What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

flatapex

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by flatapex » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:07 pm

Liamh1982 wrote: PSP: Dynasty Warriors, The Simpsons Game
couple of quality games there dude, i have had the simpsons game from release as my psp was a competition prize won by my parents, they sold it to me about 6 years ago for a fraction of the second hand price, had been played about 3 times and was still mint, they didnt play it much as it wasnt given to them with a memory card :lol: got a small one from someone on here that carried me through till i bought one from a local electronics junk shop, had to empty it all as the previous owner made a cack job of using it for emus. fixed now :D

oh yeah, stuff i bought. well i went up to manchester as I have had a day off today (a week in my new job and i've already had a days leave, beauty of moving departments in the same company), went for a burger with her indoors (she'll kill me for calling her that :lol: ) and we called in to thats entertainment, only german film they had was downfall, so on to the ps2/psp games.
picked up a few bits, all for ps2:
super trucks
toca race driver
total immersion racing
play it pinball
tony hawks p.s 3
runabout 3
pro rally 2002

most of it was crap and on clearance, the only other tempting thing was gametrak golf, not because i wanted to play it, or because i like golf games (if it isnt crazy golf i'm not interested) but because its interesting and comes with its own controller. as far as i'm concerned i have cleared that store of any decent racing action. at least i know there wont be any rare budget games and my ps2 wants list is probably 90% complete

David

Post by David » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:13 pm

Looking at megadrives on gumtree there, but they all look manky

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:27 pm

David wrote:Looking at megadrives on gumtree there, but they all look manky
they generally do mate, as long as it works everything else is cosmetic and they are VERY easy to clean. pads are a pain if you have to take them apart but multi surface wipes will bring the casing up nicely and a cotton bud or 10 for the cart slot. worst is if it needs new leads, its a whole 10 quid to upgrade to scart.

if a bundle is the right price considering what comes with it, dont let muck on a plastic case put you off

David

Post by David » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:29 pm

Most of them come with unboxed copies off FIFA marked MEGA RARE :lol:

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:51 pm

Many people will baulk at this suggestion, but I got a Blaze MD in the RG Secret Santa. Has a cart slot and is ideal for dipping into. Well worth grabbing and go reasonably cheap on the bay.
Going Solo...................

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:01 pm

N64 Transfer Pak, boxed for the princely sum of £0.00.
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:18 pm

Finally bought COD modern warfare 3 for 360 from grainger games for £3.

I never buy COD on its first release due to me only wanting to play the single player mode.

Also today from CEX I picked up for the 360 evil within limited edition for £22. Case looked in really good condition, took it to the counter and it turns out it's brand new. The game was still sealed so big bonus.
Last edited by silvergunner on Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:45 am

Picked up Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z special edition from Shopto, as it was cheap. I like the Ninja Gaiden games, but this got awful reviews at the time. I'll see how I get on with it, but don't be surprised if it turns up in a Random Niceness thread soon!

David

Post by David » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:51 pm

Going to car boot on Sunday for first time in months to see what I can see

Guys are there at like 3am hoovering up all the best stuff to sell on though :(

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:15 pm

David wrote:Going to car boot on Sunday for first time in months to see what I can see

Guys are there at like 3am hoovering up all the best stuff to sell on though :(
hope you get something good dude, i've had a few nice bits from car boots, if someone has some games it doesnt harm to ask if they have any more (i found my biggest bundle that way- the guy didnt have room in his car for the half dozen consoles and stacks of games for each), spent £90 but it was a nice bundle of snes and ms stuff

16+32 bit era stuff is hard to come by these days at the boot sales but i hope you get lucky dude

DaveDoc1984

Post by DaveDoc1984 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:33 pm

Rockman X on Super Famicom :) aka Mega Man X on Super Nintendo
Human Grand Prix II on Super Famicom
In to Retro Gaming Pickup's? Light hearted reviews of both Modern Day and Retro Video Games? Check out my YouTube Channel!

http://www.youtube.com/DaveDoc1984
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 1ESj3JPPnT

gunbladelad

Post by gunbladelad » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:33 pm

Haven't bought any games this week, but I did grab myself a Wii Remote for a fiver today - taking my tally up to the full 4. Sadly it came with one of those rechargable packs on rather than the original battery cover. Needless to say it had been so well used that it can only hold the charge for about 2 minutes before dying completely.

Thankfully a friend had given me a couple of unofficial replacement covers some time ago unopened. All I need now is one more Classic Controller Pro and 1 nunchuck to go with it.
Where logic won't work, I will

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:28 am

This week's spoils: Shunya Yamashita's 'Beautiful Noise' artbook and Final Fantasy XII (courtesy of Nokgod - cannot believe this is the first copy of XII that I've ever owned...)

Shunya is one of my favourite artists and while the book isn't all gaming-related art, there's a fair bit in the second half. The best part is the complete set of his Tekken Tag 2 alternate character select panel art which are the full pictures for all characters unlike the incomplete and badly arranged versions in TTT2's LE artbook. A few samples:

Mass Effect

Angel (Tekken)

Lollipop Chainsaw
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

van

Post by van » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:36 pm

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:41 am

120gb PS3 Slim with a pad, leads, FIFA10 and Far Cry 2 for £40
Going Solo...................