic Bomb and several other games for free.. And my friend Tequillia gave me several PSP games for free including ghouls and ghost and a jap PS1 Gradious collection.. I also bought PS4 Ratchet and Clank and Tomb Raider £10 each!!

Also a further 10 PS3 and X Box games £1 each and several PS3 games from charity shop also £1 each
Glad to hear that you're finally on board with the original x box and coinOPS. They have worked hard to get a lot of those games that never worked correctly in a full working state. I know that it used to annoy you that certain games you needed to work wouldn't work properly but most of them now work perfectly or as close to perfect as he host platform will allow. The laser disc stuff looks amazing in 720p with the component cable.
tempted to get one but not sure if i should sort out more emulators for psp and hook it up to the tv instead
Image

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7522
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Shinobi » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:12 pm

gman72 wrote:
Shinobi wrote:Well I was given a crystal X box for free of Aztecca and its censored hot!! He put all the beats of Rage games in there as well as the latest Streets of Rage Remake and and both Coin old and Premium.. Ton of X box games, load if PS1 games including Gunners Heaven and Harmful park, XJ7800, PC Engine CD, Daphane and all laserdiscs and Mega Cd games as well as the standard emulators.. Just been playing all the scrolling fighters like Violent Storm and Zero Team that finally work..

Black Ridge also sent me Super Famicom Operation Logic Bomb and several other games for free.. And my friend Tequillia gave me several PSP games for free including ghouls and ghost and a jap PS1 Gradious collection.. I also bought PS4 Ratchet and Clank and Tomb Raider £10 each!!

Also a further 10 PS3 and X Box games £1 each and several PS3 games from charity shop also £1 each
Glad to hear that you're finally on board with the original x box and coinOPS. They have worked hard to get a lot of those games that never worked correctly in a full working state. I know that it used to annoy you that certain games you needed to work wouldn't work properly but most of them now work perfectly or as close to perfect as he host platform will allow. The laser disc stuff looks amazing in 720p with the component cable.
My X box experience was with older emulators and my coin ops was aweful.. Basically a list of text with all consoles mixed together half of which didn't work.. When talking to Arran via pm about X box emulating pgm games and all my favourite scrolling fighters In 720p I just had to have one..

So much nicer playing these games through a TV with awesome easy to navigate front ends.. Even Night Slashers uncensored works (not 100% perfect has slowdown) discovered several games I've not heard off.. PS1 emulation is great Ridge Racer has no sound and I have Spikeout, Dreamfall and all thE other X box games I want.. Not touched any other console other than Potrait of Ruin on DS since I had the X box..
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7522
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Shinobi » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:54 pm

My X Box

Image

Shinobi sighted but could be anyone Image

Some of the stuff I was given for free
Image

All the PS3/Xbox games where £1 each rest was free

Image
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

User avatar
gman72
Posts: 8017
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:41 pm
Location: UK. Norfolk

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by gman72 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:00 pm

Night Slashers is cool isn't it? I've been waiting ages to play that. Still no Planet Harriers though :(

I have Night Slashers Blood too which is a slightly jigged version.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

pratty
Posts: 5402
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by pratty » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:56 am

Rayman Legends Wii U. Gonna try to pick up Resi Evil Revelations today. Can't wait to play both of them.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7522
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Shinobi » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:42 am

gman72 wrote:Night Slashers is cool isn't it? I've been waiting ages to play that. Still no Planet Harriers though :(

I have Night Slashers Blood too which is a slightly jigged version.
The blood version they use crosses and other religious artefacts.. The Bor Night Slashers is superb think I prefer it as it's easier.. Used to Planet Harriers with the woman in Barry Island, don't think the model 3 games can be emulated..
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

User avatar
RodimusPrime
Posts: 4141
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by RodimusPrime » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:06 am

I don't use Emulation and only play physical games when I get them, but these modded Xboxes sound bloody really cool.

Mine is modded at the moment so I can play all region games ( and copies if I wanted to, but my stance on them is similar to emulation ) I do need to open it up and sort out the clock capacitor though.

All those great games to play means that everyones original games are being neglected and I think they should all be given a new home. ME.

User avatar
The Laird
Posts: 8496
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:01 am
Location: Luton
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by The Laird » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:30 am

I pretty much use my Xbox exclusively for MAME, I still buy original games for it, especially when my local CeX sells some of them for as little as 25p :shock:
Last edited by The Laird on Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
David
Posts: 3861
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:05 am

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by David » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:15 pm

Moved house this weekend and had a lot of extra expenses I hadn't accounted for so the xb1 had to go.

I now have a grand total of zero consoles :(

HisNHer_LP
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:18 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by HisNHer_LP » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:13 pm

David wrote:Moved house this weekend and had a lot of extra expenses I hadn't accounted for so the xb1 had to go.

I now have a grand total of zero consoles :(
That sucks, I saw you post it on here and was really tempted but I have slight OCD with modern machines that they all have to be black....

User avatar
David
Posts: 3861
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:05 am

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by David » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:18 pm

Going to keep an eye out for a mega drive when I get paid I think

User avatar
David
Posts: 3861
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:05 am

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by David » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:41 pm

Bought this for work

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262411650503

Has an sd card slot too was watching it on YouTube there actually looks not bad.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests