Page 1973 of 2137

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:14 pm
by TwoHeadedBoy
Bought some games for the first time in forever over the weekend, all for PS1:

Aironauts, Assault, Eliminator, Frenzy, Kiss Pinball and Pinball Power. Never heard of any of them but they all look fun from their boxes, and I've always got time for pinball.

Couple of weekends ago also, Vinny (remember him?) gave me the fancy "book" version of Batman: Arkham City for the 360 with some of the DLC included as well. Best get around to downloading that before they pull the plug on 360 things, ouch!

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:03 am
by c0nfu53d
Rayne wrote:
Great pick up for only 50p! The single player is a pretty generic adventure, fun but not memorable. Multiplayer is ace though :)

Good condition too and Looks fun from the back of the box. I hadn't heard of this particular game before.

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:14 am
by IronMaidenRule
Football Manager 2016 (PC) - Probably counts as a purchase now the Beta has started.........will see everyone again in a few months time!

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:27 am
by David
cool spot
NBA jam
sensible soccer

£17 from the games shop outside my work

their retro prices are high (thy have earthworm jim for 14.99 and sonic 2 for a tenner) butni am a sucker for buying games found "in the wild"

mint condiion too so quite happy

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:11 am
by Timothy Redux
David wrote:cool spot
NBA jam
sensible soccer

£17 from the games shop outside my work

their retro prices are high (thy have earthworm jim for 14.99 and sonic 2 for a tenner) butni am a sucker for buying games found "in the wild"

mint condiion too so quite happy
nice - I like cool spot. There's a retro shop where my friend lives, and yes the prices are high too - though £10 for a game as common as Sonic 2 is really pushing it.

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:45 am
by David
I usually don't mind paying a wee bit extra over eBay prices as its the only shop in glagow still selling retro stuff and I've been using them since I was in primary school, but the prices are getting ridiculous recently

they've had a load of snes games in recently, loose carts about a tenner to twenty quid, boxed games up to £50 each

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:21 pm
by samhain81
c0nfu53d wrote:
Rayne wrote:
Great pick up for only 50p! The single player is a pretty generic adventure, fun but not memorable. Multiplayer is ace though :)

Good condition too and Looks fun from the back of the box. I hadn't heard of this particular game before.
Bought this game at release and returned same day. They botched the multiplayer. I hate how the bombermen flung their arms around like monkeys as they ran around. They felt so floaty in comparison to other interations of the game. Nonetheless, can't go wrong with 50p I suppose

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:57 pm
by skodathegreat
David wrote:cool spot
NBA jam
sensible soccer

£17 from the games shop outside my work

their retro prices are high (thy have earthworm jim for 14.99 and sonic 2 for a tenner) butni am a sucker for buying games found "in the wild"

mint condiion too so quite happy
Can't beat a bit of Sensible Soccer. One of my favourite games on the Mega Drive (and the Amiga).

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:17 pm
by dste
Picked up Child of Eden today as I remember people raving about it on here.

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:58 am
by DPrinny
dste wrote:Picked up Child of Eden today as I remember people raving about it on here.
If it was really cheap its fun, only about an hours worth of "game", if only modern consoles had gun controllers

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:44 am
by Rayne
Not exactly gaming related but I bought a 64 GB micro SD card for my Wikipad. A mate at PC world added a staff discount so it only cost 15 quid, bargain :D

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:06 am
by n1nty
Managed to bag myself a copy of Breach and Clear on the vita yesterday before all 1500 sold out in 110 minutes ! :D

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:26 pm
by Negative Creep
Pre-ordered Fallout 4. Not usually something I do seeing as games can often get launched in a broken state, in fact the last time I got something on release day was Gears 3. But hey, it's not as if the series is known for bugs or glitches is it?

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:50 pm
by snesfanboy
Project Zero LE for Wii U

first ever game i preordered in a local shop

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:53 pm
by theantmeister
Negative Creep wrote:Pre-ordered Fallout 4. Not usually something I do seeing as games can often get launched in a broken state, in fact the last time I got something on release day was Gears 3. But hey, it's not as if the series is known for bugs or glitches is it?
:lol:

Naaaah, it'll be fine.