What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Almost Gamers

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Almost Gamers » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:01 pm

We bought
Magical Aventure Starring Mickey Mouse
Yoshis Island
Donkey Kong Country 2
And a Retron 3

HaZ

Post by HaZ » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:59 pm

Was a pleasant surprise to see some PS1 games at a CeX.

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:38 am

went to a carboot today and found nothing of interest except a lego architecture set unused for £1 (they are £25 in shops), asked one guy if he had any computer stuff for sale and he said he did at home, i took his number and we arranged for me to go round.

what a treasure trove, if i could have i would have bought everything, i picked out 2 systems and the games for them:

snes, cib copies of mario all stars, super punch out, starwing, kevin keegan, prince of persia, lemmings, mario kart, super tennis, cart only mario world, striker, nigel mansell, donkey kong and another copy of super punch out.
md games- sonic 2, 3 and spinball
ms 2 boxed, copies of star wars, r-type, land of illusion, sonic 2, shinobi, bomber raid, world class leader board and a couple of others

it set me back *mumble mumble* pounds

c0nfu53d

Post by c0nfu53d » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:48 pm

Space Invaders: Invasion Day and Ty The Tasmanian Tiger for the PS2 - 50p each. Not worth anything but both look fun.

Just need to get another PS2 - sold mine a while back :roll:

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:00 pm

c0nfu53d wrote:Space Invaders: Invasion Day
Wow thats good, they paid you 50p for that cack?

Id of haggled and asked for more

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:12 pm

flatapex wrote:went to a carboot today and found nothing of interest except a lego architecture set unused for £1 (they are £25 in shops), asked one guy if he had any computer stuff for sale and he said he did at home, i took his number and we arranged for me to go round.

what a treasure trove, if i could have i would have bought everything, i picked out 2 systems and the games for them:

snes, cib copies of mario all stars, super punch out, starwing, kevin keegan, prince of persia, lemmings, mario kart, super tennis, cart only mario world, striker, nigel mansell, donkey kong and another copy of super punch out.
ms 2 boxed, copies of star wars, r-type, land of illusion, sonic 2, shinobi, bomber raid, world class leader board and a couple of others

Fantastic buy for "mumble mumble" pounds......

The amount of times I have spent "mumble mumble" pounds on gaming items and such :-p

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:55 am

HisNHer_LP wrote:
flatapex wrote:went to a carboot today and found nothing of interest except a lego architecture set unused for £1 (they are £25 in shops), asked one guy if he had any computer stuff for sale and he said he did at home, i took his number and we arranged for me to go round.

Fantastic buy for "mumble mumble" pounds......

The amount of times I have spent "mumble mumble" pounds on gaming items and such :-p
*mumble mumble* sounds better than 90 lol

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:40 am

Darius Twin - Super Famicom
Sonic 2 - Japanese Megadrive
Xenon 2 - Megadrive
Magic Sword - Super Famicom
Xardion - Super Famicom
Resident Evil 5 Collectors Edition - 360
Resident Evil 6 Collectors Edition - PS3
River City Ransom EX - GBA
Die Hard Trilogy - PS1

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:37 pm

NES:
Power Blade

Game Boy:
Soccer
Mickey's Racing Adventure
Super RC Pro-Am
Race Days
Alfred Chicken

360:
Fatal Inertia

PSP:
Exit
BlazBlue Calamity Trigger

DS:
Mario Slam Basketball
Boulder Dash Rocks
Powershot Pinball Constructor

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:01 pm

Nes console with seven games Dragon Ninja, Black Manta and some X Rated Mario light gun game with Bunny Girls
Rodlands Famicom been after this for ages
Charity shop kept a N64 by for me and I got it today 2 official pads and only game a boxed Xena Warrior Princess £7.50
Several American Dreamcast games a few pal Snes very kindly given to me from Ultra Magnus on the Retro Collect forums
Grid Runner C64 10p different cases looked a lot older and had Jeff Minters address in the back think it must have been mail order
Charlies Angels Gamecube 49p I just buy any Gamecube game I see
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:26 pm

Tried to put a hold on buying games at the minute as I am buying faster than I can play. Problem is I just can't resist a bargain.

£36 pound for this lot. comes with a very hard to fin pc-engine/turbografx adaptor and a few games. I only really wanted the Bonk 2 game and the shooters.

Got this a while ago, paid nothing at all for it. Guy I know collects comics and after a clearout it turned out I had some hard to find comics that he really really wanted. managed to talk him into trading them for this,

Some nice Snes pickups. came with some other games that I have traded. Total Carnage, Goof troop and some others.

a PS2 streetfighter fight pad

some loose megadrive games and a Sega cassette tape holder, ( I actually got 3 of these )

Why did I want a cassette tape holder, because they are the perfect size for loose megadrive and genesis games

front of the fightpad box and a streetfighter 2 folder ( bought a couple of these )

which will be used for holding loose gameboy games

and to finish off, some GB games, jap ps2 games and half minute hero for PSP

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:37 pm

:shock: Some ace pickups there! Bonk 2 alone comes to nearly £30 alone let alone getting a Turbo Express in there!!! Those adapters can fetch a similar price too.

Terranigma & Super Ghouls n Ghosts set you back much? I know they can be pricey.

Those PS2 pads aren't too bad. Tad clunky n chunky but closest you may get to a Saturn-esque pad on PS2 unless you are willing to hunt/fork out for the Darkstalkers one. Not sure if there are any others designed like the Saturn pad?

What are those Reborn games like? I've not seen the series they are based on. A lot of anime get fighting games based on them and some of them are ok like the Fate Unlimited game on PS2

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:46 pm

Black Ridge wrote::shock: Some ace pickups there! Bonk 2 alone comes to nearly £30 alone let alone getting a Turbo Express in there!!! Those adapters can fetch a similar price too.

Terranigma & Super Ghouls n Ghosts set you back much? I know they can be pricey.

Those PS2 pads aren't too bad. Tad clunky n chunky but closest you may get to a Saturn-esque pad on PS2 unless you are willing to hunt/fork out for the Darkstalkers one. Not sure if there are any others designed like the Saturn pad?

What are those Reborn games like? I've not seen the series they are based on. A lot of anime get fighting games based on them and some of them are ok like the Fate Unlimited game on PS2

The Turo express was just a true " right place, right time " moment. As for the reborn games, I honestly have no idea what they are. I have recently just added a japanese PS2 to the collection and just wanted some games and got those 3 for £1 each.

Terranigma + Ghouls and ghosts. I got those games plus some others.6 games in total Got the lot for around £60

Dreamer

Post by Dreamer » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:06 pm

retrojc wrote:
nokgod wrote:
nakamura wrote:It's also a good game and looks lovely!
Better on the 'cube though. :wink:
Better on the 360 though :wink:
Better on the PC though. :wink:

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:59 pm

Jealous on the £36 turbo express lot. I never come across stuff like that.