What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by DPrinny » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:18 pm

dste wrote:
Rayne wrote:Hell yeah! All of them play really well too. Ultron is a flyer which is always fun, Sabine has some awesome proximity mines and Kylo Ren, well 8)
Excuse the ignorance but what do these things do?
Think physical DLC

Its also why game shops have tons of them in

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:05 pm

dste wrote:
Rayne wrote:Hell yeah! All of them play really well too. Ultron is a flyer which is always fun, Sabine has some awesome proximity mines and Kylo Ren, well 8)
Excuse the ignorance but what do these things do?
They're Disney Infinity 3.0 figures. It's one of those toys to life games where the figurines become playable characters that can be used in an absolute tonne of game modes. The statues themselves store the individual stats/abilities and levels. I actually really enjoy the game but I'd be lying if I said I was buying them just for that, they also look really really good on my shelf :oops: :lol:

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:14 am

Not a purchase this week specifically but i recently got a new ps2 controller and only rehooked everything up this week and have been playing through star wars battlefront 2 (which i finally completed the campaign) and gta 3.

PSN username - MartinPhantom

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:18 am

Shinobi wrote:PS4 Mortal Kombat and Mad Max £15 each in Sainsburys and Borderlands 2 360 £5 also in Sainsbury they had lots of other dirt cheap games I left behind..
Don't suppose they had any more Ultra Street Fighter IV did they?

I picked up Civilization: Beyond Earth and Arx Fatalis in the Steam Sale. There's some good games in there for less than a quid.

MadManDan79

Post by MadManDan79 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:16 pm

Treguard wrote:
Shinobi wrote:PS4 Mortal Kombat and Mad Max £15 each in Sainsburys and Borderlands 2 360 £5 also in Sainsbury they had lots of other dirt cheap games I left behind..

I picked up Civilization: Beyond Earth and Arx Fatalis in the Steam Sale. There's some good games in there for less than a quid.
Has Ultra SF4 been released for PS4? I can only see it for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC on ebay...

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:45 pm

MadManDan79 wrote:
Treguard wrote:

Has Ultra SF4 been released for PS4? I can only see it for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC on ebay...

Ultra SFIV is digital only on PS4, it got no physical release.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:19 am

stvd wrote:
AceGrace wrote: I also got the shield remote control. It is fantastic. Every emulator game I have tried is buttery smooth as are all the android games I have been buying (including Half Life 2, Doom 3 etc...)

The only down side is that not all of the emulators available for the shield tablet are available for the TV but I am sure they will come.

It is without a doubt the best device for emulation I have used so far. :lol:
Bought one last week as I was using an old PC in the living room for a media player.
What emulators aren't available for tv?
I've tried a few and all work so far......
MupenPlus isn't available in the app store on the TV but you can install it from the web site or tablet.

I also sideloaded Dragons Lair 1, 2 and Space Ace. They looked superb.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:37 am

Bloody Roar 3 (PS2)
Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
Doom (Jaguar)... that's right, I FOUND A JAGUAR GAME IN A SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

MadManDan79

Post by MadManDan79 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:43 pm

A nice little bargain from Oxfam - Silent Hill 3 for PS2 £2... :D

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:09 pm

Devils Third Wii u... prices all over the place on this at mo so finding it for £15 seems good.
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:13 pm

Beyond two souls, PS3 -99p

Well happy with that

gman72

Post by gman72 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:39 pm

slacey1070 wrote:Devils Third Wii u... prices all over the place on this at mo so finding it for £15 seems good.
Good game. Hope u enjoy it. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:41 am

gman72 wrote:
slacey1070 wrote:Devils Third Wii u... prices all over the place on this at mo so finding it for £15 seems good.
Quick 30mins after work....a lot better than the reviews said.

Great delivery from segastyles via Amazon. Ordered Sunday here on Tuesday.
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:39 am

slacey1070 wrote:
gman72 wrote:
Quick 30mins after work....a lot better than the reviews said.

Great delivery from segastyles via Amazon. Ordered Sunday here on Tuesday.
Yes, apart from being a bit linier this is a decent title.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:04 am

after a bit of a clearout I am back to picking up titles again

First up, a thank you to shinobi for doing a deal for these. Been after cannonspike for ages so a big thank you. He also threw in a reproduction of final fight 3 and a super famicom king of the monsters 2.

Filling in a couple of gaps in my collection, had disc only copies of these so as per my new years resolution to replace all loose games with boxed copies and replace all missing manuals I upgraded to these.

another couple of upgrades from cart only, and a nice condition Japanese copy of Bonk.

finally a boxed complete copy, its the us version but I am happy with any region as long as its complete, just trying for a copy of war of the gems now.

picked up this Japanese artbook, accidently ended up with 2 copies f this so will be looking to move one on once the other copy arrives.

and this, not a fan or anything and never really bothered with the series but got this cheap as chips and thought it was worth picking up and giving a go. 2nd pic is what came in the box.