What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

User avatar
RetroMartin
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by RetroMartin » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:20 am

Desert and Urban strike arrived on the megadrove yesterday. What great games they still are. Desert is a little slow and the SFX were greatly improved for the sequels but theyre great!
Image

PSN username - MartinPhantom

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7522
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Shinobi » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:25 am

Sister bought me a big bag sticker to the gills with Wii games my brother in law no longer wanted including Mario Kart and Fire Emblem..

Brand new Wii U Pro controller in Asda for £20

Adventure Time, Monkey Island Collection and Stranglehold in cex as well a Rastan/Conan game I had never heard of let alone saw in the wild..

Charity shop some N64 games 99p each and the last Professor Layton game on DS something Future also 99p.. Charity shops around here have suddenly been getting lots of DS and PS3 games also got the Mega CD game with Deborah Harry that was a bit more expensive..

Cash Generator had a Mickey Mouse game on the Master System for £10 and something called Battle Squadron on Megadrive for £2 and lose Snes FIFA for £5 crazy never bought any if these..

Pretty bad pictures due to my amazing camera skills ha

Image
Image
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

User avatar
c0nfu53d
Posts: 2097
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:35 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by c0nfu53d » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:45 pm

Near mint condition and complete. Very happy.




Image

LAIS
Posts: 746
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:01 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by LAIS » Sun May 01, 2016 9:59 am

Yo-Kai Watch on the 3DS. It's good fun, I'm really enjoying it so far. Probably has the potential to be repetitive, but at this point anyway I'm hooked.

MadManDan79
Posts: 580
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:35 am
Location: Essex

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by MadManDan79 » Sun May 01, 2016 10:17 am

Car boot today:

PSone console boxed £8
Xbox 360 slim 4gb (dvd drive needs adjustment) £10
3 PS1 games for £1: F1, Jackie Chan Stuntmaster and Auto destruct
3 games for £5: Zoom and Art Alive (Mega drive) and Super bust a move PS2

I also saw a ZX Spectrum with games for £50 but a limited budget meant I had to pass on it...

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14890
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Megamixer » Sun May 01, 2016 10:53 am

Just the one to show for the last few weeks:

Image

First time I've played a Warriors game so I'm still getting used to playing it 'properly', not helped by the fact that there are no tutorials and just 9 small info boxes of instruction at the start of a new game (how can I remember all those abilities when I'm dumped into the game?). The repetitive hack 'n slash gameplay doesn't offend me at all but I'm struggling with the sense of direction/where to go at times when the game is telling me that another officer is under attack. Also, was completely trouncing the enemies before a boss did some sort of kick combo on me that killed my character and dumped me back at the main menu :lol: . Cheers for that.

Will pick it up again later on have another go. More eager to play as the guest characters than anything.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11091
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by ShadowMan » Sun May 01, 2016 11:57 am

For Warriors Orochi 3 - make sure you take note of the allies that aren't allowed to die before starting a mission - as if they are under attack you need to rush to their aid else the mission is over. Also named enemy officers (especially main characters) are way more powerful than peons and can kill you in one combo if your not careful. You'll get stronger as you go, plus you can save anytime you want in a mission - and that's useful as this game has no sodding checkpoints so you can see 20-30 minutes washed away by one annoying mistake...

Make sure you start fusing weapons early as they augment your weapons really well, but bear in mind your level 1 weapon will be swapped out for a level 2, 3, 4 or 5 as the game goes on. Also, something I don't do - but you may want to just focus on a couple of characters at once. I can't, I need to try out multiple characters for the heck of it.

Oh, and always speak to named characters when you are in the hub area, also swap out your character in the hub area using the "change team" option from the menu as sometimes other named characters will appear in the hub. Speaking to the random characters that appear can sometimes unlock bonus missions, of which there are a large number.

As for all the different techniques you can use. I've either not learned or forgot most of them. Just remember that R2 and L2 swaps characters, R1 activates a useful move (even in the air) that can get you out of enemy combo's and pressing L2 and R2 together activates a mode where you are invincible for a short time, run around touching enemies to get gems, which can be used by the blacksmith.

Let me know if you've got any other questions. I'm slowly playing through the game (at chapter 4 at the mo) and have things down nicely.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24356
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by DPrinny » Sun May 01, 2016 1:35 pm

Image

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14890
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Megamixer » Sun May 01, 2016 3:10 pm

ShadowMan wrote:For Warriors Orochi 3 - make sure you take note of the allies that aren't allowed to die before starting a mission - as if they are under attack you need to rush to their aid else the mission is over. Also named enemy officers (especially main characters) are way more powerful than peons and can kill you in one combo if your not careful. You'll get stronger as you go, plus you can save anytime you want in a mission - and that's useful as this game has no sodding checkpoints so you can see 20-30 minutes washed away by one annoying mistake...

