What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

shiftytigger

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by shiftytigger » Mon May 30, 2016 3:26 pm

Megamixer wrote:
shiftytigger wrote:Cross edge for PS3 - it goes on the to play pile for now as Ive also just received a bundle of Mega cd stuff and another duffer for my MD too
It's not good...it really isn't. This is coming from somebody who a) likes these sorts of JRPG's and b) is a huge Darkstalkers fanboy so was dead excited for a crossover RPG with Morrigan, Felicia etc. as playable characters.
Not even sure I can be arsed to play it now.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon May 30, 2016 4:42 pm

shiftytigger wrote:
Megamixer wrote:
shiftytigger wrote:Cross edge for PS3 - it goes on the to play pile for now as Ive also just received a bundle of Mega cd stuff and another duffer for my MD too
It's not good...it really isn't. This is coming from somebody who a) likes these sorts of JRPG's and b) is a huge Darkstalkers fanboy so was dead excited for a crossover RPG with Morrigan, Felicia etc. as playable characters.
Not even sure I can be arsed to play it now.
Didn't mean to put you off mate - apologies if I have...

I'd recommend at least giving it an hour because I'm fairly certain that you will make your mind up pretty quickly about whether to perservere or not.

I personally just found the presentation woeful, battle system needlessly elaborate and the dialogue dreadful (even by anime JRPG standards).

Give it a go though - Black Ridge likes it and he is a man of taste after all :wink:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Mon May 30, 2016 5:50 pm

^ I don't know about that. I'm well aware it's not great. But I fancied a game with a grind at the time. Much the same as Trinity Universe. Not a great game but I felt good by the end of it when my attacks did a billion damage :lol:

Never liked the Hyperdimension series though which is much the same but more

MES Records

Post by MES Records » Mon May 30, 2016 6:00 pm

Finally got Twilight Princess HD with the Amiibo for a reasonable price. Now on to my plan to play every Zelda game in order...

Bierlag

Post by Bierlag » Mon May 30, 2016 7:09 pm

JXD S192 on it's way to Argentina!! :D

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:22 am

Xcom, Downwell and Risk of Rain for the Vita. Since I completed a few indies last week I feel slightly less bad about picking up 3 more! I love this machine so much :lol:
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:56 am

To add to my Vita shelf:

No idea how good any of the above games are, but since I play anything and everything for the Vita I may end up being surprised...

Also, its very rare these days that I ever get to post a purchase like this, but... new Mega Man games for my collection!

Korean releases of X6 on the Playstation and X7 on the PC. X6 is a great looking special edition that I never knew existed, just happened to stumble across it on eBay one day! X7 is another awesome find, I have the big box PC release but never realised they did a nice small PC release. I wonder what my game total is up to now for my MM collection...
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:14 pm

^ Nice pickups! I can't wait to get MegaTagmension, I'm waiting for it to drop to £20 though.

Ferret Oxide

Post by Ferret Oxide » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:44 pm

D Generation on the Xbox One. It's an update of a game I always wanted for the Amiga. I must have spent hours playing the demos of this that came on cover discs.

The graphics and sound have been updated, but otherwise this is the original game. I look forward to finally playing through the whole game now.

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:39 pm

ShadowMan wrote:Xcom, Downwell and Risk of Rain for the Vita. Since I completed a few indies last week I feel slightly less bad about picking up 3 more! I love this machine so much :lol:
Xcom on the Vita? Really?

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:30 am

Treguard wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:Xcom, Downwell and Risk of Rain for the Vita. Since I completed a few indies last week I feel slightly less bad about picking up 3 more! I love this machine so much :lol:
Xcom on the Vita? Really?
Yeah. Its a bit glitchy and the frame rate has its issues, but its the full game on the Vita which is awesome in itself :mrgreen:

Big Shoes

Post by Big Shoes » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:16 am

Bought this on eBay, collected it yesterday. My Amiga broke last year so its nice to finally replace it.

Also got this with all leads and a box of games from the same guy, missing the Datacasette but not bad for £10

gunbladelad

Post by gunbladelad » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:15 am

I've not bought anything physical, but I dumped a tenner onto my Nintendo eshop account and picked up a couple of virtual console games (Super Metroid and Mario Kart 64). Still got a few quid left so I'll have a look about for something else later.
Where logic won't work, I will

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:48 am

Mad Dog McCree on the Wii.

DON'T JUDGE ME!!! :oops:

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:42 am

Big Shoes wrote:Bought this on eBay, collected it yesterday. My Amiga broke last year so its nice to finally replace it.

Also got this with all leads and a box of games from the same guy, missing the Datacasette but not bad for £10

Ah, the A500+ Cartoon Classics Bundle. I still love the Captain Planet game, despite it being ridiculously difficult and having a level where you push polar bears off clouds so they can walk home across the ozone layer.