What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Megamixer

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Megamixer » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:51 am

Well, I didn't get my Xillia 2 today but no biggie (not as if I'm ready to play it immediately anyway) but I did get these two this week:

Loving having a physical release for Ultra SFIV and I can't wait to get stuck in. Must also thank dste for getting this for me as he got it a wee bit cheaper :)

I bought the MGS Legacy Collection now rather than later as the prices already seem to be going upwards of the original RRP and it's understandable because it's a great set. It includes:

- Metal Gear
- Metal Gear 2
- Metal Gear Solid
- Metal Gear Solid Special Missions
- Metal Gear Solid 2 HD
- Metal Gear Solid 3 HD
- Metal Gear Solid 4 Trophy Edition
- Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD

- 2 x MGS Digital Graphic Novels
- A nice artbook with history of the series plus all regional box art and promo poster art for every game.

I'm actually puzzled as to why this set went under the radar when the much lesser HD Collection got a load of attention :? . The only thing that spoils the Legacy Collection for me is that the two PS1 games aren't on the discs but are downloads with a voucher code in the box :evil: . Still a brilliant set regardless but might be worth noting for anybody who thinks of picking up a pre-owned copy.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:13 pm

Crack Converters actually had quite a few PS1 games in! :D

Fairly slim pickings but managed to grab:
Galaga Destination Earth
Centipede
Frogger 2: Swampy's Revenge
Space Invaders
Pipe Mania 3D
Magical Drop 3

tux

Post by tux » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:32 pm

Found this ps2 lot locally. £20. Nothing too exciting but a nice few sets of games, plus Ebay fodder of Shadow of the col to make my money back.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:40 pm

Great price. Got to have been a local pickup jobbie. Some great titles in there for twenty holes. :)

Nice to see the steelbook Resi 4 too, i like that.
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:46 pm

Yeah that's a fantastic pick up, I would pay 20 for both yakuzas alone, as finding number 2 was such a hard task for me.

Also the metal gear collection above, I got that recently and I two am shocked it went under the radar, I haven't seen it anywhere since I picked it up for around 24.99 brand new and sealed.

tux

Post by tux » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:48 pm

nokgod wrote:Great price. Got to have been a local pickup jobbie. Some great titles in there for twenty holes. :)

Nice to see the steelbook Resi 4 too, i like that.
Cheers. I mainly bought it for Manhunt 2 as ive never played it and it can be a bugger to find at a price im prepared to pay for ps2 games :lol:

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:34 pm

Some really good games in there I'd say Project Zero and Kingdom Hearts alone would make you your money back, never knew there was a PS2 Xena game.. Must ask the game with the Arcade Machine is it proper games or just breakout and Pac Man clones with names like Hangly Man and Bat and Ball?
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

tux

Post by tux » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:45 pm

Shinobi wrote: just breakout and Pac Man clones with names like Hangly Man and Bat and Ball?

Well i havent played it yet but by the look of the blurb on the back of the case i believe you above statement to be bang on :lol: . Looks like "jazzy" fake 3d versions of old games that probably dont play quite right and dont have the correct licenses!

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:13 am

This arrived while i was on holiday:

Well chuffed as i snagged it from ebay uk, so no import tax or ridiculous shipping fees :D Mint condition too! Just got to find Vol.1 and 2 now.......
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:54 am

Some PS4 additions this week:

Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil thingy
Wolfenstein.

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:32 pm

nokgod wrote:This arrived while i was on holiday:

Well chuffed as i snagged it from ebay uk, so no import tax or ridiculous shipping fees :D Mint condition too! Just got to find Vol.1 and 2 now.......
:shock:

dare i ask how much? I didnt see this in my feed, I'm slightly jealous.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:44 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121401160813? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Put a cheeky bid in and promptly forgot all about it as i thought i'd have no chance. It finished while i was away on holiday and i nearly fell over when i saw i'd won. :D

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:56 pm

They're always around the £50 mark. being the 3rd volume as well, this would have been the hardest to find much like the 4th volume in the first .hack series. Like you say though, these do not appear often over here so dodging those customs fees is a massive bonus

Well done. By the way, do you have Arc the Lad End of Darkness on PS2? Think its US only?

ulrich7ad

Post by ulrich7ad » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:20 pm

Got a ps4 with infamous for 349 at asda yesterday. Impressed so far especially the speed of flicking between applications.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:52 pm

Black Ridge wrote:Well done. By the way, do you have Arc the Lad End of Darkness on PS2? Think its US only?
Yes mate, I have that. It is deffo ntsc only. I've realised i've still not finished the PAL RPG set....i didn't realise that Digimon World 4 had a PAL release....so...still one to go! There's probably a couple of others hiding in the depths of the PS2 catalogue i don't know about!! Still more research to be done, methinks. :)