What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Rayne

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Rayne » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:50 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
Rayne wrote:I finally picked up a copy of Spiderman: Edge of Time on 360 for a reasonable price. I really want to get all the activision action games (spiderman, deadpool, etc) but they always seem to be stupidly expensive on the rare occasions I see them in store :(
Doesn't help that a whole heap of them got delisted due to licensing reasons, which probably drove up the price. Deadpool was among them, but a deal has been worked out as that is getting a PS4/Xbox One release. Edge of Time is a great game in my opinion with bad villains. I'm amazed that between classic and 2099 they manage to get next to no villains in the game (and no good ones at that). Its my one complaint with the game, after Shattered Dimensions knocked it out of the park in that respect I was a tad disappointed.
I have very vague memories of playing edge of time and what you say sounds bang on. I've found deadpool online for about 15 quid but I really want it under a tenner :oops: . Shattered Dimensions definitely seems to be the best of the bunch and tellingly it's one I've never, ever seen in a store.

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:53 am

This just turned up

BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend Chibi Heroes Edition

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:46 am

Glad I never really bothered with Blazblue, how meany bloody updates dose a game need

David

Post by David » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:00 pm

a £3.99 rgb lead for the MD shinobi sent me, should be here tomorrow hopefully.

going on a MD buying spree over the next few months. been wasting my time and money recently on consoles I get fed up of too quickly (ps1, Saturn etc) but the MD was always my favourite. started a wee list of games I wanted and its got about 100 on it so far :lol:

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:01 pm

DPrinny wrote:Glad I never really bothered with Blazblue, how meany bloody updates dose a game need
Arc System Works - what do you expect?

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:16 pm

David wrote:a £3.99 rgb lead for the MD shinobi sent me, should be here tomorrow hopefully.

going on a MD buying spree over the next few months. been wasting my time and money recently on consoles I get fed up of too quickly (ps1, Saturn etc) but the MD was always my favourite. started a wee list of games I wanted and its got about 100 on it so far :lol:
Might work out cheaper for you to invest in a ever drive thing haha

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:36 pm

Liamh1982 wrote:
DPrinny wrote:Glad I never really bothered with Blazblue, how meany bloody updates dose a game need
the only thing they made that I liked was the Fist of the north star fighting game

FATAL KO!!
HisNHer_LP wrote:
David wrote:a £3.99 rgb lead for the MD shinobi sent me, should be here tomorrow hopefully.

JOIN US!!!

MadManDan79

Post by MadManDan79 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:04 pm

HisNHer_LP wrote:
MadManDan79 wrote:Went shopping today and bought:

Premier manager 64 boxed and complete £5, Sega Master system Joystick £5 both from CEX.
Jimmy White's whirlwind snooker £1 from CC

PS1/PS2 compatible Ferrari Steering wheel from RSPCA £2.
That's awesome your cex do mega drive and n64 games, all the ones local to me and slowly stopping ps2 / GameCube and don't go that far back

Where is it out of interests?
Colchester, the other pawn shops in the town are worth a look as well as they often get retro games in. BHF on the high street is worth looking in as well as they pat test electrics and sometimes get consoles like the PS2 in. There was 1 going for £15 with all leads and 2 controllers not long ago so I gave a heads up on here about it. I wonder if anyone from here bought it?

David

Post by David » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:17 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Liamh1982 wrote:
the only thing they made that I liked was the Fist of the north star fighting game

FATAL KO!!
@
HisNHer_LP wrote:

JOIN US!!!
nah, I had a modded Xbox with every MD game on it, bu t I like the physical MD games and the thrill of finding them "in the wild" :)

any other system I would, but the mdnis my "nostalgia" console

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:23 pm

JOIN US!!

You can play Rom hacks and those games you cant find on the cheap untill you do find them on the cheap

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:05 pm

Pm me your wish list and I will see if I have any worth selling.

Everdrive is awesome. I have 3. Ms, md and snes

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:11 am

I currently have one for n64, I have limited space where I currently live so the ever drive is perfect, I think the snes will be my next one

David

Post by David » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:50 am

flatapex wrote:

going on a MD buying spree over the next few months. been wasting my time and money recently on consoles I get fed up of too quickly (ps1, Saturn etc) but the MD was always my favourite. started a wee list of games I wanted and its got about 100 on @it so far :lol:
Pm me your wish list and I will see if I have any worth selling.

Everdrive is awesome. I have 3. Ms, md and snes
trust.me it will be easier to just check what games you want to sell!

David

Post by David » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:57 am

Pete sampras tennis (MD) - £2

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:06 pm

Just sorting out some games for you David, gonna send you Rolling Thunder 2 (not that common) amongst others! :)

I'm waiting patiently for Halo 5 this week from Amazon.