Make sure you start fusing weapons early as they augment your weapons really well, but bear in mind your level 1 weapon will be swapped out for a level 2, 3, 4 or 5 as the game goes on. Also, something I don't do - but you may want to just focus on a couple of characters at once. I can't, I need to try out multiple characters for the heck of it.

Oh, and always speak to named characters when you are in the hub area, also swap out your character in the hub area using the "change team" option from the menu as sometimes other named characters will appear in the hub. Speaking to the random characters that appear can sometimes unlock bonus missions, of which there are a large number.

As for all the different techniques you can use. I've either not learned or forgot most of them. Just remember that R2 and L2 swaps characters, R1 activates a useful move (even in the air) that can get you out of enemy combo's and pressing L2 and R2 together activates a mode where you are invincible for a short time, run around touching enemies to get gems, which can be used by the blacksmith.

Let me know if you've got any other questions. I'm slowly playing through the game (at chapter 4 at the mo) and have things down nicely.
Cheers for the tips :) . I hadn't realised about the saving and I'd also somehow missed the R1 special moves so those two things will certainly help.

As for the characters, I was going to stick with just three but already I want to get rid of some of the initial trio that you begin with. I've ditched the girl for Kunoichi so I'll see how she plays.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11091
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by ShadowMan » Sun May 01, 2016 3:47 pm

Good luck with Kunoichi, I couldn't get used to her even after leveling her up and giving her better weapons. I wasn't a fan of her combo strings and she just didn't seem to do any damage. Kaguya though (she is the first character you unlock) is actually a really decent character I think, I like her moves (especially her R1 moves).
The good news is really early into the game (like - first two stages) you should unlock Pang De and Taichi Ci whom are both powerhouses, really useful when starting out in the game. Later (in chapter 2/3) you get guys like Guan Yu and Achilles who are both insanely powerful.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24356
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by DPrinny » Sun May 01, 2016 4:25 pm

Megamixer wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:For Warriors Orochi 3 - make sure you take note of the allies that aren't allowed to die before starting a mission - as if they are under attack you need to rush to their aid else the mission is over. Also named enemy officers (especially main characters) are way more powerful than peons and can kill you in one combo if your not careful. You'll get stronger as you go, plus you can save anytime you want in a mission - and that's useful as this game has no sodding checkpoints so you can see 20-30 minutes washed away by one annoying mistake...

Make sure you start fusing weapons early as they augment your weapons really well, but bear in mind your level 1 weapon will be swapped out for a level 2, 3, 4 or 5 as the game goes on. Also, something I don't do - but you may want to just focus on a couple of characters at once. I can't, I need to try out multiple characters for the heck of it.

Oh, and always speak to named characters when you are in the hub area, also swap out your character in the hub area using the "change team" option from the menu as sometimes other named characters will appear in the hub. Speaking to the random characters that appear can sometimes unlock bonus missions, of which there are a large number.

As for all the different techniques you can use. I've either not learned or forgot most of them. Just remember that R2 and L2 swaps characters, R1 activates a useful move (even in the air) that can get you out of enemy combo's and pressing L2 and R2 together activates a mode where you are invincible for a short time, run around touching enemies to get gems, which can be used by the blacksmith.

Let me know if you've got any other questions. I'm slowly playing through the game (at chapter 4 at the mo) and have things down nicely.
Cheers for the tips :) . I hadn't realised about the saving and I'd also somehow missed the R1 special moves so those two things will certainly help.

As for the characters, I was going to stick with just three but already I want to get rid of some of the initial trio that you begin with. I've ditched the girl for Kunoichi so I'll see how she plays.
When you Get Orochi and DaJi be warned

THEY ARE POWERFUL!!

Been ages since ive played 3 but I remember that the best charaters to pick genrally are the ones that swing in a wide ark

User avatar
c0nfu53d
Posts: 2097
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:35 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by c0nfu53d » Mon May 02, 2016 7:02 am

Near mint. 3.3 British pounds after 3 for 2 deduction.



Image

User avatar
aztecca
Posts: 5216
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:18 pm
Location: http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by aztecca » Mon May 02, 2016 7:29 am

c0nfu53d wrote:Near mint. 3.3 British pounds after 3 for 2 deduction.



Image

Nice bargain there.Only just started picking a few wii games upyself.Thats on my list along with punchout and a few others.Not much in my local game wii wise though.Popped Iin there yestetday and they were selling a naruto game on the 360 for £1 new.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

User avatar
c0nfu53d
Posts: 2097
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:35 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by c0nfu53d » Mon May 02, 2016 7:35 am

Game are very hit and miss. To be fair I've had some amazing bargins there but they are few and far between.

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14890
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Megamixer » Mon May 02, 2016 1:46 pm

That compilation is worth it for Shock Troopers and Neo Turf Masters alone in my opinion. I only have the PS2 version though.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests