What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

nakamura

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by nakamura » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:35 pm

Looks pretty, Trev!
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:53 pm

A couple of Amiga games for £20

Well, I say a couple

TV Sports Football
Balance of Power
Balance of Power 1990 Edition
Return to Atlantis
Premier Manager 2
Gehesia
Power Struggle
Stock Market
The Sentinel
Summer Olympiad
Jet Set Willy
Ferrari Formula One
World Tour Golf
Chessmaster 2000
Bloodnet
Sabre Team
Vikings Fields of Conquest
Transartica
A-Train
Mega Traveller 1: The Zhodani Conspiricy
K240
Perihelion
Deuteros The Next Millenium
Team Yankee
Dino Dini's GOAL!
NAM 1965-1975
Utopia
Off Shore Warrior
Fields of Gl;ory
Hollywood Poker Pro
Hard Drivin'
F-16 Combat Pilot
Skid Marks
Second Samurai
Sherman M4
Teenage Queen
Midwinter
Lancaster:It's Real
Star Glider
Lost Patrol
World Games
Air Bucks
Espana The Games
Robocop 3
Conflict Europe
Test Drive 2 The Duel
Discovery In The Steps of Columbus
Knightmare
Chase HQ
Graham Gooch World Class Cricket
Oil Imperium
Stunt Car Racer
Maria Whittaker Christmas Box
Football Manager 2
Sim City
Soccer Supremo
Hostages
Falcon F-16
Kick Off 2: Final Whistle Data Disk
Sleeping Gods Lie
Lords of Chaos
Lotus Turbo Challenge
Jimmy Whites Whirlwind Snooker
Reach For The Skies
Nigel Mansell's Grand Prix
Gunship
Turning Points
Shadoworlds
Championship Baseball
Silent Service
Waterloo
North and South

All boxed, all complete. All unplayable until I get an Amiga.

Or a sale thread. :D
Going Solo...................

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:55 pm

The Pinball Arcade on PS4 (disc version)

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:53 am

Went to the market and carboot today. Got this lot from market for 50p each. Gunvalkyrie is a little scratched but hopefully should work fine

And then this bundle for £10 from carboot all complete

Captain Planet is not my cup of tea at all so if anyone wants a trade for it let me know :wink:

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:36 am

I thought Bujingai was a really awesome hidden gem once I'd gotten into the gameplay. There was a really hard fight late in the game that I just couldn't get past but up until that point it was a great game.

I didn't get on with The Warriors or 7 Blades but both were interesting games. Got Gunvalkyrie on the shelf with a load of other Xbox games that need playing.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:03 pm

Black Ridge wrote:<SNIP>
If you want to offload War of the monsters some time.....................

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:29 pm

nokgod wrote:I will once i'm done with La Pucelle Tactics. Currently 12 hours in and absolutely loving it :D
Thought you'd like that probably the next closest thing to Jeanne D'arc also one of my favorite games, got really hard when you recruit Eclair to the party.. Just couldn't get the good ending on the Rampaging Monster.. I believe there wasGood/Bad and Netruel endings for each chapter I got the good endings for the first level and Mr Tarte the Demon vicar who was going to kill Alouette brother on the Cliff and bad for the third..

Did you work out the purification after? I meant to message as you can do it on the first dungeon by standing on the purification tiles and surrounding the monsters inside the box..

Besides you got a complete PS2 collection now
Last edited by Shinobi on Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:33 pm

Myself I got Double Dragon, Maniac Mansion and Blue Shadow all boxed pal and a cool Jap smhump that the name escapes me
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

killbot

Post by killbot » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:36 pm

Wow, very slim pickings at the car boot today. I did find one of those new models of Mega Drive from a few years ago (the ones that had 80 built-in games and a cart slot). It was in good condition and boxed for £10 but I already have an MD so I passed. There was a CIB Shenmue on the DC but they wanted £45 for it which seemed steep to me (I know Shenmue 2 has some value to it but didn't think the original was worth more than around 20 quid). In the end the only things I ended up with were an old Doctor Who novel for a quid and R-Type on the Game Boy for £2. Halfway home I remembered that I recently bought the vastly superior R-Type DX, making it pretty redundant, but it's in decent nick so I'll hang onto it.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:52 pm

Been trying out the Retron 5 all weekend. much better than I thought it would be.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:11 pm

Shinobi wrote:
nokgod wrote:I will once i'm done with La Pucelle Tactics. Currently 12 hours in and absolutely loving it :D
Thought you'd like that probably the next closest thing to Jeanne D'arc also one of my favorite games, got really hard when you recruit Eclair to the party.. Just couldn't get the good ending on the Rampaging Monster.. I believe there wasGood/Bad and Netruel endings for each chapter I got the good endings for the first level and Mr Tarte the Demon vicar who was going to kill Alouette brother on the Cliff and bad for the third..

Did you work out the purification after? I meant to message as you can do it on the first dungeon by standing on the purification tiles and surrounding the monsters inside the box..

Besides you got a complete PS2 collection now
Yeah, mostly sussed the purification now although i'm still prone to the odd cockup. I managed 4 miracles in a row on that level in the Devil's Stomach... and got over 18000 purification bonus. It was a chain of 600 or so :D Funny you should mention Mt Tarte. Just finished that chapter as i've been levelling up a bit. Worked out how to fuse items together by sending monsters to the dark world too.

Still got a bit of work to finish the PS2 collection steve. The PAL side of things is done but there's plenty of ntsc-u exclusives still to track down. Getting there, though :wink:

ON TOPIC:

My missus decided she wanted to go to a carboot when she got up this morning, so we went at half eight. Wasn't really expecting to see much by going at that time....and i didn't really. I picked up a pristine copy of Destroy all Humans 2 and YuGiOh: Duellists of the Roses (both PS2) and a Mario Galaxy Strategy Guide.
Also picked up some DC comics Weird Stories (reprints of old 50's comics) and a couple of novels that i'll read when i go on holiday.
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:26 pm

First the TurboGrafx, now this haul... I've had worse weeks!

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:28 pm

As you lot are well aware, i have zero interest in fighting games but these seemed too good a bargain to pass up:

Picked these up as well:

just because i didn't want to see them go in the bin. They'll all go Random niceness at some point, i'd have thought :)
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:15 pm

I urge you to at least give Capcom VS SNK a go! There's bound to be one character in there that 'clicks' for you. :)

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:45 pm

Sel Feena wrote:I urge you to at least give Capcom VS SNK a go! There's bound to be one character in there that 'clicks' for you. :)
I've never played it... THE SHAME!!! If Nok doesn't want it I am on the scrounge to give it a go. If its as fab as everyone says I'll be hunting for an NTSC copy :D

Talking of NTSC, here are my recent import pickups that I've failed to post here. Some go back from over a month ago :oops:

Legendia and Dawn are both new and sealed still. £17 and £12
PSO my missus bought for me from the CEX website and is MINT!
Gunners Heaven was £10 (great fun btw!)
Groove on and Saturn Bomberman came to £26
FF7 was £8

Very happy with this lot. Admittedly I shouldnt have bought most of it but I've wanted some of these for a long time and couldnt resist. Had to clear some stuff to pay for it but all worth it :D