What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

RodimusPrime

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by RodimusPrime » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:23 am

I bought around 10 games from him before, and from yamatoku-classic ( I think that's what its called ) in one go and never been charged. they split the packages into 2 lots as well. Just had 2 arrive this morning. Will post pics later.

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:36 am

Rayman legends Wii u..

And a splatoon hat...new with tags from a charity shop for £1.50
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

David

Post by David » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:49 am

Also darran i just noticed that each package is marked "gift", think that helps avoid customs?

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:59 am

David wrote:Also darran i just noticed that each package is marked "gift", think that helps avoid customs?
Yes. They can't charge duty on gifts.

Thought I'd add that I buy a lot of the stuff from Japanese ebay seller called yjjyhgfju. Hardly the catchiest of names but everything I've had from them has been in better condition than described and quickly delivered.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

David

Post by David » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:16 am

Was always wary of buying from abroad but think I will be buying most stuff from them from now on

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:10 pm

David wrote:It says you can get discounts for bulk, but i have never bought from abroad and wasnt sure how customs worked so asked him to send seperately so it wasnt a high value single package

Didnt get any customs charge and each package was marked as 600 yen value, so i guess he has marked a low price to avoid charges

Will definitely use him again
600 yen is £3.60

MadManDan79

Post by MadManDan79 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:17 pm

Looks like a good one, I'll keep my eye on this Japanese retrogaming site.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:02 am

Bought somes stuff in bulk as the lots had a few items i was interested in. problem with that is you end up with a lot of stuff you never really intended. Its fun checking them out though, but to be fair a lot of this will be moved on but really happy as a couple of items have filled in some gaps.

These are box/manual upgrades and slowly turning my GX 4000 collection into all games complete.

Been picking up the odd one of these now and then to store my loose NES carts. Only need 2 more to be able to store them all.

I bought a joblot of PS1 games just to get this, I already have the game but needed the manual. bought a lot of nearly 20 games just to get this manual. If anyone likes Chase HQ they must try this game out. will be moving this one on minus the manual.

link to game footage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8aUOz6ebPE

This was the rest of the games that Ray tracers came with, going to check the condition out, try a few interesting ones out and make sure they all work and then probably move them all on. interested to try out Libero Grande again as I have not played it for years.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:12 am

And my Japanese pickups, again bought in bulk for a couple of specific items.

A few Fighting games and some others.

Some Saturn stuff.

Hyper olympics with 2 controllers, I have no way of using the controllers as I have no Famicom so will be moving these on, same with Spartan X ( Kung Fu over here ) and maybe Megaman.

Now on to one of the main reasons I got all these japanese games. Thunder Spirits ( a Thunder Force game for the Snes, ) and the GT game is a recent discovery. I love top down and isometric driving games and have been wanting this.

some footage of the GT game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGrHy9TOTf0

Beast Wars for N64, big transformers fan and decided to give it a go, and 2020 baseball is a game I have always really enjoyed. The mario game is PAL and an upgrade as I only had the cart before.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:43 am

^^^ Ray Tracers is a great game. Got the Japanese version myself and I absolutely love it.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:58 pm

Populous. Master System. £4.
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:09 pm

Gaming related. Picked this up at local charity shop for 50p. Brand new, so quite happy :D

MadManDan79

Post by MadManDan79 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:22 pm

samhain81 wrote:Gaming related. Picked this up at local charity shop for 50p. Brand new, so quite happy :D

Very good find there indeed. There's one exactly the same in original packaging on ebay going for £60 with 13 watchers...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-1993- ... SwX~dWkBlX

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:03 am

I sold a similar Game Watch (the Mario Kart one) in its blister pack for over £100 last year. Awesome find!
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:25 pm

Ummm... supposed to be saving up - however picked up Fantasy Life for the 3ds for £20 from Toys R us - but only after I challenged the £32 price on the front.

I've wanted this games for ages - perfect train home from work stuff!

Anyone else played it?
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.